Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Down

Author Topic: 15) Health News & Statist Health Threats  (Read 79280 times)

MK

• AKA Markus
Re: New Food Co-op Meeting Tonight in Concord
« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2009, 10:00:42 am »

I appreciate seeing what are supposed to be the ideal foods to eat and I'd certainly like to try and eat healthier but the "recipes"
"Protein meal: 1-4 raw eggs, water, vinegar, 2oz. of meat"  (Blend it up and enjoy..  I think perhaps I could drop a few pounds by imagining the picture of what that drink would look and taste like...and thus causing me to lose my appetite). 

I'm sure similar "stuph" is available in a form that I'm more used too and I"ll certainly check it out.   

I think the Co-Op is a great idea and hope there's plenty of interest in it (I think I'll start with more peanuts, beans & veggies).

The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re Protein meal plan
« Reply #16 on: April 23, 2009, 08:51:46 pm »

* Pessimist. The blending part is for a very healthful & tasty salad dressing. The main dish isn't blended up.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2009, 07:26:51 am by Luck »

Luck

• FSP Participant
2nd New Food Co-op Meeting, Wed April 29
« Reply #17 on: April 26, 2009, 08:46:47 pm »

Food Coop Forming
http://altexpo.org/co-op
* 29 April 2009, Wednesday - 6:30 PM, 2nd organizational meeting
If you want to come to the second organizing meeting, please write to us at co-opmemsec@AltExpo.org (Co-op Membership Secretary).
Meeting place (business meetings and product pick-up):
Liberty Books
75 Allison Street
Concord, New-Hampshire
tel: 223-0335
* We have big plans for the co-op, not just for food, but all kinds of stuff. It would be great to get several other pick-up places for food etc, if anyone's interested in having them in the areas of Portsmouth, Nashua, Keen etc. Concord is the first place for that.
* Read the previous message for further details at http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=17549.msg211187#msg211187.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 05:50:18 pm by Luck »

Luck

• FSP Participant
Food Nazis Raid Farm
« Reply #18 on: May 02, 2009, 08:35:21 am »

Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund
* Here's Libertarian Dr. Mercola's current article about Ohio Dept of Fascism's raid on an Ohio farm family. This is more proof that the ruling class wants everyone to consume only their expensive junk food, so people get increasingly unhealthy and have to use the major drug companies' expensive junk medicine and die quicker, while simultaneously enriching the ruling class.

Unconscionable Police Raid on Family's Home and Organic Food Co-Op
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2009/05/02/Unconscionable-Police-Raid-on-Familys-Home-and-Organic-Food-CoOp.aspx

- Steps have been taken to start legal action against the Ohio Department of Agriculture (ODA) and the Lorain County Health Department for violating the constitutional rights of John and Jacqueline Stowers of LaGrange, Ohio.
- The Stowers operate an organic food cooperative called Manna Storehouse. ODA and Lorain County Health Department agents forcefully raided their home and seized the family's personal food supply, cell phones and personal computers.
- On the morning of December 1, 2008, law enforcement officers forcefully entered the Stowers' residence without first announcing they were police or stating the purpose of the visit. With guns drawn, they swiftly and immediately moved to the upstairs of the home, where ten children were in the middle of a home-schooling lesson. Officers then moved Jacqueline Stowers and her children to their living room, where they were held for more than six hours.
- There has never been a complaint filed against Manna Storehouse or the Stowers related to the quality or healthfulness of the food distributed through the co-op.

Dr. Mercola''s Comments
- Seems I’ve been reporting on ever increasing, and downright shocking losses of freedom in the U.S. over the past couple of years, and listening to the Stowers’ personal account in the video above shows that this is no exception.
- This is simply inexcusable government intrusion on the freedom of choice of American consumers – your right to chose nutritious, organic and locally grown foods, and to save money by buying in bulk through a community co-op.

