Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Grafton Welcome Wagon  (Read 47277 times)

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Grafton Welcome Wagon
« Reply #75 on: May 26, 2010, 06:33:49 am »

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #76 on: May 29, 2010, 06:52:32 am »

We will have a picnic from noon until 3 on Monday after Porcfest June 28th.

The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

10stateswithnh

• Liberty Lover on New Hampshire seacoast
« Reply #77 on: May 30, 2010, 08:56:22 am »

I plan on being there on the 28th.
Bryce in Rochester
States I have lived in:
PA, DE, WA, ME, SC, NY, GA, UT, CO, NH as of Sep 2011!

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2010, 05:36:54 am »

time changed to 4-7pm
if you come early .... just bring enough for lunch and dinner and hang out :)
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2010, 06:11:58 am »

sorry for not keeping up with the thread
at our after porcfest party .... i expected bryce and maybe 2 others
instead we had like 30 some people there
lots of fun

the Grafton Welcome Wagon is getting superceded by Free Grafton and the Peaceful Assembly Church
if you want to find out what social events and activism is happening in these parts, check out their websites

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2010, 06:10:55 am »

Burning Porcupine is upon us

Dabney

« Reply #81 on: July 31, 2010, 06:46:00 am »

Hello Russell and others,

I'm looking at some pieces of land in your neighborhood and was wondering if you knew about the availability of high speed internet (cable or DSL) in the immediate vicinity of Hoyt Farm.

Thanks,

Don in Missouri

ptb

• Voluntarist Freethinker
« Reply #82 on: July 31, 2010, 07:41:42 am »

Some links on the high speed internet options in Grafton:

- High speed internet in Grafton?
- DSL?
- DSL is here!

My understanding is that cable (Comcast) is not available in Grafton.  I was told they stopped at the town line.  Canaan has Comcast, but I don't know anyone in Grafton who does (I'd love more info if I'm wrong!).

In some areas of Grafton, Verizon's MiFi is a workable solution (except the 5GB/month cap) but not at the Hoyt Farm (there is no cell service in that area).

I have lots more info on this topic, if you'd like it.

- Peter

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #83 on: July 31, 2010, 12:59:10 pm »

Thanks Peter
no we do not have dsl here yet
fairpoint is telling us any day now
a guy down the street has it working now

better than last year when they said they had no plans to bring it to grafton

btw. If anyone is passing through Grafton and wants to meet folks, it is getting easier and easier. We seem to be all over the place.

Friday night is Family Fun Night at the Peaceful Assembly Church in Grafton Center

otherwise contact one of us to hook up with some friendly locals

Dabney

« Reply #84 on: August 02, 2010, 10:02:15 am »

Thank you for the response.  Broadband is one of those must have things for us and I was afraid we would have to live in town.  Glad to hear that is no longer the case.  :D

Hopefully Fairpoint DSL will prove to be reliable.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #85 on: August 02, 2010, 08:55:11 pm »

we are one of the last places to have decent internet
there have been plenty of back woods places with much better access
but now we are catching up

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #86 on: September 06, 2010, 07:02:30 am »

next fun event in Grafton

Grafton Apple Festival

this time it is at the old church in Grafton Center

September 26th, 2010

lots of apples
juicing apples
apple dessert contest
bobbing

K. Darien Freeheart

• FSP Participant
    • K. Darien Freeheart's Facebook
« Reply #87 on: September 14, 2010, 11:42:43 pm »

I should also add, since it was the last post before the Apple Festival...

There is now DSL in Grafton.

Many of us have 7 meg DSL from Fairpoint, currently on promo for $23.99 a month for the first 6 months and $42.99 (maybe $43.99) for the year after.

Apples! Agorism! Internet!

You have no excuse to be NOT IN GRAFTON.

Mwahahahaahah!

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #88 on: September 16, 2010, 05:29:24 am »

looks like beautiful weather this weekend
http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=03240

We have permission to extend our party onto the Grafton Center green owned by Millbrook Church.

The Liberty Scholarship spaghetti dinner will start at 5pm.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #89 on: September 25, 2010, 08:08:47 am »

Grafton Apple Festival tomorrow
Liberty Scholarship Fund dinner tomorrow evening

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up