Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Long Way From Home  (Read 11324 times)

riles p

Long Way From Home
« on: April 01, 2009, 01:14:49 am »

I previously posted this in the main PorcFest section. This sub-section is more relevant to my concern.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey everyone -- I live in Arizona and am new to the idea of Libertarianism and the FSP.

I, along with two like-minded (liberty) friends, am coming out to PorcFest in June! I'm excited, as one might guess. =] (this is my first trip to the east coast and of course NH). I'm anxious to interact with more true liberty-minded people, especially in such a concentrated event (I'm not too deep into Libertarianism yet, but so-far, so good! ).
We're flying in on June 21 I believe (I'm not sure, but we do have tickets purchased) and due to our ages (17, 18) we are unable to rent a vehicle, as far as I know.
So, we basically are coming out there with no transportation as of now, which is a bit of a predicament. We need a ride to Rogers Campground (I think that's the place?) from the Manchester airport and back to the airport on the return date. We're more than willing to tag along with participants of the festival and find out what NH is all about.
One of my friends who is coming insists that there are plenty of people who would like to help us out, and I don't doubt it according to everything else I've heard via this forum and FTL. If anyone in the Manchester area that is attending PorcFest is willing to give us a ride to the campground and possibly show us around, it would be tremendously appreciated!

I learned about FreeTalkLive about a month and a half ago, which has been very informative and successful in making NH and the FSP attractive to me, as well as my friends who also listen (three, but only two can attend). I haven't been disappointed or turned off one bit!

Thanks a lot everyone and I appreciate any responses given.

*Or, if anyone has ANY suggestions, let me know please!    ;D
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Update:  Quote from schismatized, who is one of my friends I am attending with: "our plane lands in Manchester at 9:34AM on JUN23 and we leave at 4:40PM on JUN29."

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re: Long Way From Home
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2009, 08:36:55 am »

if you connect with enough people and let them get to know you .... it will be easy to get a ride up and back to porcfest. You will need to post like crazy on the forums, talk to them on the phone and such. Some of our young guys will be happy  to help you, if they know who you are. Offering to pay for the trip will also help out.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

riles p

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2009, 09:50:54 am »

Yes that's what I've heard. I forgot to include the part about us paying for gas and whatever else we can, because we will be more than happy to.

schismatized

• Volatile Volition
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2009, 04:50:58 pm »

we are still looking for a ride.

cant find much about bus transit in NH. seems like they only go from Manchester to Boston....

any ideas?

freedomroad

« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2009, 05:38:17 pm »

we are still looking for a ride.

cant find much about bus transit in NH. seems like they only go from Manchester to Boston....

any ideas?

Lots of buses in NH but I doubt you could get a ride from Manchester to Lancaster.  You best bet is to get a ride by an individual. 

BTW, why is your return flight on 6/29?  It looks like you are going to have to get a ride from Lancaster on 6/28 to Manchester and then stay at a hotel or with some local folks for a day.

schismatized

• Volatile Volition
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2009, 09:50:49 pm »

What we want to do is see the rest of NH on the non-official days of porcfest. I am planning to move up there soon and just wanted to look at which areas I would be interested in moving to.
Pages: [1]   Go Up