Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Who would like to share a campsite?  (Read 18373 times)

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
Re: Who would like to share a campsite?
« Reply #15 on: June 02, 2010, 09:24:34 pm »

We'll have extra tent space on the AltExpo site - we've moved down the hill a bit now to a prime spot #2 (and #27 adjoining, which is a double site). We should have room for a tent village and we'd just appreciate a donation for your usage commensurate with your share of the costs. Just let Dan@AltExpo.org know you want to tent-crash there and he'll let you know the costs.

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
« Reply #16 on: June 10, 2010, 09:59:32 am »

I can take two more people on my rv site, provided that:
1. you split the cost of the site for the number of nights you are on it,
plus pay the extra $5/night to the campground
and
2. there is room for your tent on my site (anybody know how many tents will fit on an RV site)?

It is on the 8th RV row close to the end of the row so it will be quite a walk to anywhere in the campground (except the recycle center and the overflow parking are fairly close). I have the site for 4 nights, Wed - Sat nights. If you arrive before Wed or leave after Sunday you will have to make other arrangements for the other nights. I do ask that anyone who plans to stay there be quiet around the site as I may sleep some during the day.

If you are interested please send me a private message.

Those two spaces are still available. Two weeks until Porcfest, YAY!
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2010, 01:45:42 pm »

I can take two more people on my rv site, provided that:

1. you split the cost of the site for the number of nights you are on it,
plus pay the extra $5/night to the campground

Those two spaces are still available. Two weeks until Porcfest, YAY!

This is not, IMO, a good deal. The Mozingos, for example, are allowing people to campout on their site for just the $5 fee. You are asking folks to share your site, and pay more than you'll pay. Not a deal.
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

10stateswithnh

« Reply #18 on: June 10, 2010, 02:17:27 pm »

I guess you're right. The fact that I made my plans earlier shouldn't enter into it. It depends on how many people are looking for places to share, and how many people are offering for a lower amount than me. I am just learning about this glorious thing called free markets in actual practice.

I'm just trying to save as much money as I can - I don't know if I actually WANT to have two more people on my site. I don't even know how many tents fit on my site.

It is hard to compete with someone who is offering a free service (since the $5 goes to the campground).
 :)

Did someone take their offer already?
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

ny2nh

« Reply #19 on: June 10, 2010, 04:39:05 pm »

10statewithnh - I think what you are offering IS fair.....you have space to offer...you planned ahead....you can charge whatever you want to get for the space on your site.

People have options - they can pay for an RV site on their own (which will cost them more) or they can hold out for something cheaper.....but, if they can't find anything and your space becomes no longer available....then I guess your price will not have looked so bad after all. :)

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #20 on: June 10, 2010, 06:26:58 pm »

I guess you're right. The fact that I made my plans earlier shouldn't enter into it. It depends on how many people are looking for places to share, and how many people are offering for a lower amount than me. I am just learning about this glorious thing called free markets in actual practice.

I'm just trying to save as much money as I can - I don't know if I actually WANT to have two more people on my site. I don't even know how many tents fit on my site.

It is hard to compete with someone who is offering a free service (since the $5 goes to the campground).
 :)

Did someone take their offer already?

Oh yea, they dont have any room left.

Depending on your tent size and site, you should be able to fit 3 to 5
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them.
I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do."

10stateswithnh

« Reply #21 on: June 11, 2010, 08:13:47 am »

Thanks for the info.

Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #22 on: June 11, 2010, 11:54:26 am »

The AltExpo tent village still has room at our "suite" of sites, starting with the corner site #2 - write Dan@AltExpo.org just to let him know you're coming and please donate, since it does cost us, but if you can't afford to, we never turn anyone away. Even if you just show up as a lonely wanderer, we'll take you in :)

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #23 on: June 11, 2010, 12:00:44 pm »

Bump for wonderful deal camping with wonderful people.

kamil

« Reply #24 on: June 11, 2010, 05:23:18 pm »

The AltExpo tent village still has room at our "suite" of sites, starting with the corner site #2 - write Dan@AltExpo.org just to let him know you're coming and please donate, since it does cost us, but if you can't afford to, we never turn anyone away. Even if you just show up as a lonely wanderer, we'll take you in :)

It seems that I will have great neighbors!

Site #4 reporting :P.

libertango

« Reply #25 on: June 11, 2010, 07:34:12 pm »

Hey All,

I have room for one other person to camp on RV site #59 with me.  Split the cost of the site half and half.  I have plenty of camping gear if you need that too.  PM me if you're interested. 

See you all at PorcFest!
-Libertango

Sovereign Curtis

• I <3 PorcFest
« Reply #26 on: June 11, 2010, 07:50:37 pm »

Hey All,

I have room for one other person to camp on RV site #59 with me.  Split the cost of the site half and half.  I have plenty of camping gear if you need that too.  PM me if you're interested. 

See you all at PorcFest!
-Libertango

Sending someone your way (the camping gear is what did it)

libertango

« Reply #27 on: June 11, 2010, 08:10:45 pm »

Cool.  I shall await said message  ;D

-Libertango

Salvatore

« Reply #28 on: June 11, 2010, 09:46:26 pm »

I still have space on my site as well (RV site 61)  which I am placing my tent on.  So far I am the only one using it.  I wouldn't even necessarily need a payment (although I wouldn't mind a pittance).  So far I am the only person on my site, so feel free to send me a message.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: June 11, 2010, 11:39:34 pm »

ARGH. It looks like I'm going to get roped into PorcFest.

*kicks the dirt*

Anyone got a share left?
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up