Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: Forget Oath Keepers (See last post in thread)  (Read 21854 times)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
Re: NH Oath Keepers [Update: Sheriff Position Worth Campaigning for]
« Reply #30 on: July 20, 2011, 08:45:02 am »

Where do you find that?
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Uncle Walt

« Reply #31 on: July 20, 2011, 11:25:30 am »

It really is Sheriff.  He's the only person who can go in and arrest a police chief.

That would be surprising.  I mean, it would allow a police chief to commit all the crime s/he wanted ... if the Sheriff wasn't interested in arresting the chief.  What if they're both involved?  Neither could be arrested?

If NH is that ... "backward", for lack of a better word ... I wouldn't be interested in moving there.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #32 on: July 21, 2011, 11:57:57 am »

Its not.
Sheriffs can also be removed.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #33 on: July 21, 2011, 12:40:34 pm »

Where do you find that?
Part Second Article 41.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #34 on: July 23, 2011, 10:34:00 pm »

* Although Wikipedia says sheriffs are the highest ranking law enforcement officers in the state, I suppose it was meant to say in each county.
* I believe local government is supposed to be independent from state and federal government, which latter are also independent from each other. Therefore, a sheriff does not take orders from the state or the fed.

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #35 on: July 25, 2011, 08:53:46 am »

In NH, local government only exists because of the State.

sandm000

• Brian
« Reply #36 on: July 25, 2011, 11:15:00 am »

I'm interested in running for Hillsborough (NH) county. How do I file?
A government is not legitimate merely because it exists. 
-Jeane J. Kirkpatrick

The government's War on Poverty has transformed poverty from a short-term misfortune into a career choice.-Harry Browne

We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work.-Milton Friedman

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #37 on: July 25, 2011, 12:40:55 pm »

Check with your county delegation.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #38 on: August 08, 2011, 06:15:09 pm »

John said: In NH, local government only exists because of the State.
* I believe the state is supposed to mean the people, or at least it used to.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #39 on: August 08, 2011, 06:28:23 pm »

Quartzsite Police Chief Calls Oath Keepers and Tea Party "Terrorists" and Reports them to the FBI
Oath Keepers Response: "We're your huckleberries, Chief!"

According to two confirmed eye witnesses, Quartzite Chief of Police Jeff Gilbert referred to the Oath Keepers, the Greater Phoenix Tea Party, and the Sons of Liberty Riders as  "terrorists" during a public "coffee with the Chief" meeting on August 3, 2011.  Reportedly, Chief Gilbert made the reference while discussing the upcoming August 27, 2011 rally that will be carried out by Oath Keepers, the Greater Phoenix Tea Party, and the Sons of Liberty Riders, telling the audience ""I take these terrorist threats very seriously and I have reported them to the FBI and anyone else who will listen."

This was first reported by the Greater Phoenix Tea Party at http://phoenixteaparty.ning.com/profiles/blogs/greater-phoenix-tea-party-have

A public information request has been filed to secure the video and audio of the meeting.   The Quartzite Chief of police is apparently following the playbook of the Southern Poverty Law Center, DHS, and of political elites, such as Joe Biden who recently compared the Tea Party to "terrorists."

In response to the alleged statements of Chief Gilbert, Stewart Rhodes, Founder of Oath Keepers, said:
    "If Chief Gilbert wants to label us "terrorists" simply for keeping our oaths to defend the Constitution, by using our natural right of free speech in support of good police officers who refused unlawful orders, and if he is going to label us "terrorists" for simply exercising our First Amendment protected right to peaceably assemble and petition government for a redress of grievances, - all rights that GOOD MEN fought and died to preserve -  well then, all I have to say is "we're your huckleberries" Chief.  See you in Quartzsite folks!  Our forefathers are watching. - Stewart Rhodes, Founder of Oath Keepers."

The Oath Keepers are conducting a massive "Quartzsite Liberty Festival" on August 27, 2011 in support of the "Quartzsite Ten" - the oath keeping police officers who blew the whistle on Chief Gilbert for what they describe as gross violations of the rights of the people, including repeated false arrest and harassment of political opponents and abuse of the NCIC background check system to dig up dirt on political opponents and local activists.  Also participating in the rally will be the Greater Phoenix Tea Party, Sons of Liberty Riders, Sons of Liberty, the Campaign for Liberty, and Arizona Ron Paul Meetup Groups, among others.   

