Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Down

Author Topic: # of Reasons to Move to Portsmouth, New Hampshire  (Read 56213 times)

TEBON

Re: # of Reasons to Move to Portsmouth, New Hampshire
« Reply #90 on: August 12, 2009, 05:04:36 pm »

The police aren't the enemy, the system is.

With that, c'mon fellas I'm not doing anything wrong, keep moving into the shower room.  Lets go lets go, it's the system not me. . .keep moving.  You, yeah you, juden. . .keep moving.  Nevermind the guy up on the roof with the canister, he's just a product of the system.  You should have opposed the system from the beginning.  Don't blame me, they're making me do this.

what ever happened to the law is the law?  Gotta follow the law and go through the "right channels" to get them changed.  Would that be so they can not know the law changed and continue to harass people over it.

Keith's post makes the most sense. . . could they have done worse, absolutely.  Still no excuse for illegitimate footsoldiers to misinterpret and disobey laws.  Sorry, no breaks.  They would have gotten all my support and I would be out bellringing to let people know that FINALLY the police have done something to protect our rights.   Unfortunately, they still failed.  That's the breaks.

freedomroad

« Reply #91 on: August 12, 2009, 05:30:02 pm »

The police aren't the enemy, the system is.

We have a constitutional right to bare arms, and it seems to me the police in Portsmouth did the best they could, under the system they have to live with too, to respect Will's rights.

I have no enemies.  However, the cops violated his rights.  I'm not saying they should be fired.  But they should at least feel bad for denying him his freedom.  He didn't do anything too them, except help them do their job.

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #92 on: August 12, 2009, 05:31:48 pm »

84.  The cops seem to understand open carry in Portsmouth.

The most suprising thing to me about Obama's Health Care Town Hall meeting in Portsmouth yesterday was that the Police Chief of Portsmouth, after being contacted by the Feds regarding "the man with a gun" (i.e.; William), first got the idea, then took the initiative to contact the Priest, (very quickly I might add) and thus give William a "sanctuary" that allowed William to stay, with his gun.   Amazing.  Only in NH!  (here's Williams' interviews for those who missed them -  www.freekeene.com  )

I don't know.  To me, it seemed that the cops violated the law.  Additionally, I doubt William needed permission to stand near the road or on the church property.

But, yes, the cops could have done an even worse job.  Either way, William did a good job.

Keith, I would agree with the part of your answer where you say "I don't know." :) 

From my understanding, the police were NOT the ones who were trying to push William out of the way, it was the feds/secret service so I'm not following you.

The police chief came up with the idea and took initiative to contact a citizen(priest) and I think it shows how neighborly the police and people here are to total strangers and also that they are very supportive of open carry.  William was happy with the arrangement.

Obviously we presently live with a government so to think we're supposed to have this Freedom Utopia everywhere is living in dreamland if you ask me.  I've had a few interactions with the police, in the short time I've been here I must say honestly, I've never seen a more friendly, considerate hands off Police force, all things considered.

PS: Don't worry Dave, #84 is staying because it's true like a rock. :)
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #93 on: August 13, 2009, 10:11:52 am »

Keith, I just read on Free Keene's forum that someone said, William said, it was a Portsmouth Detective.  I'm going to try and speak to the Chief today and see if I can get the story so this thread doesn't turn into a Nitpicking debate. :)
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #94 on: August 13, 2009, 11:04:12 am »

They can ask him to leave the school grounds.. that part is not illegal.

Lt MacDonald is his name.

Have you seen the 2 exchanges?
They are up online.

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #95 on: August 13, 2009, 05:21:02 pm »

They are up online.

No, haven't seen them.  I guess I got there after the "fireworks."  What I want to know most is who initiated talking to William.  If it was the police, do we know if they were asked by the secret service to talk to William?

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #96 on: August 13, 2009, 07:40:56 pm »

They are up online.

