Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down

Author Topic: Bus tours of the state during PorcFest  (Read 11402 times)

schismatized

• Volatile Volition
Re: Bus tours of the state during PorcFest
« Reply #15 on: May 17, 2009, 09:49:16 pm »

thanks for the tip, keith!

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2009, 08:52:55 am »

If you already live here and would like to be a host/greeter to one of the bus tour groups, let me know.  You can help convince prospective participants to MAKE THE MOVE!

Stops on Wednesday will be in Seacoast area, probably Dover, Durham, and Portsmouth.
Stops on Thursday will include Concord and Manchester.

If you want a ride back up to Lancaster from any of the stops, that can be arranged if space is available.  But you'd need a ride home at the end of the festival.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

tsputerbaugh

« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2009, 09:54:02 pm »

Hi, I'm going to be the tour guide for Seacoast bus tour.

Just letting any interested forum readers know that the Seacoast tour will consist of:
-Mt. Washington/North Conway drive-by
-Rochester, Dover drive through
-Lunch in beautiful historic downtown Portsmouth / meet & greet with Seacoast liberty folks
-Beautiful drive along NH's fabulous Gold Coast [Portsmouth, Rye, Hampton]
-Fun in the sun afternoon at Hampton Beach: arcades, souvenir shops, swimming, lounging, fried dough!
-Back to camp via Exeter, Manchester, Concord

Since it is a 3 hour haul from Lancaster to Ports, we will be leaving early. 8:00 AM.
Lunch will be in our own dining room at McMenemy's Pub in Ports. Haven't the final menu yet, but prices should be ~$7-$10.
Bring beach gear: towel/swim suit/etc; money for souvenir shops, arcades, etc, if you like.

-Todd
« Last Edit: June 14, 2009, 10:07:42 pm by tsputerbaugh »

freedomroad

« Reply #18 on: June 15, 2009, 12:00:44 am »

Hi, I'm going to be the tour guide for Seacoast bus tour.

Just letting any interested forum readers know that the Seacoast tour will consist of:
-Mt. Washington/North Conway drive-by
-Rochester, Dover drive through
-Lunch in beautiful historic downtown Portsmouth / meet & greet with Seacoast liberty folks
-Beautiful drive along NH's fabulous Gold Coast [Portsmouth, Rye, Hampton]
-Fun in the sun afternoon at Hampton Beach: arcades, souvenir shops, swimming, lounging, fried dough!
-Back to camp via Exeter, Manchester, Concord

Since it is a 3 hour haul from Lancaster to Ports, we will be leaving early. 8:00 AM.
Lunch will be in our own dining room at McMenemy's Pub in Ports. Haven't the final menu yet, but prices should be ~$7-$10.
Bring beach gear: towel/swim suit/etc; money for souvenir shops, arcades, etc, if you like.

-Todd

8:00am is fucking early to leave a campground.  I won't even be there so don't volunteer me but I'd either offer to wake the folks up at 7am or move it to 9am if I was you.  Maybe you can ask folks if they want you to wake them up at 7am.  If so, get their campsite # and the color of their tent.

tsputerbaugh

« Reply #19 on: June 15, 2009, 05:41:11 am »

Watch the cussing there, young man. I thought this was a family forum.

Yes 8:00 AM is fucking early, but the Seacoast is fucking far from Lancaster, 7 hours drive time total. Damn, now I'm cussing!

If you are going to allow anytime to see or do anything, and get back to camp before pitch black dark or very late, then earlier is better. I was worried about the time, too, and have discussed it with the Porcfest organizers and my Seacoast compadres. The general consensus from those folks was that, given the distance, having people meet at the bus at 8, and then hit the road soon thereafter, seemed reasonable, if uncomfortable.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2009, 07:06:00 am »

the Grafton Welcome Wagon will be open during Porcfest except on Saturday, so if you want to drop by the farm sometime, you are welcome to visit with the Porcupines that are staying in town during the festival.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

tsavage2

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2009, 08:24:59 am »

I am driving up from VA.  Is there a resource to get addresses and/or maps to these places of interest?  Grafton Farm, I assume, is your private property?  Folks will be gathering there before PF?? Excuse my ignorance......just trying to get my fuzzy little ducks in a straight row. 

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #22 on: June 16, 2009, 06:24:03 am »

I am driving up from VA.  Is there a resource to get addresses and/or maps to these places of interest?  Grafton Farm, I assume, is your private property?  Folks will be gathering there before PF?? Excuse my ignorance......just trying to get my fuzzy little ducks in a straight row. 
there will be porcupines hanging out before during and after porcfest at the Hoyt Farm in Grafton

directions at http://burningporcupine.org
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

tsavage2

« Reply #23 on: June 16, 2009, 08:33:07 pm »

Hey!  Thanks Russell.  I guess I'll be stopping by on my way up to Rogers.  Not sure as to which day I'll be there. I should be leaving VA on Thursday pm or Friday am.  My plans are not set in stone and so I could be meandering through most any day. I may hit Pete Seeger's little shindig in NY this weekend or possibly the Stonehenge Festival in Trout Run, PA before I find my way to NH. 

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 01:25:17 pm »

let us know if you can stop by our place in grafton

we are not exactly on the way ... from anywhere to Roger's campground ... but you can observe porcupines in their native habitat :)

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
« Reply #25 on: June 23, 2009, 01:40:37 pm »

Wednesday's tour to the Seacoast was canceled for lack of ridership.  There is a possibility of doing the trip on Friday.  Ask up at the registration desk for details.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up