Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down

Author Topic: "This movement is Snowballing, More in Keene, than Anywhere."  (Read 33450 times)

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
Re: "This movement is Snowballing, More in Keene, than Anywhere."
« Reply #45 on: April 28, 2009, 10:36:24 pm »

Seth, did I read you wrong?  How does having NH natives in the Keene liberty movement "weaken our message"?   ???

Wow, I screwed that up.  Yeah, Ian I wasn't clear.

What I was trying to say was that the fact that the Keene freedom movement is viewed as nothing but a movement of "free staters" weakens the movement.  Because it's not just a movement of free staters.  There are lots of natives that free staters joined to help.  I was just saying that, even as a person who follows this stuff, I didn't even know there were natives involved until recently.  Does that make sense?

Understandable, as you don't live here.  A quick look at the Free Keene bloggers page should make it clear to anyone investigating, and this year's municipal elections in Keene will be featuring NH natives who support liberty, so people less-in-touch will be more likely to come across this information at that time.

*Looks at FreeKeene Bloggers Page*

Perhaps I don't follow as closely as I think I do.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2009, 10:40:48 pm »

;)

I don't know what else we can do to promote it besides what we are currently doing...
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2009, 10:43:08 am »

Markus...Don't get me wrong.  I haven't been to Keene since last summer and that was to a party and Dawn and Bill's, so I really don't have a handle on what is going on
in Keene.  I think it is great folks are moving there, I just take issue with those who say it is the center of the freedom movement in NH.  You see I know a lot of folks, and
I know they are working there butts off all over NH promoting freedom.  They are the folks who don't look for fame or glory,show up in the paper, or on the videos, but when we need help, they are the first to
raise there hand in support.  I don't think the internet folks even realize what they are doing or how important they are to our movement.

Sometimes I get a little muffed, when I perceive there efforts are not being recognized.  For my thought, they are the folks who deserve the credit, and will be the reason
we save freedom.

So anyway, you know what they say about opinions, :)

I understand Dave, thanks.  I guess one thing, that's been well known, generally speaking, is that Keene, until recently, has not shown interest in trying to change things via Official Positions of Power.

I know I  mentioned at least a couple of times that I was in no way intending to say those who got here before the others, have done/are doing stuff are not important and appreciated,  of course, they very much are.
I wanted to promote one area first and second, encourage others to promote their own areas, so to take the Snowball comment in that way is to not interpret it as I intended.

I think "Hotbed" is another great word that would describe Keene as well, but Snowball was the perfect word for this case, as from what I've seen/heard, Keene is attracting More New Movers, Faster, (snowballing) than any other city in NH, if you measure it by % of new movers compared to the total population.  If you know otherwise, please let me know!

So I just wanted to Shout this from the Top of this movement's biggest Hill to create more momentum. 

It always good to hear what you guys are working on up in the Dover area and in my analysis, you guys still have the best pizza in NH! (La Festa Wood Fired Pizza, located in Beautiful Downtown Dover).  :)

The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #48 on: April 30, 2009, 08:22:25 am »

I think "Hotbed" is another great word that would describe Keene as well, but Snowball was the perfect word for this case, as from what I've seen/heard, Keene is attracting More New Movers, Faster, (snowballing) than any other city in NH, if you measure it by % of new movers compared to the total population.  If you know otherwise, please let me know!

That may be true since we've had quite an influx very recently, but I'm not tracking recruitment so I can't verify. I'm really only sharply aware of what's going on locally. I don't even get out to Manch nearly as often as I used to. I would just clarify that my own meaning for it was the sudden increase in movers recently vs. the past up to that point, along with the sense that the momentum is continuing to build upon itself ("snowballing"). Each time some event happens, it seems to inspire yet more people to move here and to move sooner than originally planned. As more people get involved, the videos start showing a lot more activists than in earlier vids and I think people are starting to get a sense that they will be a part of something really big and have lots of people to support them in their efforts, and that emboldens people who might otherwise have felt somewhat timid in dealing with tyrannical statists.

FTL_Ian

• Golden Porcupine
« Reply #49 on: April 30, 2009, 10:35:43 am »

Keene's next big activist event:  about 24 hours away.

How many will turn out for this one?

