Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down

Author Topic: Who would like to share a campsite?  (Read 18411 times)

katieoliberty

Who would like to share a campsite?
« on: May 10, 2009, 09:23:31 am »

I will have a rental car (with a seat that folds down so I can sleep) and a sleeping bag. Who would like to share a campsite?

Katieoliberty

email is katieoliberty@gmail.com
phone is 805-501-3623

teemuv

• http://en.teemuvalimaki.fi/
Re: Who would like to share a campsite?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 02:07:08 pm »

I will have a rental car (with a seat that folds down so I can sleep) and a sleeping bag. Who would like to share a campsite?
So where are you renting the car and for how long will you be staying? And how big is the car? Only for two persons?

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 08:34:49 pm »

If you don't come up with a campsite - they may be full in all the single sites - we may have room at the AltExpo site (#36), but we're discouraging cars on the site to make more room for the tents. write Dan@AltExpo.org if you'll need space.

OttK

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2010, 06:33:38 pm »

Not to Hijack the thread, But it seemed related.

I am hoping to find a site to split the fee with as I am so far coming up alone from NYC. I have a backpacking a.k.a. tiny tent, and intend to spend only the sleeping hours in the site. Anyone interested in just compensation for subletting a one person sized section of their site please pm me.

Further if anyone is interested in sharing rides for the trip to Rogers, I will be driving from Queens either wednesday evening or thursday. I have a brand new government motors impala which is very comfy and terrible on gas, so plenty of room for legs and gear.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 25, 2010, 07:07:59 am »

Not to Hijack the thread, But it seemed related.

I am hoping to find a site to split the fee with as I am so far coming up alone from NYC. I have a backpacking a.k.a. tiny tent, and intend to spend only the sleeping hours in the site. Anyone interested in just compensation for subletting a one person sized section of their site please pm me.

Further if anyone is interested in sharing rides for the trip to Rogers, I will be driving from Queens either wednesday evening or thursday. I have a brand new government motors impala which is very comfy and terrible on gas, so plenty of room for legs and gear.

Ott you may be interested in this:
http://www.facebook.com/freestateproject#!/pages/Convoy-to-PorcFest-2010/112983028729344?ref=ts

Kate

• Now in NH
« Reply #5 on: May 25, 2010, 08:28:49 am »

If you are going to sleep in your car you need to share a site large enough to put your car on it.
Rogers allows 2 adults on a single site and 4 adults on a double site without any extra fees per person.  I'm not sure about kids.
The extra person fee is approximately $5 or $6 dollars per person per night.  You will need to be registered to a site
to get a sticker to drive your car into the campground.

Rogers does not care how many cars or tents are set up on a campsite as long as the people are registered to the site and everything is contained to site.
Last year on my double site we had 3 cars, 6 people including children, and 4 tents plus a hammock with a tarp.
They do have an overflow parking lot to park extra cars but they must have a sticker for you to leave your car there.  You can't sleep in the overflow lot.

soy.lor.n

« Reply #6 on: May 25, 2010, 09:01:48 am »

I'm also interested in splitting a campsite. I'm not registered yet and Rogers may or may not be sold out of tent sites. (still haven't called them to check)

Also, to further the hijack, does anyone know what the "safari" site means? It's actually a couple dollars more than the regular non-electric tent site...

KareFree

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2010, 02:13:22 pm »

I would love to share a tent site with someone. I need to save as much money as possible and splitting the cost of a campsite with one or many people with be very helpful.  :)

I am hoping to get up there Wednesday night and leave Sunday afternoon.

I have not registered for a camp site yet either.

If this possible let me know.

Thank You,
Karen

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2010, 05:21:13 pm »

I have an RV site on the 8th row, so far I am the only person staying there. I am allowed to have one other adult there without paying more. I will have a rental car and my own tent and will be there from Wed-Sat nights, leaving Sunday. If someone wishes to share the site of a strange man (grin) please PM me.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

10stateswithnh

« Reply #9 on: May 27, 2010, 05:04:43 pm »

I now have a second person on my site who is splitting the cost. Anyone else would have to pay their share plus the $5/night extra the campground charges for the 3rd or 4th adult.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

Loonie

« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2010, 06:41:46 pm »

Looks like I will be getting there Sunday nite as a passenger.  Can contribute what ever is needed.  Prefer to share cabin or even room as I have no tent.  Just made travel arrangements today.

10stateswithnh

« Reply #11 on: May 30, 2010, 09:24:17 am »

I can take two more people on my rv site, provided that:
1. you split the cost of the site for the number of nights you are on it,
plus pay the extra $5/night to the campground
and
2. there is room for your tent on my site (anybody know how many tents will fit on an RV site)?

It is on the 8th RV row close to the end of the row so it will be quite a walk to anywhere in the campground (except the recycle center and the overflow parking are fairly close). I have the site for 4 nights, Wed - Sat nights. If you arrive before Wed or leave after Sunday you will have to make other arrangements for the other nights. I do ask that anyone who plans to stay there be quiet around the site as I may sleep some during the day.

If you are interested please send me a private message.

Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:

ny2nh

« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2010, 12:22:40 pm »

Looks like I will be getting there Sunday nite as a passenger.  Can contribute what ever is needed.  Prefer to share cabin or even room as I have no tent.  Just made travel arrangements today.
Walmart has tents cheap....$30 and under....

Salvatore

« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2010, 09:16:10 pm »

I might as well throw my lot (or, I suppose, lack there of) into this topic.

I am making somewhat late preparations to attend PorcFest, and it appears based on things posted here, that tent sites may be all booked.

I'm going to be a lone camper, and would just need somewhere to plop down my tent.

Salvatore

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2010, 10:39:41 am »

An update and my (and the general) situation for tent sites.

I called today, and they did confirm that they are all out, but the lady on the phone said they are renting out rv sites for the same rate as a tent site.  Presumably more than my one tent can fit on such a site, so if anyone is interested in sharing the spot and the cost, feel free to ask.  Its just me camping, so no worries of late night parties or noises.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up