Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down

Author Topic: New Hampshire Is Too Cold - Manchester versus Fairfax, VA  (Read 14755 times)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
Re: New Hampshire Is Too Cold - Manchester versus Fairfax, VA
« Reply #30 on: August 21, 2009, 02:02:37 pm »

Or just move to the seacoast.  The winters are milder, the snowplows more aggressive.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

TEBON

« Reply #31 on: August 21, 2009, 02:38:51 pm »

more facts from Max.

Wootberries

« Reply #32 on: August 21, 2009, 02:43:34 pm »

Or just move to the seacoast.  The winters are milder, the snowplows more aggressive.

Define "milder."

Here in Georgia, I am frankly sick and tired of it reaching 70-80 degrees sometimes in the middle of December. I am tired of it rarely ever snowing, and when it does, the snow doesn't even stick most the time! I'm about ready to experience a real winter. (I hope I'm not becoming annoying by my raving about weather on this board.)

I do appreciate your input, though, Max. :) And trust me, I will be heading to the beach in the warmer months if I can help it. (It's been so long since I've been to the beach.)

(If your post wasn't directed towards me, then I apologize.)
« Last Edit: August 21, 2009, 02:45:21 pm by BowingClover »
-Ashley

"Give me liberty. I do not feel that you should have a second option here." -Asofterworld.com

"This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." -V

TEBON

« Reply #33 on: August 21, 2009, 03:42:46 pm »

it didn't even snow last year in Seabrook.  During the ice storm there was power to everyone in Seabrook.  While you guys were running around buying generators we were holding up our glasses.  Why might you ask?  Of course it doesn't snow in Seabrook but it does rain champagne from the heavens.  Have a taste, come to Seabrook!

Wootberries

« Reply #34 on: August 21, 2009, 04:12:36 pm »

...but it does rain champagne from the heavens.

I do love champagne... How dare you try to bait me with its deliciousness! :P
-Ashley

"Give me liberty. I do not feel that you should have a second option here." -Asofterworld.com

"This may be the most important moment of your life. Commit to it." -V

TEBON

« Reply #35 on: August 21, 2009, 04:19:33 pm »

=O)  it's only Andre don't get too excited. 

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #36 on: August 21, 2009, 04:22:00 pm »

Please tell me the rumors all over the internets are true and Seabrook's streets are paved with gold??
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

TEBON

« Reply #37 on: August 21, 2009, 04:25:41 pm »

snow drifts in the winter are what kill you at the beach.  Sure, some places are barren.  It might even look like the plow drivers pay extra special attention to the Seacoast areas.  Don't buy it. 

In one place there is no snow.  Drive 1/16 of a mile and find yourself in a drift of over 6 feet. 

Damn I can't find the picture my parents had of my grandfather's house on the Seabrook border (literally) at the beach.  The picture showed his open door and a snowdrift covering the entire thing.  Truth be told, the cars in the driveway not 5 feet away were uncovered.   

In reality, if you live in the seacoast (beach)and look out in your front yard to see a dusting. . .look in the backyard for the real high drifts.

K. Darien Freeheart

• FSP Participant
    • K. Darien Freeheart's Facebook
« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2009, 05:37:56 pm »

Please tell me the rumors all over the internets are true and Seabrook's streets are paved with gold??

Nope, just asphalt that the state paid it's weight in gold for.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2009, 06:01:25 pm »

Define "milder."

Here in Georgia, I am frankly sick and tired of it reaching 70-80 degrees sometimes in the middle of December. I am tired of it rarely ever snowing, and when it does, the snow doesn't even stick most the time! I'm about ready to experience a real winter. (I hope I'm not becoming annoying by my raving about weather on this board.)

I do appreciate your input, though, Max. :) And trust me, I will be heading to the beach in the warmer months if I can help it. (It's been so long since I've been to the beach.)

(If your post wasn't directed towards me, then I apologize.)

Average January lows are 5-10 degrees warmer in Seabrook than in Manchester, and Manchester is mild compared to central or northern New Hampshire.  The seacoast also suffers a bit less from the heat and humidity in summer, with a few inches less annual snowfall in the winter... usually 2-4 inches less per month than Manch.  It's also a bit breezier in the summer time.  All of this is what we call the "ocean effect," and most of the benefit is felt within about two to five miles of the ocean.

Seabrook's roads and shops are kept open year round, and usually stay open late even in snow storms.  This has helped to maintain one of the highest retail sales volumes anywhere in New England.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

TEBON

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2009, 02:49:30 am »

Seabrook is closer to the center of the Earth in a paradoxal dimension portal.  It's neat because here the weather is fine all year long.

Ocean Effect = Storms come around and around slamming you when other parts of the state might not even get a snowflake.  Of course, this part of NH is what myself and friends call "the crotch".  The "crotch" seems to be like that line formed by Route 495 where the weather on one side is temperate and the other side is the one that gets hit constantly.

If you're coming to Seabrook looking for less snow than other places you might get it.  Then again, you might get more than you thought.  If you're coming to Seabrook looking for Max's land of less snow and milk with honey. . . it's not here.  The roads are not plowed any extra than anywhere else in NH (sans upper country as I would have never driven there and have no idea the amount of plowing they do)

I bet Boston's retail sales volume exceeds Seabrook.  I'm pretty sure I can name about 100 places that have more.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2009, 12:47:10 pm »

the snowplows more aggressive.

Max, your posts would have more effect if you hadn't lost your credibility with statements like this.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 06:46:21 pm by sj »
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

TEBON

« Reply #42 on: August 24, 2009, 05:05:47 am »

Max has excellent credibility, ask anyone.

I just don't believe the snowplows in Seabrook do much more than anywhere else.  I also don't believe that "ocean effect" is a complimentary term.  I believe it is termed that because of the type of snow that falls, the amount, and the consistency. 

NH is not too cold.  Get over it people.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up