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #50 on: April 30, 2009, 12:16:10 pm »

too many .... for the keene cops to be happy about
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

FTL_Ian

• Golden Porcupine
« Reply #51 on: April 30, 2009, 01:14:08 pm »

According to Sam, at one point they apparently had a school bus ready for us and were planning to take us all to Westmoreland and house us in the gym.

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #52 on: April 30, 2009, 04:28:13 pm »

According to Sam, at one point they apparently had a school bus ready for us and were planning to take us all to Westmoreland and house us in the gym.

At least we'll get to work out while incarcerated.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #53 on: May 01, 2009, 12:49:30 pm »

there isn't any room in the gym ... it is already full of sentenced guys who follow the rules.
a school bus would be more comfortable than the packed van
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #54 on: May 01, 2009, 09:22:18 pm »

there isn't any room in the gym ... it is already full of sentenced guys who follow the rules.
a school bus would be more comfortable than the packed van

I guess they could have welded the doors shut and wrapped the bus in Barbed Wire (throw in a camper's toilet, and a thin blanket for each) if they were in a pinch for space.
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

TEBON

« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2009, 08:58:20 am »

is it just me or does the "positive attitude" towards the naysayers sound equally if not more badass than going off on someone?

it's like killing with kindness. . .

For people to get the message, do they have to hear or see it?  If it exists and no one knows about it, does it do anything?

As for PUSHING MY WAYS on others. . . my ways are doing my thing and not harming or stealing from others.  If that turns off some people then so be it. . .I'm not going to bend over backwards to please others if they want to keep the chains securely on my wrists.

The way it looks from the outside, the Seacoasters are happy enough with getting really cute fuzzy things to make their chains more comfortable.  Keeniacs are taking the steps to remove their chains.  I want to remove my chains. 

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #56 on: May 05, 2009, 09:42:36 am »

"The way it looks from the outside, the Seacoasters are happy enough with getting really cute fuzzy things to make their chains more comfortable."

First, I would agree with what you said on another post about much of what Max says has no basis in fact, but I also believe your statement above has no
basis in fact.  Fact is Max is fairly new to the area, and really doesn't know many folks in the region.  Seabrook is in the extreme southeastern corner of the
Seacoast Region, and most of us seldom even visit there.  To assume that Max speaks for us, is not fair, or accurate.

What the folks in Keene are doing in my opinion is what they believe is best for them, and I'm fine with that.  Personally I wish them well in all of there
efforts.  I believe the vast majority of the folks in the Seacoast Region feel the same way. :)
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #57 on: May 05, 2009, 11:24:50 am »

First, I would agree with what you said on another post about much of what Max says has no basis in fact, but I also believe your statement above has no
basis in fact.  Fact is Max is fairly new to the area, and really doesn't know many folks in the region.  Seabrook is in the extreme southeastern corner of the
Seacoast Region, and most of us seldom even visit there.  To assume that Max speaks for us, is not fair, or accurate.

QFT. Anton, I would also suggest that you keep your constructive criticism focused and not collectivize the seacoasters. My experience over there was pretty positive.

TEBON

« Reply #58 on: May 05, 2009, 12:09:30 pm »

suggestion noted and of course I wasn't trying to lambaste all seacoasters, merely what a few people have already decided are the type of activism that is going to be wanted in the Seacoast. 

That = who I was talking about. . . I don't have a problem with people who do their activism in whatever way they decide.  I really do have a problem when people state that the area is not comfortable with civil disobedience.  The "area" does not represent me, and my opinions.  Just as my opinion doesn't represent anyone else's.  Frankly, the only thing I'm calling out is 101 list that is supposed to drive people to Seabrook yet is full of opinions.

I'm not involved in the political goings on in the Seacoast, because I'm not interested in politics.  If they ask me to help hold a sign or tell people about a certain candidate. . . sure I'd help!  I was only asked once to help with a sign wave for Mr. Kelley and I helped.

I should have refrained from saying Seacoasters, what I should have said was "some" seacoasters.  My apologies to anyone who took offense, especially those who are very involved in their thing.

I would be happy to help with any 101 lists and ask around to see what others could come up with for 101 TRUE reasons to move to the Seacoast. . . there are so many things that I love about the seacoast.  I understood Max has only been here a couple of years, and had his opinions based on that.  I was hoping to point out that not everything is always as it seems.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #59 on: May 05, 2009, 02:53:42 pm »

I should have refrained from saying Seacoasters, what I should have said was "some" seacoasters. 

and by some you mean one. :P
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up

anything