Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Grafton Welcome Wagon  (Read 47410 times)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
Grafton Welcome Wagon
« on: March 26, 2009, 10:33:07 am »

Since we have so many people visiting each week, I was thinking it would be a good idea to hold picnics in Grafton almost every Saturday during the nicer weather.

So I will be posting here, on the NHUnderground forum, and facebook, when we are going to hold a potluck lunch at the Porcupine Recreation Area located at Hoyt Farm in Grafton.

New home page for the Grafton Welcome Wagon

http://welcometotheshire.com/?q=node/3
« Last Edit: July 22, 2009, 08:04:04 am by Russell Kanning »
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
Re: Grafton Welcome Wagon Saturdays
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2009, 11:49:50 am »

we will not be ready for a picnic this saturday .... even though the weather is pretty good :-\

D. Stewart

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2009, 03:58:10 pm »

Little muddy?

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2009, 05:31:07 pm »

it has been very muddy, but we had a great party last weekend anyhow
this time I am feeling badly :-X

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2009, 02:14:39 am »

Mud Season makes picnicking messy and potentially not fun.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2009, 05:15:04 am »

last week we mostly ate inside and threw snowballs around the fire

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2009, 07:51:36 am »

The Grafton Welcome Wagon will be open for lunch this Saturday April, 4th at noon Shire Time.
it will be a potluck affair where you can meet any local movers that will be in attendance.
if it rains we shall make do indoors. Tours of the rushing Smith Brook and melting swamps will be available.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: April 04, 2009, 11:19:00 am »

no rain yet
if you are a visiting free stater roaming the back woods you can stop by the Hoyt Farm and get a look at Grafton.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2009, 07:57:55 am »

yesterdays indoor picnic worked out well
any visiting porcs could have met some Grafton locals, a veteran libertarian activist Lois Gardner, and some city porcupines getting out into the country. :)

April 11th we will take the Grafton Welcome Wagon on the road. Join us at Mt. Sunapee to cheer on Jim and Lauren's cardboard sled racer. Admission and parking are free. We will meet at the bottom of the slope and bbq and cheer on the crazy cardboard contraptions.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2009, 08:16:14 am »

reminder that the Grafton Welcome Wagon is on the road today at Mt. Sunapee. We will finish off the day back at Hoyt Farm for the film "The Singing Revolution". :)

April 25th will be a softball game.

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: April 11, 2009, 05:48:18 pm »

Let me know when the next Lazy Day is and I may come.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2009, 09:12:00 pm »

Let me know when the next Lazy Day is and I may come.
Today was lazy. I watched other people sled ... then ate hotdogs ... then walked around the farm ... then watched a movie.

let's see .... next Saturday ... the 18th is official Lazy Day at the Hoyt Farm in Grafton. :) People can bring a picnic lunch and we will eat. How about that?

Porcupine The Godful Heathen

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #13 on: April 11, 2009, 10:38:23 pm »

Hot Dogs? Count me in.
"Whoever undertakes to set himself up as judge in the field of truth and knowledge is shipwrecked by the laughter of the Gods." - Einstein

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2009, 06:29:50 am »

Hot Dogs? Count me in.
too late ... we ate all of them ... even the one I dropped on the snow

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up