Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Want to make the jump  (Read 1596 times)

skunkrecords

Want to make the jump
« on: July 26, 2009, 02:57:03 pm »

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here, and I've recently learned about the FSP from youtube and a Digg article that was highly dugg. I'm 18 years old, libertarian, web developer, entrepreneur, and very excited about trying to make the move. I think the biggest hurdle most people face when trying to make the leap is the logistical aspect. Do free staters have a flexible housing program for new comers, or anything related? I have some money saved up, but I'm not sure how I could responsibly try and make the move without having a job lined up. Thanks for any input.

Regards,
Michael

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
Re: Want to make the jump
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2009, 03:24:28 pm »

Check out porcmanor.com - that's our flexible housing program that allows new movers to rent from freestater folks and live with other porcupines to help you get off the ground running. It would help to have a few month's worth of money to live off of to start and it won't be hard finding a job if you're a go-getter. Being in the state gives you a better chance at finding work as employers tend to toss out-of-state resumes like spam.

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2009, 12:11:10 am »

Welcome to the forum!  8)
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

skunkrecords

« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2009, 12:13:19 am »

Thanks, it seems like a cool forum. Also, thanks for the link, very insightful.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2009, 12:27:18 am »

Welcome!  Have you signed the statement of intent? 

Tell us about yourself.  Where are you from?  How did you find libertarian ideas?
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

freedomroad

« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2009, 12:39:13 am »

If Porcmanor doesn't work out for you, don't forget about all of the other places.  Local papers are great sources.  Roommates.com and craigs list are also good choices.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: July 27, 2009, 05:55:49 am »

Hello Everyone,

I'm new here, and I've recently learned about the FSP from youtube and a Digg article that was highly dugg. I'm 18 years old, libertarian, web developer, entrepreneur, and very excited about trying to make the move. I think the biggest hurdle most people face when trying to make the leap is the logistical aspect. Do free staters have a flexible housing program for new comers, or anything related? I have some money saved up, but I'm not sure how I could responsibly try and make the move without having a job lined up. Thanks for any input.

Regards,
Michael

Where are you moving from?
It is sometimes hard to find 'the perfect' job from long distance.  Some people 'just get a job' to pay the bills when they first move here and then look for a job when they are here in NH.  It certainly helps to have some $$ saved up.

Welcome!!

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #7 on: July 27, 2009, 09:46:08 am »

Porcmanor for whatever reason doesn't show any options in Keene.  If you're interested in the Keene area, see the housing section of the Free Keene forum:
http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?board=6.0

Welcome and hope to see you in NH soon.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything