Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: Question about the brouhaha over topless protest  (Read 8099 times)

MaineShark

• FSP Participant
Re: Question about the brouhaha over topless protest
« Reply #30 on: August 05, 2009, 12:28:54 pm »

So, on a "regular" beach, everyone has to have covered nipples, or somesuch?

Is there even a market for restrictive beaches like that?  I'm not aware of any, personally, anywhere in the world. I'm sure there are a few, but the number must be quite small, since nearly all countries/localities allow at least men to expose their nipples.  Some just discriminate against women, for some demented reason...
In NH, like most states, there are nude watering holes.  I'm not sure if any of them have beaches or not.  This is a common practice.

There are some that have beaches.

But Max was referring to "topless" versus "regular" beaches.  I don't know of any beaches where everyone is required to wear a top, though...

Joe
"An armed society is a polite society" - this does not mean that we are polite because we fear each other.

We are not civilized because we are armed; we are armed because we are civilized..

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2009, 05:55:16 pm »

Not all CD folks are attention grabbers.  There are also several different types of civil disobedience.  We've seen PETA protesters doing the naked thing, and most folks I talk to are just bewildered by what they're doing.  It's true that there are lots of people in the movement who are doing attention getting things without asking regular folks what their perception of those protests are.  That's just their style.

Every movement has folks like that.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

adirondeau

• Its a Freedom thing.
« Reply #32 on: August 09, 2009, 08:22:48 am »

It is legal for a woman to be topless anywhere a man can be topless in NY.
I was happy the day that went through.

;D
I'm all for topless protesting, but I can understand issues with it as well.

That true, but to this date I have never seen a woman topless in public!
If you do what you have always done, you'll get what you've always got...

A man's mind stretched to an new idea never goes back to its original dimension...

TEBON

« Reply #33 on: August 09, 2009, 11:55:32 am »

I'm for women topless living, not protesting.  They should be able to do what men do, and if people can't handle that perhaps they should go start a No Boobies/Hate Women project.

adirondeau

• Its a Freedom thing.
« Reply #34 on: August 09, 2009, 01:10:55 pm »

I'm for women topless living, not protesting.  They should be able to do what men do, and if people can't handle that perhaps they should go start a No Boobies/Hate Women project.

That is an interesting concept as if you hate woman there probably aren't any boobies around.... ;D
If you do what you have always done, you'll get what you've always got...

A man's mind stretched to an new idea never goes back to its original dimension...
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up