Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2   Go Down

Author Topic: Organic (UnOfficial) Schedule & Calendar - Advertise Your Activity 4 Free  (Read 10223 times)

MK

• AKA Markus

To The Biggest Liberty Lovers I Know,

Here's an UnOfficial Calendar (evolving) of the PorcFest Activities that Ivy has put together so that it may help you plan when you'd like to offer your Function.

http://calendar.yahoo.com/YYY,7c8e9f/srt,0/ivyleague28477/?v=2&t=1243843200

I'm helping put the "Organic" = UnOfficial, PorcFest 2009 Schedule together so if you're considering offering an Organic Activity (Function, Meal, etc.) and would like to have it on the PorcFest Registration page on Eventbrite as well as be included in the Porcfest Program, then please send the following by April 15th (please PM me for email address).

1. Title of Event & Short Description so attendees know what's being Offered.
2. Date, Time, & Rendezvous point (so attendees know where to meet up... when in doubt, just say "Registration Area")
3. Charge ($), if any, and where People should Pay, i.e. at Eventbrite or "At the Door"  (Recommended. Note: Money will not be collected upfront through Eventbrite unless you specifically ask. If money is collected on your behalf, it will only be paid out after PF is over, so you would have to pay things out of pocket upfront and get reimbursed later).

For most of these events, it probably makes sense to just have a "Door Charge" payable on-site the day of. The advantage of being listed on Eventbrite is that people hosting events will have a good idea of how many attendees are planning to show up at your event, allowing you to plan better. 

« Last Edit: April 06, 2009, 12:03:57 am by MKYORDJ »
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant

Oh!  LOL  Maybe I should make sure that my calendar is up to date then!  LMAO!!!  *sigh*  Keepin' me on my toes, I see.  ;)

MK

• AKA Markus

Oh!  LOL  Maybe I should make sure that my calendar is up to date then!  LMAO!!!  *sigh*  Keepin' me on my toes, I see.  ;)

No problem.  I think your Calendar is great.  It's still early and it's obviously a work in Progress.  Anyway, I thnk it's a great start!  That's the fun of doing stuph UnOfficially, we can't get it wrong and people are happy to get any of our bones!
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant

Okay then.  Cool.  Then I guess I'll say, if anyone has events they want added, let me know and I'll get 'em up there!  :)

edi4liberty

Jim,

I hate to be a stickler for details but you get these folks all excited calling it a "chili cook-off" and saying that it's "$5.00" and I'm going to have a riot on my hands. 

It's the "Porc Fest Cook-off" - it's a "one-pot-meal" cook-off which includes, but is not limited to, chili - for people to eat and judge the entries, it's going to be $7.00 (13 and up), $5.00 (under 13) and FREE for children 3 & under.

We are currently considering registering diners/judges on Eventbrite (and paying me directly for their wristbands at the event) but cooking contestants need to sign up directly with me (603-203-4593 / edi@sugargroup.net).

Edi

edi4liberty

Ivy, the *group meals* ... and everything else on the calendar for that matter ... looks great!  Thanks for putting that all in one location for us to access.  :-)

Edi

MK

• AKA Markus

Jim,

I hate to be a stickler for details but you get these folks all excited calling it a "chili cook-off" and saying that it's "$5.00" and I'm going to have a riot on my hands. 

It's the "Porc Fest Cook-off" - it's a "one-pot-meal" cook-off which includes, but is not limited to, chili - for people to eat and judge the entries, it's going to be $7.00 (13 and up), $5.00 (under 13) and FREE for children 3 & under.

We are currently considering registering diners/judges on Eventbrite (and paying me directly for their wristbands at the event) but cooking contestants need to sign up directly with me (603-203-4593 / edi@sugargroup.net).

Edi

Opps, I think I got some bad intel!   :o  Will edit! asap! :)

Markus

edi4liberty

Markus,

No problem.  I'm sorry I called you Jim - I don't know why I thought your screen name reminded me of Jim Maynard.  :-) 

Edi

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant

Ivy, the *group meals* ... and everything else on the calendar for that matter ... looks great!  Thanks for putting that all in one location for us to access.  :-)

Edi

No problem.  That's my job as an organizer....  organize!  LOL.  Now I just need some cooking volunteers, or I'll be cooking all week.  Not that I mind, but perhaps someone else wants to actually do the cooking.  :)

Hopefully someone also volunteers for the geocaching event, because there is lots of excitement and demand for it, but I have no idea how to run one.  *sigh*  I am excited for the nature walks and craft events.  I have more craft ideas I need to post, I've just been too busy with taxes.  Soon enough I suppose...

edi4liberty

When is geocaching scheduled for?  I was considering a letterboxing outing with my kids.

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant

Whenever Whoever Wants to lead it Wants to do it.  ;D

I was thinking probably Thursday morning or Friday morning, but I'm open to putting it on the schedule whenever!  You wanna take the lead??  ;D

What's a letterboxing outing?  Maybe we could make that a family-oriented kid-friendly activity too.  :)

edi4liberty

Ok, let's do this - let me check and see if there are any letterboxes close to Rogers.  It's like a scavanger hunt - sort of like geocaching but without the GPS.  Yes, definitely family-friendly.  Erin learned to do it at Girl Scouts when she was 6, so it's easy to learn and kids seem to love it.  I've never gone on an actual outing so let me do some research and then I'll let you know if I'm in to take the lead.  If I did agree to head it up, it would have to be Thurs. morning - because Friday I'll be busy all day with the cook-off. 

I will see if my partner in crime, Angel, will help me!  I'll get back to you.

Edi

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant

Awesome!  I love it. 

Liberty603

• FSP Participant
  • Mover #586
    • Liberty603.com

Unofficial event - Saturday @ 4:00pm, AltExpo tent

Rick plans to give a presentation on constructing straw bale houses as well as ideas about lowering the cost of construction, insurance, permits, design, energy efficiency, and more. A good title for this presentation would be "Alternative Housing Options" or even "Building your Own Alternative Housing"

I'm a Physics teacher in NH who is building a straw bale home in Maine. Always ready to answer your questions! If you are thinking about building your own alternative home I may have some ideas and/or guidance for you. I'm thinking...no mortgage, low maintenance, and low operating costs!

Hope to see you there!
-------------------------------------
Update your address@Porcfest@FreeStateNH  |  New Hampshire Liberty Maps: Liberty603.com | @Liberty_603

djbridgeland

• moved October 2008, Second 1000

I was thinking with the increasing number of porcs moving, and a fair amount starting their own businesses how about a seminar on business development in the free state. Some who have already started a successful business can speak, and offer their advice. Those who want to start their own can ask questions, and maybe have others evaluate their business ideas. May talk about starting up a fund for Porc business owners to borrow from, that those who can't move yet can finance and earn some interest/ money towards moving.  What do others think?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up