Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Hello  (Read 6807 times)

amartin7889

Hello
« on: August 18, 2009, 12:21:08 pm »

My name is Adam. I'm a 20 year old college student at UNT. I was born in Nashua, NH, but I live in Fort Worth, TX. I am heavily interested in Libertarian philosophy, but I don't know too much about this project. Is it worth it?

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2009, 04:21:55 pm »

One of the best decisions in my life.  I'm literally surrounded by liberty-oriented activists.  Just saw about 5 on a quick walk downtown.

Consider Keene:
http://move.freekeene.com

Check out the blog at http://freekeene.com to sample what's happening. 
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

margomaps

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2009, 04:34:01 pm »

I am heavily interested in Libertarian philosophy, but I don't know too much about this project. Is it worth it?

Yep.   ;)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2009, 07:51:54 am »

I would have to say it is one of the few 'libertarian' projects actually DOING something.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2009, 06:04:54 pm »

There's an active libertarian group in Nashua. Come home!

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2009, 09:45:02 pm »

It was the best decision of my life, period. My old life wasn't bad but I feel like I've come alive ever since I moved up here.

Lance

• Voluntaryist
    • website
« Reply #6 on: September 10, 2009, 07:36:32 pm »

Do it.  8) 

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: September 10, 2009, 10:13:18 pm »

Totally worth it!  8)
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2009, 05:42:44 pm »

Now that you've swallowed the blue pill, NH will look totally different to you.  Live Free or Die is not just a catchy phrase on the license plate, it's a motto for living. 

Start working on that transfer from UNT to UNH.  Bring your cowboy hat and boots with you.  We even have a place here with Texas-style chili (restaurant run by Freestaters), so you won't miss a thing.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

pecanart

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 06:07:12 am »

Red pill

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
  • AKA (1) poorkollegekid (2) Axon Hillock
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 12:57:59 pm »

I was stationed in Ft Worth in the military for 2.5 years. Loved it there. Texas has a lot of great things going for it, but it seemed equally oppressive in many other ways. Most notably the police state and level of crime. NH is going to be my new home, come to Porcfest and meet the scenery called people and soak up the views called Lancaster and you won't need convincing.
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
  • AKA (1) poorkollegekid (2) Axon Hillock
    • Facebook
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 01:09:43 pm »

Afterthought.  There is a moment when you realize that NH and the FSP is the right decision. For me it was when I read the statement of intent, browsed the site and talked to people online and realized that I was basically talking to like minded individuals that I didn't know existed. People that were motivated participants for change and I signed up. Some people it is after questions and researching the state and other factors. Some people fall on hard times and just move because they lost everything and had no reason not to. Some people Porcfest is the deciding factor or re-affirming factor. The simple fact that you are searching for something different and more satisfying is proof positive that what you have is not what you need. Sometimes, you just need to take a chance and no wonder what if.  Come to Porcfest and the beer is on me. 
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson

pecanart

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2012, 12:26:07 am »

I am getting out of the military this month and Moving back to MA to be with my familt for a while. I will be attending the Porcfest on June 23rd and hope to be amazed by the awesome people up there. I think it will make my decision to move there much easier.

TheMagicBullet

« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2012, 05:46:03 pm »

Hi Adam, as someone else said, don't let us cheerleaders convince you. Come back up home, go to some events, and see for yourself. Particularly Porcfest, June 18-24th.
Pages: [1]   Go Up