Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: few questions  (Read 5235 times)

alcamedes

Re: few questions
« Reply #15 on: April 11, 2009, 09:33:00 pm »

The main problem I've been reading about Concord is that it tends toward liberal, perhaps strongly so. I guess it's cause it's capital (similar situation to Austin TX). Maybe someone can clue me in. What's so liberal about Concord? Did any Free Staters move to Concord / is there a good sized libertarian community there?

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2009, 07:43:28 am »

I live in Concord.

First and foremost, in some ways the BEST place for an active FSPer to move, is a place with big-government tendencies. Those are the places where if we can eject 1 or 2 of the current State Reps, and replace them with pro-freedom people, will produce the biggest net gain for liberty throughout the entire state. Case in point: this past election, a group of us (including and especially NH natives who are getting fired up by the FSPers) managed to beat a RINO in the primary. The "Republican" in question was a big proponent of an Income Tax(!)
Her replacement is a Democrat who is AGAINST any Income Tax, and is working hard to add "teeth" to the state's 'Right-to-know' law (Here is an interview with him)
I also know that at least 1 libertarian-democrat is planning to run in this same district in 2010

Remember, the FSP is not primarily about moving to a place that is already free: THERE IS NO SUCH PLACE.
Not yet, at least!

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: April 12, 2009, 08:59:31 am »

There are probably 10 + FSPers in Concord.

Concord is a nice place to live, central to many things, lots of room for all sorts of activism, city politics, state politics, civ dis etc etc.

alcamedes

« Reply #18 on: April 12, 2009, 04:18:22 pm »

First and foremost, in some ways the BEST place for an active FSPer to move, is a place with big-government tendencies. Those are the places where if we can eject 1 or 2 of the current State Reps, and replace them with pro-freedom people, will produce the biggest net gain for liberty throughout the entire state.

That's exciting! This weekend I've continued to research opportunities in Concord and browsed various private high school websites. Most of the schools do support a Latin curriculum, and whenever I was able to find proper testimonials they tended to confirm what jshippey's friend indicated, that the programs are excellent, and the salaries also aren't to be laughed at. So I think plans are fomenting ...

The "Republican" in question was a big proponent of an Income Tax(!) Her replacement is a Democrat who is AGAINST any Income Tax, and is working hard to add "teeth" to the state's 'Right-to-know' law (Here is an interview with him) I also know that at least 1 libertarian-democrat is planning to run in this same district in 2010

Very interesting. Well, from what I've been reading, the physical House isn't divided by a central aisle ... I suppose that's appropriate if the typical party lines are shuffled up there.

alcamedes

« Reply #19 on: April 14, 2009, 10:26:38 pm »

Truth told, things aren't so bad here, but we keep electing a slithy douche called Rick Perry, who will stay in office til they plant the

What do you know, Rick Perry took a frickin' stand. Thank God. Hopefully it's ends up being more than rhetoric. I'm sure you all have seen it. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LHrIxc-QyE

Happy Tuesday
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up