Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: College and ferrets.  (Read 3051 times)

Sharpie44

College and ferrets.
« on: August 29, 2009, 12:29:17 am »

I'm thinking hard about doing a "Test" move to NH for a semester of college. I should be betting my bachelors degree in Economics with a minor in management this spring and I'm looking into doing a masters in NH. I'm looking into schools and have been talking to some of the staff there about the degree's.

I wanted to do the move after college but maybe it would be easier if i only do a temporary move the first go around. I can leave the bulk of my stuff with family, then come back for it if i decide to stay.

just have a few questions.

1.) Any good cheep places to live. I'll take a long commute over a bad neighborhood also price is an issue considering finding a part time job will be difficult at the moment.

2.) Is there any NH laws against Ferrets. I couldn't find any but it doesn't hurt to ask. I don't want to leave my fuzz ball behind.

3.) How is tuition cost in NH. Just about anywhere is better than Ohio but I haven't seen any statistics on NH.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 12:26:26 pm by Sharpie44 »

Pat McCotter

• Global Moderator
Re: College and ferrets.
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 03:38:44 am »

Yiou may own ferrets but you may not hunt with them.

NH RSA 207:6 Ferrets. – No person, while hunting or obviously on his way to or from hunting, shall have a ferret in his possession, custody or control.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 03:41:18 am by Pat McCotter »
Visualize Whirled Peas

Give Pizza Chance

I think it's wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly. - Steven Wright

Pat McCotter

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 03:49:11 am »

RSA Section 436:99-108 is about rabies and RSA Section 437 is about sale of pets and include dogs, cats and ferrets.
Visualize Whirled Peas

Give Pizza Chance

I think it's wrong that only one company makes the game Monopoly. - Steven Wright

lloydbob1

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2009, 07:32:09 am »

Ferrets are mandatory in some parts of NH

Soduka

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 01:27:10 pm »

NH RSA 207:6 Ferrets. – No person, while hunting or obviously on his way to or from hunting, shall have a ferret in his possession, custody or control.

lolwut. Who comes up with this stuff?

citizen_142002

• Friend of the FSP
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 07:29:40 pm »

I'm not sure why anyone wanted to ban ferreting, but there is a long history of hunting with ferrets. I believe that falconry is legal in NH, but I'm not sure about that either.

Timdividual

« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 11:38:34 am »

That's great!

ask a silly question, get a silly law. Thanks Uncle Sam.

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
  • AKA (1) poorkollegekid (2) Axon Hillock
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 01:17:27 pm »

Wonder if the person comes back from hunting with a Ferret because he was hunting for Ferrets? 

That's great!

ask a silly question, get a silly law. Thanks Uncle Sam.
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson

RickyRodriguez

• Peace and Sugar
    • Republic of Miami
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 03:34:01 pm »

lol that's funny. just use a dog.

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
  • AKA (1) poorkollegekid (2) Axon Hillock
    • Facebook
« Reply #9 on: September 01, 2009, 02:18:36 pm »

lol that's funny. just use a dog.

Why is your picture SOOOOOOOOOO BIIIIIIIIIIG  ????
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson
Pages: [1]   Go Up