Was the Raid on Manna Storehouse Justified?
    In December last year, the Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund (FTCLDF) joined forces with the Buckeye Institute’s 1851 Center for Constitutional Law in filing a civil lawsuit against the Ohio Department of Agriculture and the Lorrain County Health Department for performing an illegal raid on the Stowers family residence in La Grange, Ohio.
    The Stowers had run a community co-op called Manna Storehouse since 1999. The 60 regular members pooled their resources and bought food in bulk from organic growers across the state of Ohio, which enabled them get discounts on the healthiest foods available, such as grass-fed beef, free-range poultry, organic eggs and produce, raw milk and cheese —all produced without man-made chemicals, hormones, pesticides, dyes, or additives.
    Those of you who read this newsletter on a regular basis are well aware that this type of diet is a powerful way for many to achieve and maintain optimal health and longevity, especially if you eat according to your nutritional type. It’s even more important if you suffer with any type of food allergies, intolerance to chemical additives, or chronic illness.
    The problem, according to the Feds, stems from the fact that the Stowers were selling foods without a retail license. However, they were not selling to the general public, only to co-op members who pay a membership fee and agree to take full responsibility for the food they purchase, which exempts them from requiring a license, according to the FTCLDF and the Buckeye Institute who are now defending them.

Said FTCLDF President Pete Kennedy,
         “We joined in this suit because it furthers the mission of the Fund, which is to protect and defend the rights of farmers and consumers to have direct commerce with each other free from governmental interference and harassment.
        We hope that the Lorrain County Court of Common Pleas recognizes that government is overreaching in this case and is basically engaged in intimidation tactics to frighten people into believing that they cannot provide food for themselves.”
   FTCLDF General Counsel Gary Cox added,
        “This is an example where, once again, the government is trying to deny people their inalienable, fundamental right to produce and consume the foods of their choice. The purpose of our complaint is to correct that wrong.”

Violating Constitutional Rights in the Name of… What?
    The Fourth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution, and Section 14, Article 1 of the Ohio Constitution, guarantees the right of peaceful citizens to be free from paramilitary police raids, searches and seizures. And yet these types of constitutional breaches over food, nutritional supplements, and wholesome alternative remedies are performed at an ever increasing rate.
    For example, just as the consumption of raw milk is growing in America, so are heavy-handed attempts by state officials in some states to kill it. They've confiscated thousands of dollars worth of food, which is often all it takes to bankrupt a business and squelch a movement.
    You’re not even safe carrying organic personal care products across state or country borders, as getting caught with certain products can lead to being thrown in jail for possession of illegal drugs, due to flawed drug testing kits.
    Forceful raids and sweeping searches and seizures are not “routine,” and exceed the authority granted to Ohio Department of Agriculture (ODA) and county health departments.
    The lawsuit filed by the Buckeye Institute and FTCLDF maintains that the paramilitary style execution of a search warrant against a peaceful family whose only alleged crime was failure to obtain a permit – which is a third degree misdemeanor under state law – is clearly unconstitutional.
    The armed agents from the ODA, the Loraine County Department of Health, and the local police carried the type of search warrant used to bust potentially violent and dangerous drug dealers!

How You Can Help Protect Your Rights 
    The Farm-to-Consumer Legal Defense Fund is a non-profit organization made up of farmers and consumers joining together and pooling resources to:
        * Protect the constitutional right of the nation’s family farms to provide processed and unprocessed farm foods directly to consumers through any legal means
        * Protect the constitutional right of consumers to obtain unprocessed and processed farm foods directly from family farms
        * Protect the nation’s family farms from harassment by federal, state, and local government interference with food production and on-farm food
    If you want to help the fund carry out their mission, and help farmers and citizens like the Stowers with their legal defense costs, you can make a donation to the fund by going to this site.
    Remember, today, conventional agriculture uses an arsenal of more than 600 pesticides – enough to ensure that about three pounds of it ends up on your plate every year, if you consume conventionally-grown produce.
    And the routine use of antibiotics, synthetic hormones, and genetically modified organisms to beef up yields has created a number of serious health concerns, including early puberty and an array of new allergies.
    If you want to be optimally healthy, knowing what you eat and where it comes from is of prime importance, and belonging to a co-op is a great way to save money while ensuring your family eats well. 
    For more information on where to find wholesome, organic and locally grown foods, please check out my Sustainable Agriculture page.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 05:51:31 pm by Luck »

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Libertarian Health Dept. - Forced Vaccines
« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2009, 10:53:41 pm »

