Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Residency Question  (Read 1526 times)

TacyTraverso

• FSP Participant
Residency Question
« on: April 13, 2009, 03:39:30 pm »

Hiya folks,

Okay, so I'm accepted at UNH but only my out of state tuition will be covered by my "award", and this includes me having to borrow $12k in loans.  :(   Tuition would be significantly less if I am considered a NH resident.

How long would it take to establish NH residency? 

If there are any professors from UNH on here, I'd really like to PM with you to discuss the school.  My concern is that it's not very high ranked and I don't know how much that reflects the actual education quality.  FYI, I'm an anthropology major, but if I choose UNH, I will double major in Art and complete the Art Teacher certification program.

I will also have to work full-time. 

Cheers,

32 year old student and FSP'er
"Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today and you can make your tomorrow." - L. Ron Hubbard

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - Robert A. Heinlein

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
Re: Residency Question
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2009, 04:54:06 pm »

It usually takes 1 year to establish in-state residency.  After you've been in the state for a year, you can just apply to the school as an in-state student and get in-state tuition.  It's pretty much impossible, once you've started your school, to switch from out of state to in-state.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

TacyTraverso

• FSP Participant
Re: Residency Question
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2009, 10:00:59 pm »

thanks!  no i just need to decide where to go to college.
"Never regret yesterday. Life is in you today and you can make your tomorrow." - L. Ron Hubbard

"Do or do not, there is no try." - Yoda

"Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - Robert A. Heinlein
Pages: [1]   Go Up