Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Need a tent to share with.  (Read 14232 times)

Mr. V

• Voluntaryist
Need a tent to share with.
« on: June 07, 2009, 05:35:38 pm »

I don't have a site or tent set up and I would really appriciate it if someone had some extra room on their site and let me tent with them or something.

Let me know asap thanks.
"Voluntaryists are advocates of non-political, non-violent strategies to achieve a free society. We reject electoral politics, in theory and in practice, as incompatible with libertarian principles. Governments must cloak their actions in an aura of moral legitimacy in order to sustain their power, and political methods invariably strengthen that legitimacy. Voluntaryists seek instead to delegitimize the State through education, and we advocate withdrawal of the cooperation and tacit consent on which State power ultimately depends." -Voluntaryist.com, Statement of purpose

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
Re: Need a tent to share with.
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2009, 05:51:30 pm »

Something will certainly turn up.  Don't let this stop you from coming.  You'll find somebody the first day in the Fun Tent who will let you bunk with him.

The campsites easily accommodate 2 or 3 tents, so if you have a tent, you're in good shape.  Some people with RVs may rent out bunks by the night.  Whatever you find, be sure to offer the host a few bucks to defray his cost.

See you in a couple weeks.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

Rebel

• FSP Participant
  • FSP Expat atm
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2009, 06:48:06 pm »

I don't have a site or tent set up and I would really appriciate it if someone had some extra room on their site and let me tent with them or something.

Let me know asap thanks.
I just talked to a guy in Manchester today that said he has an extra site available for situations just like this. Not sure if he posts here, but I'm sure the Porcupine Realtor knows him - Dan in Manch. Maybe he could put you in touch with him as I don't have his number.

Mr. V

• Voluntaryist
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2009, 04:19:03 pm »

Something will certainly turn up.  Don't let this stop you from coming.  You'll find somebody the first day in the Fun Tent who will let you bunk with him.

The campsites easily accommodate 2 or 3 tents, so if you have a tent, you're in good shape.  Some people with RVs may rent out bunks by the night.  Whatever you find, be sure to offer the host a few bucks to defray his cost.

See you in a couple weeks.

What's the fun tent?

And would you know this guy Dan from Manch? (I'm assuming this means Manchester)

Well I don't have a tent, and not only are they usually expensive, but I don't even know how to set one up.

But thanks for the advice, reply to this when you can.
"Voluntaryists are advocates of non-political, non-violent strategies to achieve a free society. We reject electoral politics, in theory and in practice, as incompatible with libertarian principles. Governments must cloak their actions in an aura of moral legitimacy in order to sustain their power, and political methods invariably strengthen that legitimacy. Voluntaryists seek instead to delegitimize the State through education, and we advocate withdrawal of the cooperation and tacit consent on which State power ultimately depends." -Voluntaryist.com, Statement of purpose

ny2nh

« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2009, 05:43:53 pm »

Buy a tent at Walmart for $20-30....and most children could put up the tents these days.

lloydbob1

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2009, 06:28:18 pm »

Droves of Freestaters wander the campground helping new arrivals put up tents that may never have been out of the bag before.
Tents all seem to be variations on a couple of themes, except Mincin's.

lloydbob1

« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2009, 06:39:41 pm »

The above image is of a pup tent.  I made one last year by stretching a rope between two tomato stakes that were reinforced by ropes going to tent stakes.
The T stakes were about 10 feet apart. I took a cheap plastic tarp about 8-10feet by twelve or sixteen and centered it on the rope along the 8-10 foot dimension.  I staked the outer edges forming a deep triangular tunnel.  If you want privacy get a small tarp to cover the end. I had a tarp on the ground too.  It is deep enough stay out of the rain.  Tent stakes are cheap at walmart.
If you buy the tarp at HD or lowes, you can take a couple of long hanks of the free cord they have where you leave with lumber and save buying rope.

Mr. V

• Voluntaryist
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2009, 09:52:29 pm »

Buy a tent at Walmart for $20-30....and most children could put up the tents these days.

I've heard they were pretty cheap, I need a site too and that's the big problem, $25 a day I think it was.

Lloyd: Thanks for the help and info. :)

awsmpete

« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2009, 02:06:34 pm »

I have a complete tent setup, with inflatable mattress, sheets, blankets, and am renting a room this year so I won't need any of it.  I'll bring all of it for whomever needs it.  Comes with lantern, stove, etc.

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2009, 08:50:23 pm »

I have a complete tent setup, with inflatable mattress, sheets, blankets, and am renting a room this year so I won't need any of it.  I'll bring all of it for whomever needs it.  Comes with lantern, stove, etc.

Party in Pete's room.  ;D
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

swefred

« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 12:41:59 am »

If no one ells have called dibs on the equipment I could really use it sins taking my own eqipment on the plane from Sweden would be to much work.

Pages: [1]   Go Up