Flu Vaccines & Others
* Be informed about flu vaccine etc:
http://www.pandemicfluonline.com/?page_id=137
* Vaccines, according to researchers, have never been proven to be safe or effective and diseases that vaccines are credited with reducing actually greatly declined before vaccines were used for such diseases, indicating that the real cause of the declines in diseases was something else, probably improvement in public sanitation, such as cleaner water and food. The jackboots are apparently preparing to do forced vaccination of everyone, starting this fall. However, a worldwide economic crash, starting in the U.S., is said to be likely in mid-October, I think due to financial statements of each state, or rather of the Federal government, being made public about then .... This may lead to public panic, a run on the banks etc. If that happens, maybe the forced vaccination campaign will be hard to implement. Or maybe there will be martial law and it will be easier to enforce.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 05:54:07 pm by Luck »

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Libertarian Health Dept.
« Reply #20 on: February 09, 2010, 05:59:48 pm »

List of Health Problems & Natural Remedies
* I'm compiling a condensed list of health problems and natural remedies at:
http://nhc.lefora.com/2010/02/08/natural-remedies
* The main source of info for the list is http://www.home-remedies-for-you.com
* Another source I was just told about is http://www.tbyil.com/remedies.htm
* Those are the best organized sources I know of so far. There is less organized info at my site, http://nhc.lefora.com , and at several other good sites, which I hope to add to the list eventually.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 05:54:58 pm by Luck »

Luck

• FSP Participant
Another Reason against Hospital Birthing
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2010, 12:15:09 pm »

DNA Screening of All Newborns in Hospitals
I just heard about this on a tv science show lately. Bush signed into law the Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act on April 24, 2008. This act allows hospitals to take blood from newborns without parents' knowledge or permission to study their DNA for unknown purposes. They come up with great names for their worst bills, don't they? Like "Patriot" Act. I think the plutocrats who buy U.S. politicians to make such laws are the same racists who brought Hitler to power and have been using fascism, imperialism, communism etc as means to maintain their own power and to reduce human population via overt and covert genocide. I think many retroviruses, vaccines, drugs, chemtrails, HAARP-like antenna arrays, covert operations etc are intended for these 2 purposes. I also think their power is ending.

Here's part of an article about it from http://www.infowars.net/articles/may2008/020507DNA.htm
Bush Signs Bill To Take All Newborns' DNA
Health Council, Congressman Ron Paul warn new law could pave the way for a national DNA database

Steve Watson
http://Infowars.net
Friday, May 2, 2008

President Bush last week signed into law a bill which will see the federal government begin to screen the DNA of all newborn babies in the U.S. within six months, a move critics have described as the first step towards the establishment of a national DNA database.

Described as a "national contingency plan" the justification for the new law S. 1858, known as The Newborn Screening Saves Lives Act of 2007, is that it represents preparation for any sort of "public health emergency."

The bill states that the federal government should "continue to carry out, coordinate, and expand research in newborn screening" and "maintain a central clearinghouse of current information on newborn screening... ensuring that the clearinghouse is available on the Internet and is updated at least quarterly".

Sections of the bill also make it clear that DNA may be used in genetic experiments and tests.

Read the full bill here.
http://www.govtrack.us/congress/bill.xpd?bill=s110-1858
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 05:55:58 pm by Luck »

sandm000

• Brian
Re: Libertarian Doctor on Health [Cell phone safety etc]
« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2010, 08:04:32 am »

There was a man who took a drink
but now he'll drink no more
for what he thought was H2O
was H2SO4.

That doesn't even rhyme.
Oh, wait I'm supposed to read the letters and numbers?
Oh, that's mildly humorous.
A government is not legitimate merely because it exists. 
-Jeane J. Kirkpatrick

The government's War on Poverty has transformed poverty from a short-term misfortune into a career choice.-Harry Browne

We have a system that increasingly taxes work and subsidizes non-work.-Milton Friedman

Jeff Jones

Re: Libertarian Health Dept. (Update: Avoid Hospital Birthing)
« Reply #23 on: March 09, 2010, 04:48:36 pm »

Hey Luck- Do you have any advice about avoiding and preventing candida?  Are you in the belief that candida is linked to cancer?  also, I just recently stopped processed sugar.  What do you think the best substitute for sugar is. I have been using Stevia, however in some things stevia has a very bitter after-taste.  are there any other all natural sugar subs, not like aspartame, or splenda- deadly poisons. 
And people wonder why I am an anarchist!!!!!