See http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2011/08/03/oath-keepers-to-muster-quartzsite-arizona-august-27-2011

Oath Keepers

To Comment on this article: CLICK HERE>: http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2011/08/05/quartzsite-police-chief-calls-oath-keepers-and-tea-party-%E2%80%9Cterrorists%E2%80%9D-and-reports-them-to-the-fbi

John Edward Mercier

• Native
« Reply #40 on: August 08, 2011, 10:39:04 pm »

John said: In NH, local government only exists because of the State.
* I believe the state is supposed to mean the people, or at least it used to.
The People made the State sovereign. The local governments are either party to such (county delegation) or corporations of (municipal). Hence why we have unincorporated areas in NH.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #41 on: August 13, 2011, 07:54:12 am »

URGENT August 27 Quartzsite Rally Update!

Important message from Stewart Rhodes.

Oathkeepers, this rally in Quartzsite, AZ on August 27 is now more than just a march in support of ten oath keeping officers and a stand-up Marine veteran Mayor.

This is going to be a liberty celebration BASH.  (See detailes itinerary below).

After the march in honor of the Quartzsite ten, we will have a big barbeque and then live music on into the night by some excellent local bands and also a live concert by freedom fighter musician JORDAN PAGE.

Jordan is a nationally known superstar in the freedom movement, and a big supporter of Oath Keepers (he often wears an Oath Keepers Tee shirt when he performs). He's the Thomas Paine of music.  He loves Oath Keepers and is honored to join us for this historic event.

We do need to help cover his costs, so we have created a chip in where folks can donate to help get Jordan Page to our event in Quartzsite, Arizona on August 27. Please donate and spread it around to others.

Click Here to Chip in and help get Jordan to Quartzsite
http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2011/08/12/oath-keepers-to-muster-quartzsite-arizona-august-27-2011/

We will also be joined by Arizona radio show dynamo and freedom fighter Ernest Hancock, of Freedom's Phoenix, who will do a live broadcast of the event. He will also post the Jordan Page chip-in on his site and help raise funds and promote the event.

This event will be an historic stand for honor, courage, and oath keeping, and will serve as an example of what MUST happen across American to restore our Republic.

We must support Oath Keeping public servants like these 10 police officers and like Mayor Foster. We all need to sweep our own "porch" clean, sweeping out corruption and good ol boy networks, big government, petty tyrants and oath breakers in every community and we need to replace them with Constitutionalists who will keep their Oath. Let it start here. Let it start now, right in Quartzsite.  Let's set the example and show em how it's done!

And let's also hold a  celebration of our liberty and our commitment to take up the torch of liberty handed down to us from our fathers, and reaffirm our commitment to preserve it for our children. FEAR NOT, and let the beast know you fear not, by joining us with a smile on your face.

Remember, all that matters is that our children are free.  I think this song by Jordan Page says it all. -- Stewart Rhodes:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgdMPXcsi-I

--- --- ---

Press Release:

Oath Keepers will muster, along with the Sons of Liberty Riders, the Sons of Liberty, the Greater Phoenix Tea Party Patriots, the Campaign For Liberty, and numerous other patriot/Constitutionalist groups, in support of the Quartzsite Ten - the ten officers of the Quartzsite, Arizona, Police Department who have blown the whistle and leveled allegations of corruption against the Chief of Police of Quartzsite in written documents.  See http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2011/07/12/quartzsite-police-officers-association-letter-regarding-police-chief-jeff-gilbert/.

The Quartzsite Liberty Festival will also support the concerned citizenry of Quartzsite, local activists such as grass-roots journalist Jennifer 'Jade' Jones, and the town Mayor, the Honorable Ed Foster (a Marine veteran), who have stood up for the free speech rights of the citizens. This non-partisan Festival will include a banner and flag march, and we are expecting thousands of marchers. The "Quartzsite Liberty Festival" is slated for August 26, 27, 2011, in Quartzsite, Arizona.

Friday, August 26, 2011:
Folks who plan on staying at Vito's RV park are welcome to start arriving there any time after noon on the 26th.  To reserve a camping spot, call Vito at (928) 916-0556

Informal meet and greet at 7pm at Vitos, on the 26th.

Saturday, August 27, 2011:

Muster 8:30 a.m. at Vito's RV Park (see below)

March starts at 10:00 a.m. Be early to line up please.

