Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Attention Anarchists  (Read 17611 times)

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
Re: Attention Anarchists
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2009, 07:38:02 pm »

I'd suggest looking at folks from Strike-the-root.com.

K. Darien Freeheart

• FSP Participant
    • K. Darien Freeheart's Facebook
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2009, 10:25:25 pm »

The problem with the FSP?

As it has more and more success, all of the pro-liberty speakers become the audience you're planning the Forum for.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: July 07, 2009, 07:23:59 am »

Who do you want to see speak at the 2010 Liberty Forum?

Also no complaining about political speakers and minarchist speakers.
how about a comedian who complains about politicians?
people seemed to like the soapbox idol .... you could have anarchists get up on stage and rail against the politico types .... and if none of them are step up to the plate the other side can declare victory :)
we had that last year and we had the 'sound off session' 

saint.of.the.pyre

• Stateless Governance
« Reply #18 on: July 07, 2009, 01:48:09 pm »

how about someone from outside the liberty movement that could never the less provide some insight on topics were interested in?

i'd like to suggest Phillip Zimbardo.  i'm in the process of reading his book "The Lucifer Effect" about how good people turn evil.  He has a very compelling talk at TED:

http://www.ted.com/talks/philip_zimbardo_on_the_psychology_of_evil.html

i think that he has some important things to say and it relates to the liberty movement in the sense that we need to understand and promulgate to others the idea that Statism is an evil system that corrupts all who are involved with it.

I've never have been to a Liberty Forum but i hope that it is used as an outreach event to New Hampshire residents.  I think that someone like Zimbardo might interest our NH neighbors to come to hear him talk and maybe be introduced to what the liberty movement is about as a side benefit.
 *Link Removed*

CurtHowland

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #902. If not for the deer, maybe #901!
    • Anarchy != Chaos
« Reply #19 on: July 07, 2009, 05:25:24 pm »

Hmmm...  maybe L. Neil Smith?

Hell yes, except I disbelieve he'd come all that way.

I've been suggesting to Ian that he be interviewed for FTL, maybe some other folks who like El Neil's work can suggest it too? Smith said he would be happy to do it.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Tech blog fun: http://anarchic-order.blogspot.com/

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #20 on: July 07, 2009, 07:02:11 pm »

I'm with Joe and Curt, L. Neil Smith.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #21 on: July 07, 2009, 07:03:58 pm »

I've been suggesting to Ian that he be interviewed for FTL, maybe some other folks who like El Neil's work can suggest it too? Smith said he would be happy to do it.

I don't think he will travel... but he is on the list.

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #22 on: July 07, 2009, 08:54:55 pm »

I don't think he will travel... but he is on the list.

On his website he talks a lot about him traveling so I don't think that's an issue.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

CurtHowland

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #902. If not for the deer, maybe #901!
    • Anarchy != Chaos
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 01:08:14 pm »

On his website he talks a lot about him traveling so I don't think that's an issue.

That was before the TSA. At least being interviewed doesn't require physical travel.
"We must, indeed, all hang together or, most assuredly, we shall all hang separately."

Tech blog fun: http://anarchic-order.blogspot.com/

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2009, 04:21:35 pm »

That was before the TSA. At least being interviewed doesn't require physical travel.

A lot of it seems pretty recent to me.

kalmia

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2009, 04:26:04 am »

Daniel Lakemacher of warisimmoral.com and the Complete Liberty Podcast.

Try Will Grigg again.

Walter Block (a FSP supporter)

Tom Woods

Black Bloke

• The Ungovernables
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2009, 03:49:59 pm »

Some people from my list last year and the year before have made it up so I'll strike through the redundants:

Roderick Long
Charles Johnson
Sheldon Richman
Brad Spangler
Wally Conger
Wendy McElroy
Carl Watner
Chris Sciabarra
Stefan Molyneux
David Friedman
Patri Friedman
David Hart
G. A. Plauché
Kevin Carson
Angela Keaton
Mary Ruwart
Tom Knapp
Arthur Silber
Joe Stromberg
Ralph Raico
David Beito
Robert Higgs
David Theroux
Bruce Benson
Tom W. Bell

Just because the struck-through have been there before, doesn't mean I would mind seeing them again. On the contrary, I like all of them  8)

If need be, I can add more names to this list, rounding it to 25, 30, or more. If it's necessary I'll do the work of contacting them and recruiting them, but I'd need specifics on what can be offered (flights, rooms, meals, reimbursements, fees, etc.) and to whom.

Lacking guidelines as to what sort of speakers are most desired I have just made a "most-wanted" list. If criteria are given (e.g. popularity vs. perceived need vs. ability vs. content) then I will tailor this further.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2009, 05:38:49 pm »

If need be, I can add more names to this list, rounding it to 25, 30, or more. If it's necessary I'll do the work of contacting them and recruiting them, but I'd need specifics on what can be offered (flights, rooms, meals, reimbursements, fees, etc.) and to whom.

Lacking guidelines as to what sort of speakers are most desired I have just made a "most-wanted" list. If criteria are given (e.g. popularity vs. perceived need vs. ability vs. content) then I will tailor this further.
]
GRACIAS

Many of them on on my list.. but..... can you send me a PM with your email addres.  I want to talk to you offlist.

Black Bloke

• The Ungovernables
« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2009, 05:59:42 pm »

GRACIAS

Many of them on on my list.. but..... can you send me a PM with your email addres.  I want to talk to you offlist.

Oh, you've already got my e-mail address, phone number, and home address  ;)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2009, 06:00:17 pm »

yeah.. now that I know who you are!!!

lol
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up

anything