Jeff

Luck

• FSP Participant
Candida & Sugar
« Reply #24 on: March 23, 2010, 11:09:24 am »

Candida & Sweeteners
* I'm late replying because I've been in the process of moving back to NH from my home town near St. Louis. It'll take me a while to get resettled here, as I'm looking for a new location.
* I have an article on Candida or Yeast Infection at http://nhc.lefora.com/2010/03/23/6 - The article mentions that yeast infection can contribute to cancer.
* The best substitute for sugar is probably bananas. Xylitol is an alcohol that tastes very much like sugar, but I don't know if it's completely harmless to the liver, kidneys etc. The main problem with sugar seems to be the fact that it's 50% fructose and fructose is metabolized into fat and uric acid. The other 50% is glucose and that's what our bodies need for energy etc, although excess glucose seems to raise blood sugar levels, which raises insulin levels and causes Diabetes and rapid aging by making AGE = Aging Generating Eicosanoids.
* Here's a list of sweeteners in order of probably most to least healthfulness.
[Note: In this list where it says Fructose, I think it's supposed to say Total Sugars. Fructose is usually about half of the total.]
Bananas [4% Fructose]
Other Fruits [3-8% Fructose]
Lactose = Milk Sugar [0% Fructose]
Stevia = Protein [0% Fructose]
Xylitol = Alcohol [0% Fructose]
Dried Fruits, Unsweetened [~20% Fructose]
Molasses [?% Fructose]
Maple Syrup [?% Fructose]
[The rest seem to be correct.]
Honey [40+% Fructose]
Sugar [50% Fructose]
Corn Syrup [?% Fructose]
Fructose [100% Fructose]
Artificial Sweeteners [Poison]
* Bananas:
can be sliced into foods, or mashed, or blended;
blended with ice & water taste like icecream:
- add a drop or 2 of vanilla for vanilla icecream taste;
- add strawberries for strawberry icecream taste;
- add chocolate or carob powder for chocolate icecream taste;
blended with cold water taste like milk shake;
can be mashed in dish, then oats & hot water etc added for oatmeal;
can be peeled & placed in the peel & frozen to get icecream taste [they're easier to remove from the peel, if pre-peeled; they tend to stick to dinnerware etc more than to pre-peeled peels].
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 05:57:02 pm by Luck »

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Libertarian Health Dept. (Update: Edible Wild Plants)
« Reply #25 on: April 04, 2010, 01:49:33 pm »

New England EDIBLE WILD PLANTS [Edible parts are listed.]
* Acorns - Reduce tannic acid by soaking 3 days after removing outer shell - white oak acorns have tannic acid
* Broadhead Arrowhead (Wapato) - Poisonous look-alikes: Arrow arum
Tubers, buds and fruits
* Burdock - first year root
* Cattail - Poisonous lookalikes: Wild Iris - only cattail has the brown seed spike
spike, shoots, inner core, pollen used like flour
* Cleavers or bedstraw - entire stalk
* Red Clover - flowers
* Oxeye daisy - buds and greens
* Dandelion - entire plant
* Curly Dock - leaves
* Wild Garlic and Wild Onion - Poisonous lookalikes: Death Camas, Daffodil - smell separates it from poisonous plants
* Japanese knotweed - stalk
* Kudzu - entire plant, Flower Blossoms
* Maple - boil sap
* Mustard - leaves
* Pine - needles, Inner bark, Seeds
* Sea rocket - flowers, leaves and seed pods
* Stinging nettle - stems and leaves
* Watercress - leaves
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 05:58:00 pm by Luck »

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
Re: Candida & Sugar / another good website
« Reply #26 on: April 04, 2010, 05:10:37 pm »

* Here's a list of sweeteners in order of probably most to least healthfulness.
Bananas [4% Fructose]
Other Fruits [3-8% Fructose]
Lactose = Milk Sugar [0% Fructose]
Stevia = Protein [0% Fructose]
Xylitol = Alcohol [0% Fructose]
Dried Fruits, Unsweetened [~20% Fructose]
Molasses [?% Fructose]
Maple Syrup [?% Fructose]
Honey [40+% Fructose]
Sugar [50% Fructose]
Corn Syrup [?% Fructose]
Fructose [100% Fructose]
Artificial Sweeteners [Poison]

Where would you put jicama on this list? My mother, a raw food vegan, likes to mix it with more bitter things to sweeten them, I don't know if you could get a liquid or powder form out of it.

