Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Down

Author Topic: "This movement is Snowballing, More in Keene, than Anywhere."  (Read 34622 times)

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
Re: "This movement is Snowballing, More in Keene, than Anywhere."
« Reply #90 on: May 28, 2009, 06:33:16 pm »

I'm not seeing a lot of rewards as a result of not paying federal tax if you wind up in prison for it.

Those who file federal income tax returns are more likely to be jailed than those who "are required to" and don't. Statistically.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #91 on: May 28, 2009, 06:41:56 pm »

If you can be "mostly free" when rotting in a cage in then you must have a very unique definition of freedom

What's the difference between someone forcing you to work for them for six months for free and you working where you want for six months after which they take all the fruits of your labor? None. Either way you are a slave. Working for the government half your life is a "unique" definition of freedom. Serfs in the middle ages lost less of their value to the overlords than you do.

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #92 on: May 28, 2009, 07:31:52 pm »

i guess it is the other way around for me
if i pay taxes I am mostly a slave
if i am in jail i am mostly free

for others that would not be true
but you did pay your property tax.
actually i have not "owned" any property in nh according to the governments standards
if i buy some real estate sometime ... i will probably pay property taxes to the thugs so they don't kick me off of it ... they also are not doing quite as much damage hiring cops and indoctrinating children in schools as the US government does outright bombing people.
as the government gets worse ... then i push back more
the feds want half our incomes ... that i beyond my breaking point
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #93 on: May 28, 2009, 07:36:13 pm »

I'm not willing to go to jail at this time, but I recognize that I benefit greatly from your willingness to do so. I consider it a highly effective but also highly personally sacrificial form of activism. Although I would never criticize someone for choosing to be active in less risky ways, I consider many of the people who are willing to do so heroic.
thank you
there are many guys who have moved to nh because of the fsp and/or because of our activism, who are willing to step up the nonviolent revolution by putting their physical freedom at risk on a small scale. it is amazing how much can be accomplished when a few people stand up to the thugs.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #94 on: May 28, 2009, 07:43:12 pm »

Yep, Thoreau spent one day in jail, and his buddy Emerson, paid his fine and bailed him out.  Granted his essay was a great piece, but really, what
did he do to back up his belief's? Live on Waldon Pond. :)
exactly
do you think he would have caved if his friend would not have paid? I think he would have stayed.
Since he is a good writer ... his message got out. Some of us have to sit in there longer to get out the message of how bad the state is. But even one night in jail altered Thoreau's view of others. It could happen to you too. Thoreau also took the first step of not funding the bad actions of the government.

Thoreau lived simply and realized those with possessions would have trouble standing up to the thugs. Tolstoy only gave away some of his wealth to follow his beliefs, but he too was a great writer, so he made up for it.
The reason some of us are emulating Gandhi and MLK is because they were doers.

Right now Sam is doing the work and Andrew will join him.

wow that was a long post ... since i basically agreed with you :)

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #95 on: May 28, 2009, 09:10:10 pm »

OP Markus was talking about the "snowballing" going on in Keene.  Ie, that the new recruits are recruiting others, as well, and that this kind of exponential growth is occurring more there than anyone else.

Some of us seacoasters stated some points of disagreement, and this issue has been, IMO, pretty well covered.  I simply believe that more political activism is occurring in Manchester, Grafton, Barrington, Deerfield, Seabrook, Portsmouth, Dover, and other towns.  I believe that the issue has been pretty well resolved in my mind: that, as some Keene locals said, Keene may be a great town for non-political activists who want to fight the system in a high profile manner.  If you guys want to start another thread, have at it.

"This movement is Snowballing, More in Keene, than anywhere."
  Dale (anarchyinyourhead.com)

Dale made this comment on Free Keene.com's Forum website and I couldn't agree more.  I think it's due in large part because the town of Keene is so small and the number of Activiists are so busy and large, compared to other areas in New Hampshire...and so the participants and the mission of more Freedom are much more visable. 

Please don't misunderstand that there are not good people doing great things in other parts of the state because there are.  But what makes Keene's Activists so different is the majority choose to take on the system Peacefully from the "Outside" first ("breaking, challenging Tyrant law), and then battle it from the "Inside" (peacefully fighting the "Justice" system, from jail sometimes, etc.).

This peaceful Initiation/Attitude of wanting More Liberty Now, coupled with the fact that it's also being covered by the Liberty Media (Headquarted in Keene), is like a Tornado faning a Wildfire. 

Are those in Keene more Impatient, for more Liberty, than anyone else?  I don't know.  But what I do know is, if You are Excited and Impatient for more Liberty, then I'd have to recommend you check out this NH postcard "town" of Keene, because as the man said....

"This Movement is Snowballing, More in Keene, than Anywhere."   

If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #96 on: May 29, 2009, 07:04:10 pm »

Maxxoccupancy wrote:

Some of us seacoasters stated some points of disagreement, and this issue has been, IMO, pretty well covered.  I simply believe that more political activism is occurring in Manchester, Grafton, Barrington, Deerfield, Seabrook, Portsmouth, Dover, and other towns.
============

Max,  are you compiling all those cities together to compare to Keene?   I think silent activism is tops, people working behind the scenes to achieve more liberty.  But if you really want to speed things up, it helps a ton to get the Press to write about what you're doing.  Make people aware of who you are, what you're doing and thus make your stands public and consequenlty attract more people.

