Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Possible relocation sites  (Read 1865 times)

firefox702

• MORT AU TIRANTS!
Possible relocation sites
« on: October 14, 2002, 01:23:44 pm »

I am originally from CA, and love my two seasons(summer and almost summer)> Why are the discussions seemingly always centred on the "arctic zone"? Granted, freedom is great, but i don't like freezing half the year. Also, what MUST be considered is the necessity for any state to have seaport(s)- the main reason being that if the Central Comittee (or, the reichstag) in the DC Kremlin decide that they are going to restrict the lawlessness of the project , (not to mention tariff free international ability), why then are landlocked states even being considered?  Have not Washington Stae or Oregon been considered?  The interior of Wash. is more temperate much of the time ,as well as, I have been told, oregon.  Stragegically, ANY new site must be considered as a potential target for action from the federal government since the tendency of such action to spread would be regarded as a threat to the Empire and subject to santions or even attack. (Bgi governmnet does't lioke large-scale challenges to its percieved monoply on the moral and/or legal high ground. N'es pas?

heyerstandards

• Who's guarding the guards?
Re:Possible relocation sites
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2002, 04:16:49 pm »

Check the FAQs for the "why not here or there" stuff.  

All great changes occur with a combination of money, time, and personal effort.  If you cannot make the personal effort (shivering), that's fine. If you're committed to the cause, then send in some bucks now, or help someone move out there when the time comes, or donate to whatever political party is created from this movement.

If the district of criminals wants to pick a fight with one of the several united States, that cannot be avoided.  (We would likely have 2 Senators, at least 1 rep, a governor, AG, etc, plus a Secretary of State to send ambassadors, so we will have a vocal contingent against any punitive action against the [Free State].) At a minimum I would expect our "federal highway dollars" or other slave bait to be withdrawn. But hey, there's nothing they give us that they don't already steal from us.

The best we can do is stay within the election laws, provide due process to voters, and stick to our principals.  
Godspeed.

Is government sometimes useful? Answered Mencken:

So is a doctor. But suppose the dear fellow claimed the right, every time he was called in to prescribe for a bellyache..., to raid the family silver, use the family tooth-brushes, and execute the droit de seigneur upon the housemaid.

lloydbob1

Re:Possible relocation sites
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2003, 05:13:10 pm »

Firefox702
I thought California had 4 seasons: summer, fire, mudslide and earthquake!
Seriously, I have lived in New England for most of my life, some of it in Maine.
When I was young, I hated winter. I hated it because I was never prepared for it. Once I learned the value of wearing layering to keep warm, having a vehicle with a good battery and antifreeze and giving myself plenty of time to get somewhere when the weather is incliment, winter was much easier to take, sometimes beautiful! Spring, when we get one and summer and fall more than make up for winter.
Lloyd
Pages: [1]   Go Up