Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Grafton Welcome Wagon  (Read 47413 times)

Cheng

Re: Grafton Welcome Wagon
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2009, 07:22:40 am »

I've been following the FSP and NH underground sites for about 2 years now and just recently went to PorcFest. I found a property in Croydon on the internet and went there to check it out with the wife before PorcFest and wound up putting in an offer the owners accepted so we will be up there for the closing on the 31st of July. Didn't have much of any intention on moving so soon but my wife instantly fell in love with the place and didn't want to leave after getting so much grief for about a year and a half about leaving family and people not knowing her when she went to the store etc etc. I was totally surprised by her 180 degree turn around. Meeting some of the folks at PorcFest helped seal the deal. It's been pretty crazy. Anyway, the purpose of this post is to get directions to the picnic. I checked out google maps and it's about a 45 min drive to Grafton Center from my new home.

lloydbob1

« Reply #46 on: July 22, 2009, 07:39:53 am »

Cool!  But, you should have bought in Grafton.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #47 on: July 22, 2009, 07:58:58 am »

Cool!  But, you should have bought in Grafton.
Lloyd does not speak for the Grafton Welcome Wagon
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #48 on: July 22, 2009, 08:02:39 am »

Anyway, the purpose of this post is to get directions to the picnic. I checked out google maps and it's about a 45 min drive to Grafton Center from my new home.
very good to hear you have found a great place to buy in the Shire
directions can be found on this page

http://welcometotheshire.com/?q=node/3

we are 2 miles from the highway ... look for the porcupine crossing sign
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #49 on: July 22, 2009, 08:05:29 am »

the Grafton Webcam is up and running

http://welcometotheshire.com/?q=node/4

Cheng

« Reply #50 on: July 22, 2009, 08:13:38 am »

Thanks for the info. Finding a place to settle down is pretty difficult from out of state and the logistics of running up there to check out properties is a hassle. I'm lucky I found a place that convinced my wife to move. Having these forums and PorcFest is a great help in finding a plce everyone can agree on.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #51 on: July 22, 2009, 08:26:26 am »

good to hear

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2009, 07:21:57 pm »

good group showing up for the picnic on August 1st .... just hoping for no rain :)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #53 on: July 24, 2009, 07:24:36 pm »

forgot to post the sunset from today
http://welcometotheshire.com/?q=node/4

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #54 on: July 31, 2009, 10:14:28 am »

rainy all day today .... perfect for tomorrows picnic and bonfire
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=03240

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #55 on: August 02, 2009, 04:24:03 pm »

cheng's family was a lot of fun to  hang around
it was perfect weather and a great party

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #56 on: August 04, 2009, 06:06:39 am »

next picnic will be Saturday August 29th
volleyball and bonfire in the first field

the last one went well. we had good weather and a nice trip to a waterfall to watch after the heavy rains

Floridian

• Friend of FSP
« Reply #57 on: August 06, 2009, 07:14:22 pm »

Thank you Russel and Kat for your gracious hospitality.  http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=18691.0
Tu ne cede malis.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #58 on: August 09, 2009, 06:39:13 am »

i've lost an 'l' but not my friends :)

lloydbob1

« Reply #59 on: August 09, 2009, 07:00:48 am »

Here: l
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up