Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rockin' Porcupines Need Apply  (Read 2220 times)

snuggleslut

Rockin' Porcupines Need Apply
« on: May 02, 2009, 03:43:05 pm »

Hey All,
It's Amy here and am one of the many volunteers involved with the Porcupine Freedom Festival this year. My main focus is music and bands. Through many conversations with fellow porcupines, it has been agreed upon that the main purpose of the Festival is to recruit more liberty minded people to move to this lovely state. That being the case, I really want to showcase the talented musicians that are already involved in the Free State Project.
So here is my idea -- Friday night is my night and I want to have it as an open mike kinda thing. We should play for about 3 hours, starting at 7:30 pm. That way is some of the performers have kids or want to make it an early night, they can be accommodated. Each performer will play for 20 minutes with an approximate 10 minute intermission to set up and break down.
I would like all different types of music to be involved. Whether you are a soloist, in a group, acoustic or electric -- SING UP!! It doesn't matter either if you already live here or are just flying in to attend the Festival. I know there is a lot of talent out there and we need to showcase it. Soooo .......
Let the sign ups begin.
I will be posting on other forums so I will try to keep everyone up to date on the slots that are already filled. I would like to have communication from all involved.  I am happy to hear any suggestions or comments in regard to this subject. I can be reached either through the forum or via email at amyo68@hotmail.com

Thank you all very much and I look forward to some great music this year.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
Re: Rockin' Porcupines Need Apply
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 05:00:11 pm »

I've been getting pretty good at guitar recently (at least, the few songs I've got), but I'll be out of town during Porcfest.

;{
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

snuggleslut

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2009, 10:01:28 pm »

I look forward to hearing you someday. Bummer to hear that you will be out of town for the festivities.

denmorin

• the myspace
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2009, 05:04:26 pm »

How about a DJ? I don't know how big electronic music or hip hop will go over at Porcfest, but the equipment is pretty portable, I just need a soundsystem to plug into.
Ideas are bulletproof!
Pages: [1]   Go Up