Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Like what I see but have a problem...  (Read 3066 times)

OpeterO

• I'm a llama!
Like what I see but have a problem...
« on: May 20, 2003, 08:22:13 pm »

I have gone through your FAQ's and also read much of your rational. I have been in most of the States you mention and could be comfortable in any of them. I own property in one of them. I lived for many years very near 2 of them.

I have been of like mind my whole life and have done pretty good at side stepping the state. I am a Canadian who has lived near a small village in Mexico for the last 8 years. I moved there when I could no longer put up with big brother in Canada looking over my shoulder.

I have built a good life for myself in Mexico. Big brother is not as advanced here. There is still some freedom.

I am unhappy because there is incomprehension about the importance of lifestyle choices here. There is more freedom because thing are done sloppier, not because people respect freedom more.

I like to explore my options and make conscious choices on what I do. Intereaction with others that like to explore is missing where I am.

I fully believe that in order for our society to survive we must start over again.

What is wrong in society today is that most individuals have no sense of individual responsibility. Responsibility is bread out of children by the state through education and other influences so that the individual can be controlled. This brainwashing continues everyday as we mature.

If you have no control you can have no responsibility. Do onto others before they do onto you becomes acceptable and desired.

A new generation needs to be raised from birth to value freedom and accept responsibility to truly see the power of choice.

Anyway my problem is I am now on the screens of the border guards.

My record is 100% clean, I have all documentation required to live legally in Canada or Mexico. I have been refused entry into the USA once and had my entry controlled twice.  It is unlikely I could reside in the USA for any period of time.

I would sign up today if that problem did not stand in the way.

I would sign up today with the understanding that my obligation would be void if this problem could not be resolved.

It does my heart good to see your grand adventure, I wish you all the best whether I participate or not.

OpeterO

« Last Edit: May 20, 2003, 09:37:09 pm by OpeterO »

vermass

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Member Desert Storm veteran
Re:Like what I see but have a problem...
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2003, 08:30:16 am »

And you're a Canadian.
    Excellent post.
    Well Jason,  this is the kid of thing I asked about in another post. How do we get this guy (girl?) into the FSP?
"Give me liberty or give me death!"

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2003, 10:33:17 am »

Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about the INS right now or even within a few years. I certainly wish 0peter0 could join us, though!
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

OpeterO

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2003, 01:03:29 pm »

There are possibilities that I can explore.

I would do so if I was given the dispensation to not participate if I couldn't because of the INS.

Without being part of a group like yours I have no desire to be in the USA.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2003, 01:05:19 pm by OpeterO »

JasonPSorens

• Administrator
  • Neohantonum liberissimum erit.
    • My Homepage
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2003, 03:00:12 pm »

I don't see why such a dispensation couldn't be given; after all, the assumption for everyone is that if some unexpected emergency arises, some of us may not be able to move.  So I say yes, go ahead and sign up.
"Educate your children, educate yourselves, in the love for the freedom of others, for only in this way will your own freedom not be a gratuitous gift from fate. You will be aware of its worth and will have the courage to defend it." --Joaquim Nabuco (1883), Abolitionism

OpeterO

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2003, 03:09:35 pm »

Thanks Jason....

I have created a bit of a stir in my other post "CHAOS or ORDER?"

I am going to follow it for a few days then make a decision.

I agree 100% with your concept but wonder how many of your members really understand it.

If I am convinced the majority do I will contribute. If not I will continue on my own path.

I wish you luck...

« Last Edit: May 21, 2003, 03:11:06 pm by OpeterO »
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything