Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: An indecisive Chiropractic Student  (Read 2177 times)

KJBurked

An indecisive Chiropractic Student
« on: July 26, 2009, 10:39:48 am »

Hello Everyone,
What a great idea, I'm truely impressed!
My husband and I are trying to decide where to move to,  a very daunting task when I've never
done it before.  We are both from <gasp> Massachusetts, and needless to say we do not
want to live there any more.  But we have had our hearts set on living somewhere warm
and near the beach, but Freedom is also a very important component to our decision.
Right now it's hard for me to get passed that.  But we are so deeply passionate about
Our Country and our Freedom that we would consider NH.

So, I ask you:  Are there other Free State Movements in the Country?
If not, that's fine, we are still going to look into moving there.
And lastly, are the folks in NH open to alternative health care?
I'm in Chiropractic school currently, and too often worry about health care reform, do you
think there would be a place for Chiropractors in the Free State?

Thanks for reading my lengthy post, and I anxiously await your replies.

Kimberly

Shell

Re: An indecisive Chiropractic Student
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 11:03:39 am »

I feel that NH is more open to alternative health care than most.  We have several chiropractors along with a holistic ND in our small town and they are doing well.  We have a health food store that has been around forever. People seem to have a more conservative view of traditional medicine around here.  Hope this helps.

sonio

• FSP Participant
    • Sonio on Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2009, 11:08:55 am »

Welcome!

Chiropractors should be everywhere!  What kind of chiropractic do you practice?  My mother, father and mother's second husband all went to Palmer.  My mother and her second husband specialized in Atlas Orthogonality, which is what most of my knowledge (obviously) is in.

As far as other states, I think Wisconsin also has some free project going, but the data all pointed (the majority) to NH as the best state to start the movement in because of its local government system.  The point of the movement is to gather all the sticks together so to speak and make them a bunch, so branching off into other little groups defeats the purpose (and obviously if you look at the voting system, hasn't worked.)  That is the approach of the FSP.

As far as temperature I would refer you to this discussion:  http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=18455.msg220411#msg220411.
As far as beaches, there are plenty!  Mountains too.

Nice to meet you  ;D
It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. – Charles A. Beard

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2009, 11:14:46 am »

Hi Kimberly,

Welcome. This is a great movement. Many people are moving for liberty all over the country. When something becomes intolerable, you naturally look to better your position. We all want a better life for our children and grandchildren. The Free State Project chose New Hampshire over all other states. Obviously, some people can't make the move to New Hampshire and have chosen to move to other locations. I do not believe any other state can boast of anywhere near our numbers and successes. New Hampshire is getting a large number of movers who have worked on many fronts to improve their lives and others living here.

Think about what you want for your future and where your best hope for freedom lies. I think you will find the Free State Project and New Hampshire is the way to go. The Statement of Intent isn't a commitment to move immediately. It gives you time while also letting others know that our numbers are growing.

We moved 5 years ago and have never regretted it for a moment.

Cathleen

CurtHowland

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #902. If not for the deer, maybe #901!
    • Anarchy != Chaos
« Reply #4 on: July 26, 2009, 01:02:15 pm »

Hey, KJ, check this out:

http://www.activator.com/

"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Tech blog fun: http://anarchic-order.blogspot.com/

KJBurked

« Reply #5 on: July 26, 2009, 01:38:23 pm »

Thanks for your replies!
I've had a chance to do a bit more research and NH does make the most sense.
Especially when I compare it to the other places I was thinking about moving, the
Carolinas and Georgia.

I'm attending Palmer Chiropractic College in Florida, and have 2 1/2 years left.
Our plans are to have my husband move & start getting settled when I have 1 year
left of school, so it's really not that far away!
As far as Chiropractic techniques, I have not looked into many others yet, and
there are quite a few, but there's plenty of time for that  ;D

sonio

• FSP Participant
    • Sonio on Facebook
« Reply #6 on: July 26, 2009, 05:09:24 pm »

Congrats on your work, KJ!  As a life long patient (and a tester of methods when my parents were in school) I would advise you look into low-force techniques.  The activator method is great, I'm a fan of the hammer instrument.  I will never let anyone toggle on me.  I think it relieves pain by releasing endorphins, due the the trauma that occurs with such high force adjusting. 

(In case you are interested in opinions of patients, otherwise feel free to ignore  ;D)  When I look for a chiropractor I look first where he/she went to school, then the method he/she practices.  I stick to Upper Cervical chiropractors mostly because those are the most important vertebrae and because they generally tend to use low-force techniques.  Then I look into modalities used, because I think retraining the muscles into healthier holding patterns works more quickly with some modalities.

I love chiropractic.
It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. – Charles A. Beard

Jeff LaGrange

• FSP Participant
  • AKA (1) poorkollegekid (2) Axon Hillock
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: July 26, 2009, 06:40:13 pm »

KJ,
I'm a Chiro student too.  I have a year left @ NYCC (NY) if Uncle Sugar will leave me alone long enough to go back and finish.  Apparently, there is some kind of undeclared war on right now he absolutely needs me for.  Its good to be needed (not).  I can't imagine where else I'd want to be after being a dues paying Libertarian for 11 years and after vising the state and its towns.  Go to a Porcfest. Good luck.
"No nation however powerful, any more than an individual, can be unjust with impunity.  Sooner or later, public opinion, an instrument merely moral in the beginning, will find occasion physically to inflict its sentences on the unjust... The lesson is useful to the weak as well as the strong." --Thomas Jefferson to James Madison, 1804.

"It is the trade of lawyers to question everything, yield nothing, and talk by the hour." -  Thomas Jefferson

"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man."

Thomas Jefferson

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2009, 08:25:55 pm »

Welcome!
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.
Pages: [1]   Go Up