10am: March to town hall.
At Town Hall: Twenty-minute ceremony to honor the Quartzsite Ten, Jennifer Jade Jones, and Mayor Ed Foster

11:00 am: March back to Vito's RV Park.

1:00 - 4:00 pm:  Speeches at Vito's, w/Live broadcast from Ernest Hancock

4:00 pm:  Barbeque and cook out dinner (Bring food, pot-luck style.  Something to throw on the grill, chips, side dishes, bread, sodas and other drinks, etc.)

After dinner, bands will play (including Jordan Page) into the evening, and we will have fun  'til?

Contacts:
Arizona Oath Keepers - Contact Mike Frye: mrteapartyfrye@gmail.com phone -- 623-521-3612

Oath Keepers Board of Directors - Contact Elias Alias
eliasalias@gmail.com phone -- 406-285-6597
Press/Media contact Elias Alias -- 406-285-6597

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #42 on: August 13, 2011, 06:31:13 pm »

FBI Wants Surplus Stores To Spy on Customers

FBI Handout Lists Purchase of Preparedness Items as "Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities"

Oath Keepers Exclusive:  An FBI Denver Joint Terrorism Task Force handout being distributed to Colorado surplus store owners lists the purchase of popular preparedness items and firearms accessories as "suspicious" and "potential indicators of terrorist activities," instructing store owners to keep records on and report people who:
    "Make bulk purchase of items to include:
    Weatherproofed ammunition or match containers
    Meals Ready to Eat
    Night Vision Devices; night flashlights; gas masks
    High capacity magazines
    Bi-pods or tri-pods for rifles"

The FBI flyer, entitled "Communities Against Terrorism: Potential Indicators of Terrorist Activities Related to Military Surplus Stores" also instructs surplus store owners to:
    "Require valid ID from all new customers.
    Keep records or purchases.
    Talk to customers, ask questions, and listen to and observe their responses.
    Watch for people and actions that are out of place.
    Make note of suspicious statements, people, and /or vehicles.
    If something seems wrong, notify law enforcement authorities."

The flyer also instructs surplus store owners to consider as "suspicious" anyone who "demands identity 'privacy'" or anyone who expresses "extreme religious statements" and those who "make suspicious comments regarding anti-US, [or] radical theology."

The "Communities Against Terrorism" flyer closes by stating:
    Preventing terrorism is a community effort. By learning what to look for, you can make a positive contribution in the fight against terrorism. The partnership between the community and law enforcement is essential to the success of anti -terrorism efforts.

Some of the activities, taken individually, could be innocent and must be examined by law enforcement professionals in a larger context to  determine whether there is a basis to investigate. The activities outlined on this handout are by no means all-inclusive but have been compiled from a review of terrorist events over several years.

The "handout" encourages store owners to provide information by calling the Denver Joint Terrorism Task Force or the Colorado Information Analysis Center. This handout is very nearly identical to one issued by the FBI to gun stores: http://oathkeepers.org/oath/wp-content/uploads/FBInotice00.pdf.

But this new handout expands the absurdity by now also targeting customers of military surplus stores, and by specifically targeting the purchasing of very common, and very popular, preparedness items as "potential indicators of terrorist activities"

Read entire report and view the PDF's: Click Here  http://oathkeepers.org/oath/2011/08/10/7769/.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #43 on: August 20, 2011, 03:06:15 pm »

Local vs Feds
OK says: This stirring message came in from Oath Keepers Board member Terry Flink, and we felt it should be shared with readers here at our national site.
Sheriff Mark Gower, Iron County, Utah
Western States Sheriffs Association

I posted the following thread on the forum http://www.oathkeepers.net/forum/showthread.php?p=59728#post59728

First, let me give a little background.  Sheriff Gower is a humble man who has quietly protected the rights of the citizens of Iron County since 2003.  I first met Sheriff Mark Gower at the Oath Keepers conference in Las Vegas in 2009.  He spoke about the challenges he was experiencing as a County Sheriff in southern Utah with the overreach of the federal government into his jurisdiction.  Specifically the issue was a battle over an endangered prairie dog and private property rights.  He came to the conference to share his experiences and he found a group of very supportive and encouraging citizens that would stand with him.

The second time I met Sheriff Gower was at the Freedom Conference in Cedar City in 2010 where he was one of the speakers and used the opportunity to hold a town hall-style meeting.  Again, he was soft spoken, but spoke as a staunch advocate of the Constitutional rights of the people and was obviously respected by the people of Iron County.  At the end of the conference, several of us Oath Keepers thanked him for his continued support of the Constitution and voiced our continued support for him as the model of what a County Sheriff should be.

