Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Nursing  (Read 3292 times)

DavidJames

Nursing
« on: May 01, 2009, 03:48:27 pm »

My mom is moving to NH with me and she wants to know what are the best colleges for nursing. If not in keene then where? I have my heart set on keene and plan on staying there so if we have to split up she said she's ok with that.

Dosazu

Re: Nursing
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2009, 07:10:39 pm »

Depends what kind of nurse she wants to be (LPN vs. RN), and if she is going for the Associates or the Bachelors.

DavidJames

« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2009, 08:09:31 pm »

RN or LPN - Associates
« Last Edit: May 03, 2009, 08:12:15 pm by DavidJames »

Dosazu

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 09:31:19 pm »

You have to remember that there are a few factors that play into the right higher education course for nurses that are different from most other careers. As you may well know, the United States (and the world) is experiencing a critical nursing shortage. Within the next 5-10 years it is expected in this country alone that 1 million RN positions will be unfilled. The other factor that plays into this is that nursing does not have the long term education requirements like a PHD to think about so there is no need to fuss over getting into a super expensive/super exclusive college to then be able to impress another college.

Simply put, an economical and level headed approach to a college for nursing is very practical seeing as hospitals, schools, and other institutions will be fighting over the qualified people in the field so that they may finally fill their staff. In New Hampshire your best bet for an RN is either the University of New Hampshire in Durham for a Bachelors, or a local community college for the Associates like she wants (Manchester, Great Bay, Nashua, etc all offer these programs very cheaply).

New Hampshire doesn't have a very wide selection, really the only option is a Community College, but it's not as if there's anything wrong with those as some snooty people may lead you to believe.
Pages: [1]   Go Up