Friday Afternoon
- 2 (18.2%)
Saturday Afternoon
- 2 (18.2%)
I want to play
- 5 (45.5%)
I want to watch
- 0 (0%)
Sorry, I'll be having fun elsewhere but Have Fun! :)
- 2 (18.2%)
I'd Rather Play vollyball
- 0 (0%)
Sunday Afternoon
- 0 (0%)
Softball Game Firday at 2PM
- 0 (0%)
Softball Game, Fri @ 2pm
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 8

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: PorcFest Kickball (fri) & Softball (sun) Game, BYOG @ 2PM  (Read 5587 times)

harrisyw

• FSP Participant
Re: PorcFest Softball Game, Friday @ 2PM BYOG - Sign Up "Sheet"
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2009, 04:44:36 pm »

I would be interested in playing.

spittingwisdom

Re: PorcFest Softball Game, Friday @ 2PM BYOG - Sign Up "Sheet"
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2009, 08:06:28 pm »

Would you be interested in playing a game of Softball while at PorcFest 2009 in the Mountains of Lancaster, New Hampshire? 

Friday at 2PM.

Please use this Thread as the UnOfficial Sign Up Sheet/let us know if you want to play, first come, first served!

BYOG! (but if don't have one, a Glove that is, we'll figure it out .:) )

Thanks and let's "Play Ball!"

UPDATE:  A Behind the Plate Umpire has been secured (rounds of tough negotiations with his Agent) but we where were able to Sign an Elite Umpire for Beer and a Chair.

Yes! I want to play! I played for years and have my own glove and bat.  I play first base!

- Leah

MK

• AKA Markus

Great to see for your interest.  I hope I don't "rain on your parade"(!) (.i.e.; I hope you still can/want to play Softball after I tell you that) i've pushed the Softball Game to Sunday at 2, instead of Friday at 2, because I decided I wanted to replace it with a game that is very similar, but alot easier for everyone to play, and thus meet new people and that is,  a game of Kickball.

The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

MK

• AKA Markus
Re: PorcFest Kickball (fri) & Softball (sun) Game, BYOG @ 2PM
« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2009, 11:37:56 pm »

UPDATE:  Kickball Game Friday at 2PM and Softball Game Sunday @ 2pm.

I saw a number of people playing Kickball games in Manchester one day last Summer and I thought it would be a better game to offer during PF Primetime, because more people are likely to play as it's kind of a mellow version of Softball, as well as it being easier to play (no gloves, bats, fielding hard hit "soft"balls and I think more social interaction as throwing a big soft rubber ball at someone can be great fun for both parties, regardless of the results. 

Apolgies to those who specifically wanted to play softball on Friday (I feel your pain), but we can still play on Sunday. But I would imagine you would also very much enjoy a game of Kickball?

As Im sure most of you remember it''s the game that is very much like playing softball,  but with your foot, except you can throw the ball at the runner and if you hit them, they're out, if you miss they can advance one base only. (see rules below) 

RULES:

Game play goes as follows:  the ball  is rolled towards home plate, and the player which is up ( kicking ), tries to kick the ball .  If the ball  is caught in the air, the kicker is out.  A player is also out if the ball  is thrown at them, and hits them while they are not touching a base.  If a thrown ball  misses them, they may only run to the next base, which is known on the kickball field as the "one base on an overthrow" rule.  Also similar to baseball, if the ball  is thrown to the first base man, and it is caught by the first base man while he/she/it is touching first base, the player running to first base is out.  This is known as a "forced out" in that the runner was forced to run to that base.  A "forced out" can occur on any base that a runner is forced to run to.    Once a team gets 3 outs, the teams switch sides.

PS:  A surprisingly large number of people can field a team for Kickball :).

The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up