Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Anyone from the following towns: Dover, Deerfield or Grafton.  (Read 5579 times)

TEBON

Re: Anyone from the following towns: Dover, Deerfield or Grafton.
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2009, 09:57:45 pm »

Dover is less liberty friendly than other New Hampshire towns, but it's still pretty good, and there are several porcs there at work on changing the climate there.  Dover has a lot of businesses, many beautiful young people, and is close to UNH-Durham.

Dover has a spending cap (unlike, say, Seabrook).

I seriously have no idea where you get your "information."

GOSH stop bringing up that place!!!!    ;)

TEBON

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2009, 10:02:28 pm »

Just my humble opinion and only my opinion.  There's just something about Dover I never really liked.  It could be the cops, they busted my friend's smoke shop a bunch of times.  But overall, I just don't really care for much of the city.  I don't like the layout.  I don't have really good reasons for not liking it, I just know that when I go there life ends up sucking a little more than usual.

I'd say move to Grafton.  There are fun freestaters there and the place is absolutely gorgeous.  My dream is to be there at some point someday.  I'm looking to move over the line into Danville in the next few weeks as a stopping point.   I don't suggest there either.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2009, 12:42:35 am »

I'm going to say that Grafton is one of the freest towns anywhere.  I don't know if their taxes are lower than Seabrook or not, but I could imagine that.  Folks from that area have said a lot of good things about the town, and there's a Reasons to Move to Grafton thread (like Seabrook, Portsmouth, Manchester, etc)

My preference, of course, is for small towns with low taxes that are a short drive from beaches and cities.  Obviously, that leads me to Seabrook, which should be on anyone's check out list... but Portsmouth should be, too.  If you can't afford the rent in Portsmouth, there are quite a few towns in the area (like Seabrook and Hampton) that offer less expensive housing options.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 02:15:47 pm by maxxoccupancy »
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

TEBON

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2009, 05:00:08 am »

this place is available:

lloydbob1

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2009, 05:26:32 am »

It can't be in Grafton!  No Tyvek!

pittsfieldmom

« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2009, 06:32:25 pm »

>>It can't be in Grafton!  No Tyvek!<<

Ha! very funny.  So I'm guessing Grafton is part of the frozen tundra portion of the state?
I am moving up from NC sooo.......just checking.

Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Next 1000
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2009, 09:23:59 pm »

Frozen tundra?  No, just the normal NH winter.

lloydbob1

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2009, 09:34:08 pm »

Grafton is only about 2/5ths up from the bottom of the state and about 3/5ths south of the Tundra!

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2009, 01:26:37 am »

Don't listen to Lloyd and Jerry they are up past normal hours and secretly posting here
from their rooms at

"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

lloydbob1

« Reply #24 on: August 27, 2009, 06:00:16 am »

What'd ya say ya young Punk? Eh? Eh?

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #25 on: August 27, 2009, 08:44:40 am »

Ha! very funny.  So I'm guessing Grafton is part of the frozen tundra portion of the state?
I am moving up from NC sooo.......just checking.
compared to NC .... summer and winter will feel cool in every part of the state
by the way ... it will only be 70 today ... cooler than normal, but enjoy just thinking about not needing air conditioning in you home ... just open a window
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2009, 09:05:26 am »

48 degrees here this morning. Don'tcha love NH!

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 10:10:20 am »

I'm planning a trip to NH this fall.  A few towns that interest me from afar are Dover, Deerfield and Grafton.  If anyone is from there, I would appreciate some first-hand information.  Anything, no matter how trivial it may seem, is welcomed.  Thanks in advance.

I used to live in Maine right across the river from Dover.  It's the "big town" in the area, and does has a bit of a slummy seedy underside.  It's police force is a bit oppressive but not nearly as bad as Rollisford one town over.  I hated to drive the half a mile I had to through Rollisford to get to Dover from Maine because I was always afraid some cop would try to get me on some obscure law I didn't know was there.  On the good side Dover has a nice downtown area and has bus lines connecting it with Maine, Portsmouth, and UNH.
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

TEBON

« Reply #28 on: August 30, 2009, 06:23:05 am »

haven't dealt with those cops yet, thanks for the heads up!
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up