No, haven't seen them.  I guess I got there after the "fireworks."  What I want to know most is who initiated talking to William.  If it was the police, do we know if they were asked by the secret service to talk to William?

I believe so as there was  s.s. standing behind him while the police talked to William.

TEBON

« Reply #97 on: August 14, 2009, 02:55:35 pm »

oh I forgot the police owned the schools.

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #98 on: August 14, 2009, 03:38:06 pm »

No not really, but the fact is, many school systems do restrict our right to bare arms on their

property.  If you want to bitch, go to the school board.  Many owners of private property ban guns too?

I just believe the Portsmouth Police did their best to respect NH law, even with the Fed's breathing down there necks.  For that they should be commended.

There is bigger fish in the sea, and to bad mouth the Portsmouth PD for there actions, is time wasted.

Hey, I don't have all the answers, but just giving my opinion, :)
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #99 on: August 14, 2009, 03:52:10 pm »

They are up online.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LZVacfe3BDY
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

Vexer

« Reply #100 on: August 15, 2009, 03:31:27 am »

The Portsmouth Police are cool.  (Well, if personal opinions count - two interactions, one an auto break-down, one a property dispute - in both cases, perfect behavior from the cops. They just do their job).

Better than most American cops.

But why NOT come to Portsmouth? Two reasons: (And, I love Portsmouth... way too much)

1) It gets crowded. Tourist town, especially in summer... people swarm.

2) It gets really crowded. Sometimes. Beaches, mainly. May as well stay home and watch the Beach Channel.

(Yes, I realize that was the same reason twice.)
« Last Edit: August 15, 2009, 03:35:57 am by Vexer »

the pooch lady

« Reply #101 on: August 15, 2009, 04:51:20 am »

Vexer, where are you located?

TEBON

« Reply #102 on: August 15, 2009, 01:45:26 pm »

No not really, but the fact is, many school systems do restrict our right to bare arms on their

property.  If you want to bitch, go to the school board.  Many owners of private property ban guns too?

I just believe the Portsmouth Police did their best to respect NH law, even with the Fed's breathing down there necks.  For that they should be commended.

There is bigger fish in the sea, and to bad mouth the Portsmouth PD for there actions, is time wasted.

Hey, I don't have all the answers, but just giving my opinion, :)

Does the school board own the school too?  Maybe you can go fight city hall instead, you seem to have more fun at it.   :)

Does it look like I'd ever have a problem with a private person restricting firearms on their private property? 

My mother used to say "mediocre is not good enough for your mother."  Simply put, the police, as usual, didn't do their jobs.  I don't care if feds were "breathing down their necks", frankly. . . I didn't make those men become police officers.  Perhaps if the job is too hard then they could find a much easier one out there such as washing lettuce at Wendy's.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if you can't handle leaving peaceful people alone then there is other work where you won't have to do such hard things such as leaving them alone.  It's a very hard job I'm sure, taking down rapists and murderers.  Unfortunately the police would rather look towards someone like me who didn't have a nice laminated press pass or a fancy button down shirt and who was taking pictures in the middle with all the other media guys.

I'm not looking for police to "do their best". . . that's a cop out (no pun intended).  I'm looking for some cop somewhere to actually do what it is they're supposed to do.  I'm not asking for perfection.  I'm asking for them to simply do their jobs correctly, say at least 80% of the time.

This does not happen.  More like 30%.  Oh wait there goes a speeder, wooo wooooooooo

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #103 on: August 16, 2009, 05:01:40 pm »

Portsmouth is a beautiful town.  It does have quite a few liberals, but many lean libertarian, anti-war, and favor a lot of the ideas we favor.  They're not authoritarian, and their elected officials are not the worst ones in the state.

The city is beautiful, and there are a lot of towns in the area that are within driving distance, if you can't afford the high cost of living.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

TEBON

« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2009, 02:01:55 am »

some even burn flags!  Those are the good liberals. 
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11   Go Up