Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Bus tours of the state during PorcFest  (Read 11927 times)

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
  • Arrived in NH on 9/03/07!
    • Mark Warden - Porcupine Real Estate
Bus tours of the state during PorcFest
« on: April 12, 2009, 06:42:18 pm »

Taking an informal survey here...
(This is for those of you readers who don't already live here in NH)

We plan to have "bus" tours around some parts of the state during the Festival this year, as in years past.  The bus is actually a 15-seat passenger van.

We're tentatively planning three daylong trips to:
- Portsmouth/Seacoast area
- Upper Valley (Lebanon/Hanover) and Grafton
- Merrimack Valley (Concord/Manchester)

Cost for a guided tour will be around $15.00.  These will likely take place on Wednesday and Thursday of PorcFest week.   

Which tour(s) would you be most interested in?  Who's in?  Answer here or PM me.

If you're an early mover and live here and would like to participate by either being a guide or meeting the group on its trek to your town, PM me.  Thanks.
www.PorcupineRealEstate.com
Mover #491
Allison James Estates & Homes
163 Amherst St Nashua NH 03064

riles p

Re: Bus tours of the state during PorcFest
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2009, 10:56:33 pm »

Two friends and myself would be interested in the tour(s)...where to doesn't matter too much, as this is our first visit to NH.

The coast would be awesome I'm sure, but all pictures I've seen of NH are beautiful, so we're game for anything.

schismatized

• Volatile Volition
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2009, 11:35:05 pm »

It would be cool to start these on the Wednesday before the event so we can view the state without missing out on the festivities.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2009, 06:55:11 am »

The Grafton Welcom Wagon will be ready for visitors that week.
We can host a tour group here at the Hoyt Farm on any of the days. People can also stop by anytime that week, since we will be holding down the fort here at the farm instead of visiting porcfest.

Someone from this area can also help out with details of a visit to say ... Dartmouth or other places I do not have insider info about. Maybe a visit to the Dartmouth Medical Center would be good for visiting nurse/research types. :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

teemuv

• http://en.teemuvalimaki.fi/
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 04:56:51 am »

Cost for a guided tour will be around $15.00.  These will likely take place on Wednesday and Thursday of PorcFest week.   

Which tour(s) would you be most interested in?  Who's in?  Answer here or PM me.
I'm interested in taking a tour. Total of two persons, actually. Wednesday before the festival would be best, I think.

We're tentatively planning three daylong trips to:
- Portsmouth/Seacoast area
I think this would be the most interesting, but I don't really have a strong opinion.

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2009, 09:12:32 pm »

Excellent.  We'll keep you posted.  Right now we're leaning towards 2 tours:  Seacoast and Merrimack Valley (Concord/Manchester).  We will also be able to suggest self-guided tours, although those aren't nearly as fun as the guided tours! 
Please post here or PM me with any questions and/or to indicate your interest.
We look forward to welcoming potential movers and showing off the Free State.
Mover #491

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2009, 10:41:58 pm »

Why is the Monadnock region being left out this year?
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2009, 11:33:57 pm »

I bet you could organize one on another day.

Too far ... not enough days I would guess .... or Maxx slipped him a gold piece to cut you out of the action
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

FTL_Ian

• FSP Participant/First 1000
  • Golden Porcupine
  • Former FSP, still in NH.
    • Free Keene - NH's Liberty Activism Destination
« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2009, 11:59:09 pm »

Too far ... not enough days I would guess .... or Maxx slipped him a gold piece to cut you out of the action

Eh, they should just come to Social Sundays after Porcfest.   ;)
150+ Reasons to Move to Keene : http://move.FreeKeene.com

Join the *other* liberty activism forum in NH: http://forum.shiresociety.com

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #9 on: May 07, 2009, 12:04:32 am »

Eh, they should just come to Social Sundays after Porcfest.   ;)

I don't know for sure, but I think it has to do with how far the drive would be.  If you did a special social sunday or something and advertised it, I'm sure you'd get good turnout.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Porcupine Realtor

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: May 07, 2009, 05:48:08 am »

I'd be happy to help organize an informal tour of the Monadnock region on Tuesday the 23rd or Sunday the 28th to offer to PorcFest visitors.  We could print out some maps and stops along the way and try coordinate a couple carpools from Lancaster to Keene and back.  If there is enough interest, we can open another thread and see what the level of interest is.
Mover #491

dalebert

• FSP Participant
    • Flaming Freedom
« Reply #11 on: May 07, 2009, 06:48:48 am »

The distance isn't a good reason as it's about the same as the Merrimack region. Google map it (remember to adjust the route slightly because GMaps is retarded sometimes). But the shorter time probably is a good reason. I like the idea of setting up our own visit for earlier in the week via a carpool run by volunteer Keeniacs or a rented van or whatever. I like giving people encouragement to come earlier and enjoy the str8-up party time of Porcfest before all the official stuph starts anyway. That's why I'm doing my pancake breakfast on Tuesday morning.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 10:31:13 pm »

I like Russell's suggestion about Social Sunday. 
i like the idea
and I don't even have to come up with it to get credit ;)

schismatized

• Volatile Volition
« Reply #13 on: May 12, 2009, 10:29:11 am »

I'd be happy to help organize an informal tour of the Monadnock region on Tuesday the 23rd or Sunday the 28th to offer to PorcFest visitors.  We could print out some maps and stops along the way and try coordinate a couple carpools from Lancaster to Keene and back.  If there is enough interest, we can open another thread and see what the level of interest is.

/interested

freedomroad

« Reply #14 on: May 17, 2009, 01:08:56 am »

/interested

Dale has expressed interest in this, http://forum.freekeene.com/index.php?topic=952.0
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up