Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Disappointed in FSP numbers?  (Read 16900 times)

odigity

Re: Disappointed in FSP numbers?
« Reply #30 on: April 16, 2009, 04:20:07 am »

I just noticed that the giant, long, rambling FSP newsletters don't even have a direct link for donating.

They should take one month and just make the newsletter a short and sweet solicitation for donations.

Yes and no.  It's always a turn-off to me to get literature (like campaign for liberty or JBS) that is just a solicitation.  Let's not turn the newsletter into that, it risks people unsubscribing.

I agree that *part* of the newsletter should be a pitch, like a standard section at the bottom.  However, reading the discussion in this thread about methods and average costs is very informing - and inspiring.  It's exciting to see a concrete relationship between resources expended and results achieved.  This kind of no-nonsense information is what motivates rational people to buy into a product (this is sales, after all) with enthusiasm.  I would agree that perhaps expanding the donation pitch to include this information could be very effective.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #31 on: April 16, 2009, 06:13:22 am »

I agree
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

lloydbob1

« Reply #32 on: April 16, 2009, 06:50:39 am »

Newsletter are sent to members of the choir.  If we're talking printed newsletters, some pamphlets or book marks (with the contact info) added to the mailing can be passed around by the subscribers.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2009, 08:22:59 am »

I just noticed that the giant, long, rambling FSP newsletters don't even have a direct link for donating.

They should take one month and just make the newsletter a short and sweet solicitation for donations.

Yes and no.  It's always a turn-off to me to get literature (like campaign for liberty or JBS) that is just a solicitation.  Let's not turn the newsletter into that, it risks people unsubscribing.

I agree that *part* of the newsletter should be a pitch, like a standard section at the bottom.  However, reading the discussion in this thread about methods and average costs is very informing - and inspiring.  It's exciting to see a concrete relationship between resources expended and results achieved.  This kind of no-nonsense information is what motivates rational people to buy into a product (this is sales, after all) with enthusiasm.  I would agree that perhaps expanding the donation pitch to include this information could be very effective.

Agreed.
I find it very cool the FSP doesn't beg for money ALL the time like C4L and Center for Small Government or DownSizeDC (used to).

But a small blurb at the end would be cool in fact it could mention a specific project to donate to.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: April 16, 2009, 12:45:44 pm »

Agreed.
I find it very cool the FSP doesn't beg for money ALL the time like C4L and Center for Small Government or DownSizeDC (used to).

Gah, I think I'm getting something from C4L just about every other day now. They're about to go on my bounce list. "Obama said this: give us money!"

But a small blurb at the end would be cool in fact it could mention a specific project to donate to.

No matter what, the link should at least be in there. Couldn't hurt to also communicate how various funds are being used in any newsletter. So potential donors know their money isn't being squandered.

Denis Goddard

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
  • Free the Mallocs!
    • Free State Blogs
« Reply #35 on: April 16, 2009, 10:13:59 pm »

Yeah, the C4L mails go to my trash, too. Both email and physical. Both just begging.

So, yeah, I'm down with a section of the newsletter, hear the bottom or wherever.
It should DEFINITELY say what FSP donation money is used for, ie, "advertising in new media like Facebook", "running the Liberty Forum and Porcfest", etc.

rossby

• Director of Development
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: April 16, 2009, 10:25:37 pm »

Yeah, the C4L mails go to my trash, too. Both email and physical. Both just begging.

The irony is right after I wrote that this afternoon, I received another spam soliciation from C4L. They call me ALL THE DAMN TIME too. And it's a DC number so it's harder for me to filter out.  ... and somehow my name is in their as "Mrs." Fantastic.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #37 on: April 16, 2009, 11:30:36 pm »

The irony is right after I wrote that this afternoon, I received another spam soliciation from C4L. They call me ALL THE DAMN TIME too. And it's a DC number so it's harder for me to filter out.  ... and somehow my name is in their as "Mrs." Fantastic.
first name betsy

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #38 on: April 18, 2009, 07:22:04 am »

one of the bennies of living in the Shire ... you can filter out all the DC calls

lucky they just call instead of demanding money like the irs
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

lloydbob1

« Reply #39 on: April 18, 2009, 07:23:58 am »

DC?  Comic Books......Right?

BagOfEyebrows

« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2009, 07:27:58 am »

... and somehow my name is in their as "Mrs." Fantastic.

oooh...

hee hee hee!  ;)

BagOfEyebrows

« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2009, 07:48:36 am »

While I wish the number was up to the 20k already, I wouldn't say I'm disappointed.  Livid might be a better word.  Intensely irate about it would be another choice.

But, having a pretty good idea of why the 20k wasn't reached, and possibly won't be, I let the anger go and focus on doing what I can now that my family is here.  It doesn't take twenty thousand people to revive the liberty and freedom spirit this nation got founded upon.  New movers continue to filter in, many of them not even registered FSP members (for very logical reasons) so the FSP numbers grow in much larger numbers than the counter on the page reflects.

There was already a very liberty minded native sector here in NH that easily and far surpasses the 20,000. 

A lot of the time, effort and energy of first movers is spent trying to get them back into the political bodies they long ago (or recently) 'gave up' on when their own local governments got infiltrated by previous 'movers' to NH bent on turning it into Massachusetts.  One town or city at a time.  So, using that same format, just getting each town or city back to its orginal standing is a good start, and the natives ARE getting back in (sometimes without even knowing an FSPer or being prompted by anything but the realization that if they do nothing it will just get worse and worse.)

Votes are very, very close in town/city government - that's the data to pay most attention to, because it can literally come down to one or two votes now - for budgets or other items.

I seriously believe and think it's possible that by simply reawakening the 'burnt out' liberty/freedom sector, we'll have double, if not triple, if not quadruple the amount of liberty activists first speculated as neccesary to restoring liberty here in NH. 

WendellBerry

« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2009, 03:05:01 pm »

I seriously believe and think it's possible that by simply reawakening the 'burnt out' liberty/freedom sector, we'll have double, if not triple, if not quadruple the amount of liberty activists first speculated as neccesary to restoring liberty here in NH. 

The only way this is going to be successful is to reach out in a serious way to the left in a way that address their "social justice" concerns.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2009, 06:27:45 am »

While I wish the number was up to the 20k already, I wouldn't say I'm disappointed.  Livid might be a better word.  Intensely irate about it would be another choice.
Do you live in NH?

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2009, 02:21:42 pm »

Do you live in NH?
I think she does.

And Wendel... we are reaching out to left libs.
If you know of some groups we should reach out to by all means post a thread on it.  And start recruiting them.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up