I also recommend the nutritional information on this website:
http://www.herballegacy.com/Recipes.html
The website is about the writings and research of the late Dr John Christopher, ND/MH (Naturopathic doctor and master herbalist), and most of the content is about medicinal herbs. His son, David Christopher MH still runs the School of Natural Healing, in Springville, Utah, which John started when the FDA/AMA/etc stopped him from practicing medicine. Many stories of amazing healing events (by a combination of herbal treatment and dietary modification) from his practice are also on the site. There are some religious references in the stories on the site, (he was a devout Mormon) but I believe most of the information about use of herbs and foods is useful even to atheists.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

Luck

• FSP Participant

Jicama
* Fisrt I'll answer the question about jicama. I believe jicama is a starch and that starches consist of glucose, no fructose. I could be wrong, but I don't think so. The trouble with starches is that they generally aren't sweet, but I suppose having something bitter with them may make them seem sweet.

* http://SonakiShowerHeads.com

Protect the Hearth from Chlorine Exposure
Attention! Discover How to Protect Yourself from the Dangers of Chlorine Exposure to your Heart

In the mid-1960s, Dr. Joseph Price, author of “Coronaries/Cholesterol/Chlorine,” wanted to prove the deleterious effect of long-term ingestion of chlorinated drinking water. Dr. Price divided a number of chickens into two groups, one group to be given only chlorinated water to drink for their entire lives, the other, the control group, only non-chlorinated water. The results of this experiment were quite alarming.

According to Dr. Price’s findings, every chicken that was given the chlorinated water over the course of their lives showed varying degrees of heart and circulatory system damage. The chickens that were given non-chlorinated water showed no such damage. Additionally, the group of chickens that were given only non-chlorinated water grew quicker, and presented far fewer problems with their general health.

The Ravages of Chlorine

Chlorine added to our drinking water supply is fast becoming a serious health problem, not only here in the U.S., but world-wide. This addition of chlorine is meant to disinfect our water and water distribution systems, the water pipes that bring the water to our homes and businesses. Chlorine is not used, however, because it is the most diligent, or even the safest method of disinfecting our water. Chlorine is used primarily because it is the cheapest way.

This cost-effective tap-water disinfectant is very likely crippling us, and killing us in a number of ways. [For example: Respiratory problems; Tissue cell damage; Cancer; Cardiovascular disease.

The two major killers in the U.S. have, for some time now, been heart disease and cancer. Cardiovascular, or heart disease, along with an escalating incidence of bladder, colon, rectal, and breast cancer have all been linked to our continued ingestion of unfiltered, chlorinated tap water.

More Alarming Studies

A recent study by Richard Bull with the Environmental Protection agency supports the earlier findings reported by Dr. Price in his experiment determining the effects of chlorine on chickens. Mr. Bull, in his similar experiment, used two groups of pigeons, one of which were given chlorinated water to drink over the course of their lifetimes. As well, both groups were fed a low-calcium diet. At the conclusion of Bull’s experiment, all the pigeons drinking chlorinated water were noted to have an increase of some 50 % in their serum cholesterol than were the pigeons drinking non-chlorinated water.

Increased levels of serum cholesterol have long been known to vastly increase the risk of fatal heart attacks in humans. Based on the experiments by Dr. Price, Mr. Bull, and other more recent and comprehensive studies, it is becoming apparent to health officials and researchers that diet may not have as much to do with increased serum cholesterol levels in the body as does drinking chlorinated water.

A Heart Attack Waiting to Happen

Elevated serum cholesterol is a prime suspect, in fact the only suspect in promoting arteriosclerosis, a plaque build-up in our blood vessels. Often known as hardening of the arteries, arteriosclerosis is the formation of clots of plaque on the walls of our vascular system. It is these clots that often break away from the blood-vessel walls that are the prime cause of heart attacks.

Chlorine oxidation and its combination with decaying animal and vegetable matter in our water produce trihalomethanes (THMs). These THMs, an unavoidable byproduct of chlorinated water, are also known as a form of free radicals, which are serious impairments to the healthy growth and development of the various tissue cells in our bodies. Obviously, these tissue cells include the cardiovascular system. Conclusively, drinking chlorinated water is killing not only chickens and pigeons, but humans as well.

