Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visiting NH after Porcfest  (Read 4093 times)

Floridian

• Friend of FSP
Visiting NH after Porcfest
« on: June 09, 2009, 12:18:26 pm »

Can you, FSP forum friends, provide local insight and advice on fun things to see and do in northern NH this summer?  Feel free to respond via PM.

I am planning a sightseeing trip to NH with my wife and 3 teenage children for a few days in mid July.  It will be a side trip on our summer vacation to upstate NY.  Our visit to NH is a step in the process of becoming full FSP participants.  Our focus will probably be camping in northern NH, day hikes, fishing, canoeing and hopefully solitude.  We will drive and be self-sufficient regarding camping gear and everything else. 

Unfortunately, Porcfest cannot be worked into our schedule this year.   

Thanks,
John
Tu ne cede malis.

Bazil

• not the spice and not the country
Re: Visiting NH after Porcfest
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2009, 11:15:12 pm »

Can you, FSP forum friends, provide local insight and advice on fun things to see and do in northern NH this summer?  Feel free to respond via PM.

I am planning a sightseeing trip to NH with my wife and 3 teenage children for a few days in mid July.  It will be a side trip on our summer vacation to upstate NY.  Our visit to NH is a step in the process of becoming full FSP participants.  Our focus will probably be camping in northern NH, day hikes, fishing, canoeing and hopefully solitude.  We will drive and be self-sufficient regarding camping gear and everything else. 

Unfortunately, Porcfest cannot be worked into our schedule this year.   

Thanks,
John

Maybe you should check out lake Winnipesaukee.  I lived there for a little while and it's a nice area, big vacation spot lots of stuff to do.
"If it ain't broke, fix it till it is!"- The government | "Politicians are like diapers, they need to be changed often, and for the same reasons!" -  a friend

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2009, 04:36:19 am »

for solitude ... you can camp off of the appilachain trail on the side of a mountain
up north I liked the area just north of Berlin and Milan, the river there is very nice ... but the connecticut lakes are nice too
stay north of the notches for solitude or on top of the mountains

if you want to visit some of us you can venture south to grafton ... the Grafton Welcome Wagon will be open after porcfest. You can camp here and have hot showers, play games with others and hike Mt. Cardigan or other nearby spots. You can fish and canoe in town here also ... we are usually the only ones on tewksberry pond, and grafton pond is even prettier.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

Time to break from the Empire
NHexit

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

wildboar

« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2009, 10:23:16 pm »

You are welcome to either stay in my guest house for a few nights or camp on the property. I live in Lisbon (near Littleton). This area is a hub of many White Mountain and North Country activities. PM me if interested.

Floridian

• Friend of FSP
« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2009, 06:19:52 am »

I am grateful to have found this group.  Thanks everyone for you help and generous hospitality. 

I am looking forward to visiting NH, but is frustrating to miss meeting you at Porc Fest by only a couple of weeks. 
Tu ne cede malis.

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2009, 09:42:18 pm »

I am looking forward to visiting NH, but is frustrating to miss meeting you at Porc Fest by only a couple of weeks. 

Perhaps you can make Burning Porcupine?

http://nhunderground.com/forum/index.php?topic=16278.msg273841#msg273841
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

Floridian

• Friend of FSP
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2009, 08:04:55 am »

July 12th.  New Hampshire here we come! 
Tu ne cede malis.
Pages: [1]   Go Up

anything