Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Welp...this is me  (Read 2592 times)

Atchoo

Welp...this is me
« on: June 16, 2009, 10:54:28 pm »

Most, if not all of you, may be wondering why I chose the handle I did.

I like it when I sneeze, plain and simple.  So much in fact, that people 4 and 5 rows away have their CALLERS say "Bless you" (or some variant thereof) because I was so loud... ;D

While I don't usually try to buck the rules as much as possible, I do tend to get in my fair share of trouble/arguments because sometimes--albeit sporadically--I like to see just how far I can go before I should concede the fight/argument...then I push just a little bit more. >:D  But seriously, this project sounds like something I can really get behind.

I live in Utah and have for my entire 32 years of life.  My only experience with any other parts of the US were driving from here to Georgia and back (not a fan of Nebraska, just fyi) to move a friend, so I've no idea what to expect in any states further North and East than where I've already traveled.

I'm what some people refer to as a M.I.R.C., which is usually some variant of Mormon In Recovery Counseling or some such.  Yes, I was born and raised in the "dominant" religion here (dominant here meaning nigh oppressive like some bloated corporate entity) and then realized that I really didn't know anything about anything in real life and would soon get trampled on if I didn't make my own decisions.  Nothing against Mormons in general.  My parents are Mormon to the Nth degree and have more or less accepted my lifestyle (i.e. tattoos/piercings/etc) with a grain of salt, and honestly, the Mormons that some people may have heard about that are 2 steps above Bible Thumpers™, while annoying, haven't really crossed my path...anyway, I ramble.

I've been a Tech/Call center monkey for about the last...wow...16 years...I can't believe it's been that long.  :o I'm going to go cry in my little corner now...j/k

Really don't know what else to say.  Love me or hate me, I'm here.
The choice is yours
Live Free or Die

time4liberty

Re: Welp...this is me
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2009, 01:05:11 am »

Welcome! :)

RichW

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2009, 10:53:59 am »

Welcome!
"... it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds...."  ~  Samuel Adams

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2009, 10:56:40 am »

Welcome Atchoo, are thinking about moving up here? If so, have you signed the statement of intent yet?

OrganizedChaos

• Deus ex Machina
    • Restricted Liberty, Defined Freedom
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2009, 01:24:41 pm »

Nice to see someone else from Utah around here, even if you are nuts (I kid I kid).

but seriously welcome aboard, maybe you will find your niche and be brave enough to step out of this state.

I myself have not lived in utah all my life but have been finding it hard to leave, Weird huh?

My Blog- Restricted Liberty, Defined Freedom

I am the FSP contact for Utah, please feel free to contact me or join the Yahoo Group.

Y! Group-UtahFSP

Atchoo

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2009, 05:35:36 pm »

@OrganizedChaos:  You know as well as I the 6 Month Magnet Rule™.  If you stay in Utah for at least that amount of time, on the night of your 6 month "anniversary", the Secret Order of Magnet Ninjazz™ (have to have 2 Z's in everything...it's a Utah thing ever since the Jazz...don't ask) sneak into your abode and implant a super-strong magnet into your posterior, thereby guaranteeing you won't ever be able to leave the state without coming back at some point in your life.

Those like me that were born here...well...we're screwed from birth.  LOL

@Rebel:  I wasn't aware of the statement of intent.  I may have to look at it and seriously consider getting out of this place.  Link?

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone!
The choice is yours
Live Free or Die

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2009, 05:47:14 pm »

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2009, 07:51:20 pm »

You cover your mouth right?  ;D

Welcome!  8)
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 07:28:54 am »

we have had a few people from Utah move here ... i grew up there and frequent the jazzfanz.com forum so I know about the extra z action

tell us what you like to do and why you might join us, so we can get to know you
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Atchoo

« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 01:39:43 pm »

@Keyser Soce:  Yes, I always cover my mouth and nose, though the action figures on my desk always seem to run and hide...or get blown over from the shockwave... ;D

@Russell Kanning:  Glad to hear that there are some reformed "Utards" that got out of here.  I suppose I'd be this cynical regardless of where I grew up--NYC aside--but I've been having more of an urge to spread my wings and just...keep driving, for lack of a better term.  I've even been told I would complain when being hung by a new rope, so take that as you will.

