Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Down

Author Topic: # of Reasons to Move to Portsmouth, New Hampshire  (Read 50695 times)

MK

• AKA Markus
Re: # of Reasons to Move to Portsmouth, New Hampshire
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2009, 11:34:41 am »

17.  Water, water and more water.  If you like being next to lots of water but still want the benefits of living near a population center, then this is your only choice.  Bays, bays and more bays plus the ocean to boot.  I've traveled most of the state (save North of Lancaster) and IMHO, if you are a "wateraholic" nothing comes to close Portsmouth in this area.   18 miles of coastline, not to mention what's available in Maine as well.

18. NH has no Sales Tax thus everyone on the Maine border shops in Portsmouth, which means the shopping options compare to a a city of 100K+.

19. Population, 21,000+.  Enjoy a small town feel while having the ammenties of a much larger city. 

20.  Prevention Magazine named Portsmouth one of the top 100 walking cities in the America for 2008. 

« Last Edit: January 13, 2010, 09:36:33 am by Markus »
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2009, 11:40:45 am »

21.  The geographic location, historic past and cultural strength of Portsmouth regularly lands it on various "best places to live" lists.

22.  Distances from Portsmouth

Manchester NH – 50 miles   
Boston – 50 miles   
Portland ME – 50 miles   
New York – 258 miles
Montreal – 294 miles

23.  Temperatures

Avg. High             Avg. Low

July      79F                60.8oF   
January 31.5F             15.4oF

Year     56.F               39.0oF

The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

lloydbob1

« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2009, 11:43:51 am »

25.  Friendly Toast

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2009, 11:59:15 am »

24.  More than a dozen noteworthy Beaches. 
       http://www.portsmouthnh.com/thingstodo/index.cfm?CategoryID=17

(see Lloyd's below for 25!)

26.  In 2008, the National Trust for Historic Preservation named Portsmouth to its list of America's Dozen Distinctive Destinations calling the city "one of the most culturally rich destinations in the country."with a stimulating mix of historic buildings, sidewalk cafes, great restaurants, art galleries, jazz clubs and distinctive artisans' boutiques."

I can't emphasize this enough..it's seems indescribable.  Last night ( late Sunday eve, in the center of downtown Ports, there were more than 1000+  people, all ages, sitting at the cafes, on benches...almost all, OUTSIDE, just enjoying the beautiful evening and atmosphere at 10:30 pm on a Sunday night(!).  Folks, this doesn't happen anyplace else in New Hampshire with these kind of numbers (days and times).   

http://www.preservationnation.org/about-us/press-room/in-the-news/2008/march/portsmouth-now-a-distinctive.html

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2009, 12:08:50 pm »

27.  Most vibrant Downtown in NH.  Go to the center of town, pull up a bench and I bet you a Steak Bomb sub there is no better downtown to sit in and
       enjoy.  It's like the downtown is a super sized living room, but all outdoors.

28.  Stageneck Inn, York, Maine (just minutes from Ports).

http://www.stageneck.com/lwrbchspecialsports.html

29.  Rye, NH.  7 miles south of Portsmouth, right on the ocean with a humongous beach, fantastic.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 09:37:28 am by Markus »

PlymouthRepublic

• Plymouth NH | Outpost for the North Country
    • More Information About Me
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 06:04:56 pm »

Portsmouth? Seriously?

It's horribly liberal.

But, I can't say too much since I live in another P-town. But at least we have more college students than residents...which may or may not be helpful, though I'm hopeful with the launch of the Review, it'll be helpful to target and recruit liberty-lovers...

The Palmer Post
P.O. Box 221
Palmer, TX 75152
ThePalmerPost.com
publisher@thepalmerpost.com

freedomroad

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 06:15:40 pm »

Portsmouth? Seriously?

It's horribly liberal.

But, I can't say too much since I live in another P-town. But at least we have more college students than residents...which may or may not be helpful, though I'm hopeful with the launch of the Review, it'll be helpful to target and recruit liberty-lovers...

From what I've seen, Plymouth is more pro big government than Portsmouth.  BTW, Portsmouth has a bunch of college students.

TEBON

« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 06:20:42 pm »

there are plenty of right wing douches in both places as well.   Equal opportunity douchebags.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 06:50:18 pm »

Portsmouth? Seriously?

It's horribly liberal.

Right...you have never been to Portsmouth, so hey??? Portsmouth isn't Texas.  Maybe you shouldn't be saying things about places you know nothing about...heresay???

BTW why to you keep showing up here with new user names?

For the record Portsmouth is by far the best little walk around town in NH.  If you like girls, and like the party atmosphere,  Portsmouth is the place to consider! :)

Don't take my opinion, just stop by and see for yourself!

« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 06:54:25 pm by Keith and Stuff »
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

freedomroad

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2009, 06:53:20 pm »

there are plenty of right wing...in both places as well.   Equal opportunity...

Please don't be quite so negative towards folks you have never met while on this forum.  Call them hypocrites or something if you like, but those words are unnecessary.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 08:30:54 pm by Keith and Stuff »

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2009, 07:04:20 pm »

30.  Ok while I'm here.  I can say Portsmouth, Dover, and Rochester rock with pretty gals form UNH.  UNH is our largest university, and I'll match those gals with anything NH has to offer.  I lived 3 years in a studio in Dover, and can say man, the gals were beautiful! :)

BTW thanks Kieth thanks for correcting my post!  Hey, I'm not a computer guy! :D
Please join us!

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2009, 07:09:52 pm »

Ok, for the record, I didn't mean to slight any of the incredible talented, and beautiful Freestate ladies I have been associated with here in NH. :)
Please join us!

lloydbob1

« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2009, 08:21:50 pm »

Many of whom Run at his approach!

PlymouthRepublic

• Plymouth NH | Outpost for the North Country
    • More Information About Me
« Reply #28 on: July 21, 2009, 04:40:44 am »

I have been to Portsmouth. I've been to every part of this state since moving here in February, but I was only commenting on Portsmouth being liberal by the number of Democratic votes. Not saying it's a bad town. Hell, I love Portsmouth actually.

One must remember, I'm highly partisan in my role up here :)

The Palmer Post
P.O. Box 221
Palmer, TX 75152
ThePalmerPost.com
publisher@thepalmerpost.com

TEBON

« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2009, 04:45:25 am »

there are plenty of right wing...in both places as well.   Equal opportunity...

Please don't be quite so negative towards folks you have never met while on this forum.  Call them hypocrites or something if you like, but those words are unnecessary.

oh you mean douchebag?  I don't think they're unnecessary words in fact I could do a lot worse.  How do you know I never met "plenty of douchebag republicans and democrats"

I would go ahead and say I have.

lol I love the "I like him personally" argument Joey.   I'm pretty sure most people get that you're just a republican in liberty clothing.  You're in good company.  I'm sure you'll find a lot of people like you in the state.  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 11   Go Up