Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Thank you Grafton Welcome Wagon  (Read 3616 times)

Floridian

• Friend of FSP
Thank you Grafton Welcome Wagon
« on: August 06, 2009, 07:09:26 pm »

Thanks to the Grafton Welcome Wagon and other Free Staters, we were able to visit with several Porcupines in July, even though we weren't able to attend the Porcupine Freedom Festival. As a result, we are getting closer to The Move.

Our family is probably similar to other newcomers to the FSP.  After first learning about the FSP, I was gung-ho about the idea, but my wife, Liz, was at first oblivious, then somewhat skeptical.  She is skeptical by nature.  The obvious course of action was a vacation in New Hampshire...

I posted on the forum for some vacation ideas and immediately received gracious invitations to visit and stay with Free Staters. http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=18142.0  I told my Liz about the plan and she she was all into it, "as long as she didn't have to sign anything." 

On Sunday July 12 we drove north to our destination, 1,500 miles from home, the Grafton Welcome Wagon party.  It was a beautiful sunny afternoon.  Several Free Staters came to welcome us to Hampshire, including another Floridian from Tampa.  Since most of my family was not quite clear on what the FSP was all about, I had already told them to "Ask lots of questions."  Liz grilled Russell about the FSP and his views while my children went fishing and explored Hoyt Farm.  More people arrived, food appeared and eventually the guitars came out.  It was a fun family day with lots of fresh air, good company, ultimate frisbee, fishing, music and cheer. 

Russel and Kat were the most gracious hosts and it was humbling to have so many other Porcupines come to the party even though they didn't know us at all.  We all felt very welcome and appreciated the fine company of the Free Staters. 

As we drove off from the Grafton Wecome Wagon, Liz said "You didn't tell me they were anarchists!"  I said, "I know, but weren't they terrific?"   She agreed.

A few weeks later, after returning to "real life" in Florida, I said to Liz, "New Hampshire is a lot further away than I thought and it will be hard to make a move.  I'm not so sure we can do it."  She said, "Maybe we can, let's take another vacation up there and see how it works out."

That's my report and I hope to see y'all up at Porc Fest next summer.

All best,
Floridian
Tu ne cede malis.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
Re: Thank you Grafton Welcome Wagon
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2009, 09:50:22 pm »

Meeting the people usually cements in people's minds that moving is a good idea.  I know it did for me.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2009, 12:54:50 am »

Glad you had a good time.

Then Grafton folk are great.

Start planning for Porc Fest NOW you have to experience it to believe it.

I will have Beer there with your name on it. ;D
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 07:26:55 am »

you know that story is repeated again and again.

usually the male.. finds it and is gung ho.
The couple visits.
The male says 'hey this will be tough'  and the females says... what are we waiting for.

:)
Can't wait to welcome you HOME.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2009, 06:43:20 am »

for some people this is an impossible adventure .... for others it is good times in the Shire
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2009, 04:22:55 pm »

Moved from FL (native, 26 years) to NH in '06.  Haven't been or looked back.   >:D
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up