As far as my activities go, I like to read webcomics and regular comic books.  I have over 100 webcomics in my bookmarks, so yeah, my home time, when not playing WoW, is usually spent reading those babies.  Highly recommend Questionable Content and Ctrl+Alt+Del, for those that aren't familiar with them.  Google will be your friend. ;) 

I'm also a fan of Tolkien, Terry Goodkind--who wrote the Sword of Truth series--and HP Lovecraft.  I'd like to be able to expand my library, but honestly, I just don't have the room! LOL  Guess I'll have to start making use of my library card, or maybe see what I can find online in either e-book form or a website that has published works of (insert author here), which I've had some moderate success with.

Other than that, there's really not much to say other than I like to sing karaoke from time to time.  Singing "Music of the Night" from Phantom of the Opera is...well...interesting when you're in a Goth club, but the crowd likes it, so it's all good.
The choice is yours
Live Free or Die

OrganizedChaos

• Deus ex Machina
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 01:52:41 pm »

So what do you do for a living and all that? and what are you looking for in all this?

Why FSP? Why NH?

Inquiring minds want to know

I am the FSP contact for Utah, please feel free to contact me or join the Yahoo Group.

Y! Group-UtahFSP

Atchoo

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 02:25:46 pm »

@OrganizedChaos:  You know what I do. :P

For the rest of you, I work for a company called Inthinc (www.inthinc.com) that manufactures products for driver safety.  They track GPS/seatbelt/speed limit/etc for big companies like Halliburton and NASCAR, to name a few.  We also have a version coming out for teenagers, called the tiwi, which doesn't require a login, but will alert parents where their teens are driving and will alert them when the teen enters a particular 'Zone' or when they were speeding, etc., all by text/email/phone call, depending on the options the parent subscribes to.

I was referred to FSP by my best friend, who went on the road trip with me to Georgia as cited in my first post.  She had burned these .mp3's of a little known online radio show called Tiny Political Show by an individual known only as Citizen X (http://www.adventuresofcitizenx.com/ is his website/blog) to his listeners.  Granted, this was all during the height of the 8 Years of Nonsense™ as lorded over by Heir Bush, but the ideals that X would present really resonated within me like nothing I'd ever experienced before.

As to the "Why NH" question, I've seen a few pictures of the state and, honestly...IT'S NOT F!#@$ING UTAH!

[/rant]

Sorry...Utah isn't all bad.  There are some awesome natural wonders here and the underground movements that have sprung up because of the "Dominant Religion" is nothing short of a coup in some respects, which is just fine with me. ;)
The choice is yours
Live Free or Die

OrganizedChaos

• Deus ex Machina
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 03:00:55 pm »

Heh.. just trying to help the others get to know ya since you seem all closed lipped.

Oh god... I forgot all about the hours I spent downloading and converting the file shows so I could burn them to disk. That trip was both a nightmare and enlightening. Not because of the show but because it made Utah not seem so bad. Some of those southern states are scary.

You know I still have those CDs... I may have to bring them to work, make my coworkers sit through them *L*

Y! Group-UtahFSP

Atchoo

« Reply #13 on: June 20, 2009, 03:10:03 pm »

True dat.  Though I'll never forget how beautiful some of the states were--yes, even the hated Nebraska *eyeball twitch* in the early dawn was beautiful in and of itself...before the stank set in and ruined everything.

I swear, I wanted to stand on the hood of the trailer we were pulling as we crossed into Cozad, Nebraska and shake my fist with all of the tired/crazy fury I could muster and yell "YOU ARE WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!"

Just because.

Enlighten the minds of those in your workplace with those CDs!  At least then maybe they wouldn't pound their desk when talking to a particular hotel that stupidly transferred a guest to him or whatever. ;D
The choice is yours
Live Free or Die
Pages: [1]   Go Up