Since that last meeting I thought it was important to once again reach out to Sheriff Gower and let him know we still stand behind him and appreciate his commitment to "honor his oath".  John Mackey and I planned a trip to southern Utah with the specific goal in mind to meet with the Sheriff.  Not knowing how much time he would have for us, I would have been happy with just 5 minutes to thank him and tell him he still has many fans and supporters within the ranks of Oath Keepers.  I tried to reach him by email several weeks prior to let him know we were coming through Cedar City but did not hear back.  Since John and I had several reasons to go to southern Utah, we left early yesterday morning still hoping to have an opportunity to meet with him.

On the way up I called the Sheriff and told him we were coming through and hoped to stop by.  He said he would be available in the afternoon and to come see him at the Sheriff's Office.  When we arrived he welcomed us into his office and spent 45 minutes talking about what was going on in his county, the challenges he and his department continue to face and sharing our concerns about some of the recent developments within the Law Enforcement community (i.e. Tucson and Quarzsite).

We had a great dialogue and were encouraged to hear that the City Council of Cedar City was starting to stand with him against the encroachment of the federal government, vis-a-vis the prairie dog, and they were making good progress in securing the property rights of the people.  Sheriff Gower also expressed strong support for the "Quarzsite 10" and wanted to join us on August 27 but can not since that is right in the middle of the Iron County Fair.  We left the meeting feeling very encouraged and Sheriff Gower expressed his sincere thanks that we took time to reach out to him.  We told him we would be back and he was looking forward to it.

Sheriff Gower is an oath keeper in both word and deed and should have the support of all Oath Keepers.  I would encourage everyone to reach out to this "squared away Sheriff" (Stewart Rhodes' words) and drop him an email thanking him for honoring his oath.  If you find yourself in southern Utah, stop in at the Sheriff's office and thank him and his deputies for the great work they are doing.  If you have a chance, check out the Iron County Fair and you will see what a sense of "community" means.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #44 on: November 03, 2011, 05:14:43 pm »

Wisconsin ? Candidate for Sheriff
In Support of Food Freedom
By Steven Armbruster| October 12, 2011

American citizens retain Ninth Amendment “civil-right” protection to consume the foods of their choice. This right includes, but is not limited to, using plants and foods as their own medicines.

The Ninth Amendment protects their right to produce and consume dairy products, including milk from cows, “raw milk and cheese” and also milk from goats.

The rights of the American people are protected by the United States Constitution while they possess and consume herbs, use healing therapies as well as holistic and traditional therapies, that they themselves (the American people) consider to be beneficial to maintaining a healthy lifestyle.

These rights are “unalienable” meaning that they can never be taken away from the people by the government. The Constitution is a document that simply states that our rights already exist, these rights  ”have” existed long before the establishment of our current government.

Our rights do not come from the hand of our government, they come from our higher power, whereas the number one function of the government is to protect and uphold our self-evident “unalienable” civil-rights.

When the government attempts to establish itself as the higher power, the American people must peacefully place ”their” government back into it’s proper role. The government must at all times operate in respect to “natural rights”, meaning that the government and it’s officials are not the “provider” of our liberties.

It is the job and “individual duty” of every law enforcement official who has taken an “oath” to protect and defend the constitution, to refuse to enforce unlawful orders. This is especially true for the “county sheriff” who is elected specifically for the purpose of protecting the rights of the citizenry.

As sheriff, I will stand with the American people when their Ninth Amendment right to consume the foods of their choice is unlawfully threatened.

I call on all “constitutional sheriff’s” and “constitutional sheriff” candidates across the nation to join with me in what is possibly the time of America’s greatest need.

Let it be said, that if governmental officials come to the homes of our citizens, their farms or their places of business, specifically to violate their “unalienable” civil-rights, that those officials will not be us.

American citizens who refuse to comply with governmental orders to cease eating or producing the foods of their choice are not rebels or lawbreakers; the lawbreakers and rebels are the governmental officials who unlawfully take from them their constitutionally protected “civil-liberties”. As Americans, our liberty has always been our heritage.

Steven Armbruster
Oath Keeper, active duty law enforcement
Candidate for Carbon County Sheriff
Visit www.armbruster4sheriff.com
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up