Of course, we shower, as well as drink this chlorinated tap water, and further studies have shown that the chlorine gas that is formed from the vaporizing of the chlorine in the hot shower water can be even more damaging to our bodies than relatively stable chlorine found in drinking water.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/chlorine-cancer-and-heart-disease.html

Simply stated chlorine is a pesticide, as defined by the U.S. EPA, who’s sole purpose is to kill living organisms. When we consume water containing chlorine, it kills some part of us, destroying cells and tissue inside our body. Dr. Robert Carlson, a highly respected University of Minnesota researcher who’s work is sponsored by the Federal Environmental Protection Agency, sums it up by claiming , “the chlorine problem is similar to that of air pollution”, and adds that “chlorine is the greatest crippler and killer of modern times!”

BREAST CANCER
Breast cancer, which now affects one in every eight women in North America, has recently been linked to the accumulation of chlorine compounds in the breast tissue. A study carried out in Hartford Connecticut, the first of it’s kind in North America, found that, “women with breast cancer have 50% to 60% higher levels of organochlorines (chlorination byproducts) in their breast tissue than women without breast cancer.”

SHOWERS ARE A WORSE SOURCE
One of the most shocking components to all of these studies is that up to 2/3s of our harmful exposure to chlorine is due to inhalation of steam and skin absorption while showering. A warm shower opens up the pores of the skin and allows for excelerated absorption of chlorine and other chemicals in water. The steam we inhale while showering can contain up to 50 times the level of chemicals than tap water due to the fact that chlorine and most other contaminants vaporize much faster and at a lower temperature than water. Inhalation is a much more harmful means of exposure since the chlorine gas (chloroform) we inhale goes directly into our blood stream. When we drink contaminated water the toxins are partially filtered out by our kidneys and digestive system. Chlorine vapors are known to be a strong irritant to the sensitive tissue and bronchial passages inside our lungs, it was used as a chemical weapon in World War II. The inhalation of chlorine is a suspected cause of asthma and bronchitis, especially in children… which has increased 300% in the last two decades. “Showering is suspected as the primary cause of elevated levels of chloroform in nearly every home because of chlorine in the water.” Dr Lance Wallace, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.

Chlorine in shower water also has a very negative cosmetic effect, robbing our skin and hair of moisture and elasticity, resulting in a less vibrant and youthful appearance. Anyone who has ever swam in a chlorinated pool can relate to the harsh effects that chlorine has on the skin and hair. What’s surprising is that we commonly find higher levels of chlorine in our tap water than is recommended safe for swimming pools.

Aside from all the health risks related to chlorine in our water, it is the primary cause of bad taste and odor in drinking water. The objectionable taste causes many people to turn to other less healthful beverages like soft drinks, tea or other sweetened drinks. A decreased intake of water, for any reason, can only result in a lower degree of health.

The good news is that chlorine is one of the easiest substances to remove from our water. For that reason it logically should serve it’s purpose of keeping our water free from harmful bacteria and water borne diseases right up to the time of consumption, where it should then be removed by quality home water filtration.

No one will argue that chlorine serves an important purpose, and that the hazards of doing away with chlorine are greater than or equal to the related health risks.

[Some municipalities are switching to sodium chlorite [NaClO2] as a safer alternative to chlorine.]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 06:01:22 pm by Luck »

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Libertarian Health Dept. (Update: Ron Paul on Repeal ObamaCare)
« Reply #28 on: June 10, 2010, 07:12:22 am »

ObamaCare
---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Wed, Jun 9, 2010 at 5:12 PM

[http://www.chooseliberty.org/hr4995.aspx?pid=mz01]

Big Government took a huge leap forward recently. And you and I will suffer the consequences unless we take action today.

You see, the statists look for every opportunity to gain more power over our lives, and they found another one in the recently passed ObamaCare scheme.

It is a huge step toward a full takeover of our personal medical decisions, as well as a massive tax increase and a huge loss of liberty. It will also cause further destruction to our already-fragile economy.

I’m not going to let this happen without a fight.

A fight to the end.