The Keene area has small numbers compared to Manchester and bigger areas, but no city has had more press coverage than the Keene area activists.  And with Sam being on Fox News' Freedom Watch and now the Boston Globe story (featured in the Metro section), I think any reasonable person :) would have to agree:

"This movement is Snowballing, More in Keene, than Anywhere."    >:D

The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #97 on: May 29, 2009, 07:53:57 pm »

political activism.  Many local Keene activists have held the town out as a great potential hotspot for nonpolitical activists who want to fight the system in a high profile manner.  I don't dispute that idea, and there are certainly some pros to living in Cheshire County.  Nevertheless, there are more political achievements to be found by activists in other areas.

What has grated against many of us are repeated statements that, "everything is happening in Keene," and so forth.  From a political standpoint, there are at least a dozen towns where activists have done more.  Towns with two freestaters have gotten more done locally.  When Keene activists have been asked how many political achievements they have to show, there are none.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #98 on: May 29, 2009, 11:36:22 pm »

i hope to never have a political achievement

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #99 on: May 29, 2009, 11:51:32 pm »

Max, The Free Keene Fest was recently held, many people, with all types of groups who  set up tables to educate the public about all sorts of things people can do to protect themselves from Government and of course there were the "illegal things" as well (gambling, food for sale, etc.) or politely practicing civil disobedience.  Political Activism?  I think the people there prefer Liberty Activism. 

I think to take the headline for this thread to mean "it's all happening in Keene, period" is a mistake.  Everyone who knows anything about what's going on knows there are many people all over NH doing great things.  Exactly, it means Keene is the fastest growing center of attention at the moment (it does not mean it's the only game).

I think everyone benefits when the Free State Project makes news as it exposes the project to so many new people, especially when it's in a Newspaper that's not located in NH, and extra especially good when it's the biggest metropolitan area in the neighborhood, finally icing on top the cake when it's in the city that was the birthplace for American Liberty;  Boston, Massachusetts.  Everything happens for a reason and it was the Keene area Liberty Activists who initiated and consequently made this story happen now. 

Big Story in Major Newspaper.  Big time PR for The Free State Project and Free Keene.  If you think PR is a good thing Max, then I look forward to you knockin' some down for the good of the project!  :)

« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 11:53:06 am by Markus »
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #100 on: May 30, 2009, 02:37:25 am »

The point being that some of the Keene folks earlier in this thread were stating that everything was happening in Keene.  There's a lot going on elsewhere in the state.  It's just more low key.

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #101 on: May 30, 2009, 11:15:02 am »

The point being that some of the Keene folks earlier in this thread were stating that everything was happening in Keene.  There's a lot going on elsewhere in the state.  It's just more low key.

Please quote whomever claimed "everything" was going on in Keene.  I'll wait.

Oh, were you just putting words in Keeniac's mouths?  Don't you have something better to do?
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #102 on: May 30, 2009, 02:12:41 pm »

Please quote whomever claimed "everything" was going on in Keene.  I'll wait.

Oh, were you just putting words in Keeniac's mouths?  Don't you have something better to do?
[/quote]

I believe I brought the issue up a few pages back, and the issue was resolved to every ones
satisfaction.

Seemed it was more a matter of misunderstanding. :)
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #103 on: May 30, 2009, 05:50:26 pm »

My post was directed at Max, not you, Dave.  Apparently nothing has been resolved to his satisfaction.
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

maxxoccupancy

• fija.org
« Reply #104 on: May 31, 2009, 02:14:53 pm »

It was from a different thread, followed by FTL Ian responding with something like, "You hit the nail on the head," or something like that.  That was followed by some previous remark by several seacoasters (and MVP folks) that there is a lot going on elsewhere in the state, not just Keene.  This was then followed by FTL Ian insisting that no one had ever stated that "everything" was happening in Keene, contradicting an FTL Ian post not 24 hours old.  The ink was barely dry on the electrons when FTL Ian essentially denied stating what he himself had just stated.

Do I have time to go back through every Keene-oriented thread, when there are so many on these boards?  When there is at least one other forum dedicated solely to the lively and provocative Free Keene effort?  Not really.  I have spent seven years recruiting folks for the FSP, and have found that Nashua, Keene, and Seabrook are all great for talking to potential movers.  I no longer post on "The Great Can't/Won't Debate" because that's all it is.  Debatarianism is what killed the national LP in America, leading to the famous "Shut the F--- Up and Vote" bumper stickers and buttons.

We have only 168 hours per week, and I spend most of that time recruiting folks and showing prospective movers that there are LOTS of great towns in New Hampshire to move to, with a virtual shopping mall of different types of activism available.  Anyone reading this board would be well informed to note that almost any town in New Hampshire would be a great one to live in.  I have found Seabrook to be fantastic, and 700 plus movers have found 238 towns and cities all over the state, with concentrations of activists in several towns that are worth visiting at the first opportunity.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8   Go Up