Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Grafton Welcome Wagon  (Read 47423 times)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Re: Grafton Welcome Wagon
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2009, 06:49:03 am »

If you missed our party yesterday:
http://welcometotheshire.com/?q=node/85

the next event is Sunday the 5th at Jerry's house

then the Grafton Apple Festival on September 20th
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Jerry

• Global Moderator
  • Next 1000
« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2009, 07:44:58 am »

If you missed our party yesterday:
http://welcometotheshire.com/?q=node/85

the next event is Sunday the 5th at Jerry's house

then the Grafton Apple Festival on September 20th

Russell you need a new calendar.  Sunday falls on the 6th next month.
You can come on the 5th, but I'll be in Concord that day.
jerry

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #62 on: September 02, 2009, 04:36:06 pm »

oh yea
in the meantime we moved in a family down the road in backwoods Danbury ... then lit up another bonfire back at the farm :)

see you guys at Jerry's
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #63 on: September 06, 2009, 10:39:32 am »

Today Tom and Jerry are hosting

Church Rd off Hardy Hill in Grafton, NH

noon til late

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #64 on: September 09, 2009, 07:58:37 am »

Jerry's party was great.

now on to the Apple Festival.

We are inviting locals, so come meet the nice townsfolk and eat some apple desserts.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #65 on: September 18, 2009, 08:38:37 am »

Grafton Apple Festival
Sunday Sunday Sunday

Floridian

• Friend of FSP
« Reply #66 on: September 18, 2009, 09:59:26 am »

Grafton Apple Festival
Sunday Sunday Sunday

I made the first pie of the season the other night.  Mmmmmmmmmm.
---------
Easy Apple Pie (425 °F for 60 minutes)

5 or 6 (depending on size) Granny Smith apples or other tart variety
3/4 cups sugar
1/4 cup flour
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
Set of two frozen pie crusts in pie tins (ergo "easy")

Preheat oven to 425 °F. 

Loosen one of the frozen pie crusts from the tin, this will be the top; if it thaws it will stick.  Place the other (bottom) pie crust and tin in a glass pie plate lined with aluminum foil - the ends of the foil should extend about 7-8" long on each side so you can make a tent over the pie. 

Mix dry ingredients.  Peel and slice apples.  Mix apples and dry ingredients and stir well to coat all of the slices, then pile them high into the bottom pie crust.  Cover with the top pie crust (sans tin) and slit it to release steam.

This is important:  Make a loose tent over the pie with the aluminum foil. The pie should be covered, but very loosely so air circulates well.  Bake for 45 minutes tented, then take down the tent and continue baking uncovered for 15 minutes to brown the top crust.  Remove from oven, cool for 45 minutes and serve with vanilla ice cream. 

edit: It just occurred to me that 45 minutes is 90+°F-in-September Florida cooling time.  In NH it is probably less!  :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 02:52:29 pm by Floridian »
Tu ne cede malis.

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #67 on: September 18, 2009, 02:40:36 pm »

That does sound easy. and tasty

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #68 on: October 12, 2009, 07:42:26 am »

the Apple Festival was great
the next event is a Bonfire on the 5th of November

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2009, 05:42:27 am »

chance for rain or snow on Bonfire Night

Dave Mincin

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #70 on: February 17, 2010, 04:42:23 pm »

Hey Grafton Folks,

Thought you might like this!

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=11999725

Thinking it might be that good living Lloyd might have
something to do with this!  ;D
Please join us!
http://www.nhliberty.org/ New Hampshire Liberty Alliance.

" A leader knows that if he is generous with his time, his people will be generous with their effort."

Plug>>>>Realtor Lovejoy Real Estate!

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #71 on: February 18, 2010, 01:59:05 pm »

Hey Grafton Folks,

Thought you might like this!

http://www.wcax.com/Global/story.asp?S=11999725

Thinking it might be that good living Lloyd might have
something to do with this!  ;D
our town might not be representative of the county .... but it is good to know anyhow

btw we are having a big party this weekend, so if someone is visiting the state they could stop by on Saturday for our luau and broomball

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #72 on: March 17, 2010, 09:58:13 am »

The Grafton Welcome Wagon will be open this Monday after the Liberty Forum for a potluck supper at Hoyt Park.
We have one family and one couple visiting that day.
So if you in the area, you can stop by our place sometime that day and meet fellow fsp visitors, a new mover to our neighborhood, and the usual suspects.
Snacking begins at 6pm and main courses eaten around 7.

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
« Reply #73 on: May 23, 2010, 03:42:01 pm »

Are you going to have any Welcome Wagon events in Grafton in the two days after the end of Porcfest? Grafton is one place I might like to check out (mostly with my Mom in mind), I need to be closer to the big towns for jobs while I figure out what I want to do when I grow up (JK, I'm 35 now).
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #74 on: May 26, 2010, 02:30:35 am »

when does porcfest end?

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up