Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Disappointed in FSP numbers?  (Read 16890 times)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Disappointed in FSP numbers?
« Reply #60 on: April 27, 2009, 05:28:21 am »

A successful team is one where members identify problems, and where the entire team pulls together to solve those problems and move ahead.

That doesn't happen without top-down leadership.  No all-volunteer organization runs like that.  The way the FSP works is that individuals identify the problems they see and then work to fix them themselves.
It was to be top down in teams.. Max is right here.  When the FSP has 'team oriented' tasks.... we tend to be successful.. An individual working a project can also be successful but oftentimes the project is bigger than one person.

RichW

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #61 on: April 27, 2009, 01:43:15 pm »

JeffersonSpirit, yes, there's a chart like that.  Go to the FSP main page and click on the counter in the top right.  That will take you to this page.

Looks like the charts have not been updated in a while.
"... it does not require a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen to set brush fires in people's minds...."  ~  Samuel Adams

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #62 on: April 27, 2009, 01:46:43 pm »

JeffersonSpirit, yes, there's a chart like that.  Go to the FSP main page and click on the counter in the top right.  That will take you to this page.

Looks like the charts have not been updated in a while.

I believe they're updated in real time.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2009, 12:53:47 pm »

I'm just curious if alot of long time members are disappointed in the number of participants, early movers and friends? I assume most of you don't regreat moving to NH or being involved. Even with a small number of active people they can get alot done and built a strong community. But does it seem like it's dragging on and on?"Where's the damn 20,000 already?" Has anyone moved to NH and then left?

Some things I've read from the site.

"500 liberty activists move so far (and 1,000 pledged to move by the end of 2008)"
Irena Goddard, November 15, 2007

Free State Project Participation Guidelines
"Should the Project never attract 20,000 signers, the move shall be aborted."

Technically, the original pledge is meaningless.  The five year mark came and went, and we still don't have the first 10k signers, yet.  There are several key reasons that we don't have 20k movers (which I am not allowed to state publicly--PM me if you want to know why I think that it's this way), and it's unlikely that any of those problems are going to be addressed any time soon.

So, yes.
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #64 on: April 29, 2009, 07:56:32 pm »

plus it all doesn't matter.

Give us 3000-5000 political types.
1000 non politicals.......
combined with the locals in each group
and we will make HUGE strides.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #65 on: April 29, 2009, 09:08:03 pm »

and actually i get excited every time I see the counters
over 9000 now and still at almost 20/week
just think if half of those people eventually moved here ... 10 people rolling in week after week

most of these guys that move are activists ... they are rockin and rollin
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

maxxoccupancy

• Evil prevails when good men don't vote Libertarian
    • fija.org
« Reply #66 on: April 30, 2009, 11:14:23 pm »

The only issue that matters to me as a recruiter is one:

How can I get one more...
If you are interested in putting together an IT-creative firm to help provide jobs for liberty folks in the future, send me a Personal Message.
"The Free State Project is an agreement among 20,000 pro-liberty activists to move to New Hampshire, where they will exert the fullest practical effort toward the creation of a society in which the maximum role of government is the protection of life, liberty, and property."
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up