That’s why I’ve introduced H.R. 4995, my END THE MANDATE Act, to eliminate the mandate requiring Americans to carry government-approved health insurance.

I’m asking you to join the battle today. Please read the below message from Campaign for Liberty President John Tate.

Campaign for Liberty has a great plan to help me win this fight, but they are going to need every Patriot in our Revolution to join them.

I trust you’ll find this plan worthy of your time and support.

In Liberty,

Congressman Ron Paul

http://www.chooseliberty.org/hr4995.aspx?pid=em01

The statists have launched a scheme designed to do two things they love more than anything else:  vastly increase the size and power of government - and give our federal masters more control over our personal business.

It's getting harder and harder for them to conceal their true intentions.  And people are waking up to it.

This isn't about what Congress wants to "give" Americans.

It's not about health care.  It's about power.  It's about what THEY get.  It's always been about what they get.

And their "take" is staggering.  Passage of ObamaCare means:

*** Statist politicians will collect more than $570 BILLION in new taxes on everything from prescription drugs and private insurance plans to medical device manufacturers;

*** Big Government will grow even bigger as the IRS alone will hire thousands of new employees to "ensure compliance;"

*** The power of politicians and bureaucrats will expand dramatically as they FORCE U.S. citizens to buy insurance as a condition of citizenship and seize unprecedented control over American health care and businesses of every size.
So Jeanne, you and I have a choice to make.  We can give up and give in.  Or we can FIGHT BACK.

Well, as you can imagine, Ron Paul is fighting back, and he's asked us to take action alongside him.

The battle starts with repealing the most repulsive provision of ObamaCare - the government mandate FORCING Americans to purchase health insurance.

And guess who will be enforcing this mandate: our old pals at the IRS, who may diminish or completely withhold your tax refund unless you either carry Obama-approved health insurance or pony up more of your money to cover the fine.

A fine that could cost households and businesses thousands of dollars.

If you agree that we can't let this stand, won't you please sign the first page of Congressman Ron Paul's END THE MANDATE Act (H.R. 4995)?

If passed, Dr. Paul's bill would repeal the federal mandate on citizens and businesses included in ObamaCare.

The End the Mandate Act is only the beginning.

Dr. Paul has also recently introduced his Private Option Health Care Act, H.R. 5444, which repeals ALL of ObamaCare and replaces it with free market reforms, such as creating a FULL deduction for medical expenses, allowing the purchase of health insurance across state lines, and strengthening health savings accounts.

But the fight starts with the End the Mandate Act.

And it MUST start now.

You and I have seen the anger of the American people about this federal power grab.

After all, you've seen the news reports.

But they don't tell the real story.

No matter how government propaganda agencies manipulate economic statistics, unemployment continues to increase.

Some are reporting the real figure is close to 20%.

Yet the spending spree in Congress continues.

In fact, the federal debt is over $13 TRILLION and growing.

More and more countries around the globe are now questioning Federal Reserve policies and talking about the possibility of massive inflation -- despite our "military presence" in their countries or those close by.

So I'm not going to sugarcoat this.

If you and I refuse to END THE MANDATE and then support the Private Option, it could be the last straw.

[Cont. in Next Post]
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 06:02:25 pm by Luck »

Luck

• FSP Participant
Re: Libertarian Health Dept. (Update: Ron Paul on Repeal ObamaCare)
« Reply #29 on: June 10, 2010, 07:13:36 am »

[Cont. from Previous Post] [http://www.chooseliberty.org/hr4995.aspx?pid=mz01]

It could send our fragile economy nose-diving off a cliff.

You see, some reports show ObamaCare could cost as much as $3 TRILLION or more over the next decade.

The new taxes and "fees" intended to partially cover the outrageous cost of ObamaCare will instead most likely stifle any new economic growth and worsen the recession.

That's why it's so critical you sign the first page of Dr. Paul's END THE MANDATE Act IMMEDIATELY.

I can tell you, your signed copy of the bill -- and those from millions of others all over the country -- will make an enormous impact.

The statists in Congress believe they've beaten YOU.

After all, the politicians saw the polls.  They knew they weren't doing the "will of the people" when they rammed ObamaCare into law.

But they think they'll get away with it anyway.

You see, the statists in Washington are betting you'll just give up.

