Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: California to New Hampshire  (Read 7695 times)

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
Re: California to New Hampshire
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2009, 02:17:11 am »

When I've gone around the seacoast, there have been numerous help wanted signs, and many businesses who will hire almost anyone who doesn't have a criminal record.  Granted, lately more are looking for part timers, but there is work available out here.

Two part time jobs sounds as good as one full time job to me. Maybe better, unless they both need you at the same time. The last time I tried being in two places at once I tore a ligament.
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2009, 09:42:14 pm »

It's also better to take two part time jobs because you can network with more people.  Networking is critical to landing jobs elsewhere, and to getting a side business going.  Whether you plan to do roofing, plowing, residential wiring, surveying, real estate, or consulting, you'll need to network a lot when you arrive.  That's something that you should be doing from the start.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

ptb

• Voluntarist Freethinker
« Reply #32 on: August 11, 2009, 01:34:14 pm »

I wanted to throw this out there in case CA_Libertarian, rdata2009, or anyone else is interested.  For those of us still stuck in the Bay Area, we have a lunch (formerly breakfast) gathering of liberty activists, anarchists, libertarians, etc. where we get together and talk about our projects and strategies in San Jose.

http://fr33agents.ning.com/events/bay-area-voluntaryist-resource-1

The next one is this coming Sunday Augusts 16th.

We're planning on having the Motorhome Diaries guys with us for the Nov 1 lunch.

- Peter

CA_Libertarian

• FSP Member 2007
« Reply #33 on: August 14, 2009, 04:55:41 am »

I wanted to throw this out there in case CA_Libertarian, rdata2009, or anyone else is interested.  For those of us still stuck in the Bay Area, we have a lunch (formerly breakfast) gathering of liberty activists, anarchists, libertarians, etc. where we get together and talk about our projects and strategies in San Jose.

http://fr33agents.ning.com/events/bay-area-voluntaryist-resource-1

The next one is this coming Sunday Augusts 16th.

We're planning on having the Motorhome Diaries guys with us for the Nov 1 lunch.

- Peter

Haven't been on the forums in a few days, and now it's too short notice, as my weekend is booked. I'd like to try to make it next time, though. It would be great to meet some liberty-minded people!
www.pledgebank.com/Next1000

The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of his country; but he that stands it NOW deserves the love and thanks of man and woman.
~Thomas Paine (1737–1809)
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up