They hope you'll forget about politics and get back to your life.

They seek to continue to distract you with their "bread and circuses" routine, along with their willing accomplices in the media and entertainment industries.

But that's not what's going to happen.

Not if Ron Paul and millions of Patriots come to the rescue.

You and I know the Republican Party will not move to fight back unless they're pushed.

In fact, Dr. Paul has already told me of the mood in Congress.  Too many Republicans are willing to only nip and tuck around the edges of ObamaCare.

They don't think the American people will remember and work hard enough to defend their freedoms.

Dr. Paul is ready to prove them wrong.  Are you ready to get his back and help him fight?

It's up to you and me to prove them dead WRONG.

That's why your signing Dr. Paul's END THE MANDATE ACT is so important.

My hope is to distribute millions of signed copies of Dr. Paul's bill on Capitol Hill and SHOCK the political establishment.

Your signed petitions will show the politicians in Washington that we will not go away . . .

. . . that the fight isn't over . . .

. . . and that they'll never get away with ramming another Big Government Bill down our throats again!

And just as importantly, we can send this message to the politicians in BOTH parties in Washington, D.C. -- work to DESTROY ObamaCare by cosponsoring Dr. Paul's END THE MANDATE ACT, or face the consequences in November.

Trust me -- that will resonate in the halls of Congress.

After all, politicians who are concerned almost solely with power are concerned first with their re-election.

But that doesn't mean this battle will be easy.

Far from it.

Statist politicians in BOTH parties aren't going to give up their new found taxing, regulating and spending power over American citizens without an all-out FIGHT.

So that's exactly what I have planned.

In fact, I've already begun contacting supporters across the country through our internet and email efforts to alert them to Dr. Paul's END THE MANDATE Act.

Of course, these aspects of our mobilization program aren't extremely expensive.

But if I'm not able to dramatically expand our program immediately, our email and internet mobilization will have only minimal impact.

If you and I want to make a real difference in this fight, I need to be able to begin mobilizing an additional fifteen million activists from all over the country IMMEDIATELY.

Unfortunately, I'm going to have to use our mail and phone program, which is comparatively more expensive -- especially for such a massive project.

So, in addition to signing the first page of Dr. Paul's END THE MANDATE Act, it's vital you rush me your most generous contribution IMMEDIATELY.

Maybe you can afford $250 or more.  I know that's a lot, but just think what's at stake.

If $250 is simply too much right now, please consider a generous contribution of $100 or at least $50 to help Campaign for Liberty and Dr. Paul END THE MANDATE.

I know I don't have to explain how critical this battle is.

If we don't fight back -- if we don't prove to the Big Government politicians that we will not rest until ObamaCare is totally DESTROYED -- this will only be the beginning.

Regardless of which political party takes power, there will be even greater assaults on our remaining health care freedoms until one day, federal bureaucrats are the decision makers in who receives care and who doesn't . . .

. . . and ultimately, who lives and who dies.

This is not the America I want to live in.  And this is not the America I want for my kids and grandkids.

Jeanne, one reason Dr. Paul has fought against Big Government for over 30 years is that -- like me -- he believes ordinary folks can ultimately defeat the statists in BOTH parties and chart a new course for liberty for our country.

So I hope you agree we can't give up.  I hope you'll agree to FIGHT BACK.

If you do, please rush me your most generous contribution of $250, $100 or $50 TODAY!

In Liberty,

John Tate
President

P.S.  It's up to you and me to show the statists in Washington, D.C. that under no circumstances is the fight over ObamaCare finished.

The good news is, Congressman Ron Paul has introduced H.R. 4995, the END THE MANDATE Act, which would end compulsory participation in ObamaCare.  And his Private Option Health Care Act, H.R. 5444, repeals ALL of the massive ObamaCare scheme and replaces it with effective free market reforms.

That's why it's vital you sign the first page of Dr. Paul's END THE MANDATE Act, so Campaign for Liberty can send a very clear message to Congress that we're going to take a stand for health freedom.

And please, help me mobilize millions more Americans nationwide by sending in your most generous contribution of $250, $100 or $50 TODAY!
[http://www.chooseliberty.org/hr4995.aspx?pid=mz01]
« Last Edit: June 10, 2010, 07:25:44 am by Luck »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 14   Go Up

anything