Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Down

Author Topic: Grafton Welcome Wagon  (Read 47310 times)

cathleeninnh

• FSP Treasurer
  • FSP Participant
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Grafton Welcome Wagon Saturdays
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2009, 01:30:54 pm »

ok, Russell, if the 18th is lazy day, we will come and bring some picnic food.

Cathleen

AlexLibman

« Reply #16 on: April 13, 2009, 02:33:51 pm »

This thread is #1 result when you follow Ridley's advice and Google "Grafton welcome wagon".

And I'm sure Google is happy about all the free advertising it is getting.

Now go make a real Web-site.  Sheesh.  Need any help?  ::)

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #17 on: April 13, 2009, 07:30:05 pm »

This thread is #1 result when you follow Ridley's advice and Google "Grafton welcome wagon".

And I'm sure Google is happy about all the free advertising it is getting.

Now go make a real Web-site.  Sheesh.  Need any help?  ::)

We don't necessarily need a website. People can find us if they know the name.
You want to put up a website for me?
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #18 on: April 13, 2009, 07:35:05 pm »

ok, Russell, if the 18th is lazy day, we will come and bring some picnic food.

Cathleen
Step right up Step right up folks ..... if you are touring NH and want to see the backcountry (like my friend AntonLee in search of cow hampshire) this saturday ... well do we have a treat for you .... not only do we promise a lazy saturday watching clouds role by and fresh air ... we will have have a real live southern lady who can answers your questions about her transition to the middle of yankee country

april 18th ... absolutely nothing planned
april 25th ... traditional chicago style no glove softball ... bring your own deep dish pizza or sausages
may 9th ... volleyball
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2009, 06:33:32 am »

reminder that the Grafton Welcome Wagon will be available from 10-6 today

we might do some stuph outside before the rain, but later we can discuss if the Hoyt Farm is the best place in NH to watch it rain.

Tours of the brook running over its banks might begin at 5pm ;D

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2009, 05:50:02 am »

last week was a fun party even though it rained some
we were lazy and some guys played frisbee

this week is the softball game and the Cardinal ordered in perfect weather 80 degrees

in the late afternoon there will also be a movie viewing ... i think the weather will be too good and I will still be outside

here is our new group on facebook so all the events will be listed
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=66833941238

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2009, 12:41:10 am »

Russell, we don't currently have a contact for Grafton County for the FSP Welcome Wagon.  It might be a good way to let new movers know about Welcome Wagon Saturdays and to help them get to know their new neighbors.  Let me know if you're interested.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2009, 06:38:34 am »

well jean is supposed to covering our area (dartmouth is in Grafton County)
 you could put us down for the county or just put in the "grafton welcome wagon"

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #23 on: May 02, 2009, 10:44:47 am »

softball when perfectly

volleyball on the 9th has been canceled, but the picnic on the 16th is a go

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #24 on: May 09, 2009, 07:45:15 pm »

one out of state visitor at least for the 16th

on Saturday the 23rd the Grafton Welcome Wagon recommends visitors to enjoy the Free Keene Fest

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
Re: Grafton Welcome Wagon
« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2009, 04:16:27 pm »

the picnics have been going great

next one is June 7th from noon til dark

Kira's birthday and graduation

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2009, 05:13:47 pm »

this weekend:

the merrimack valley porcupine meeting will be open at midday on Saturday at murphy's taproom
the grafton welcome wagon will be open from noon until bonfire time on sunday
and the free keene social sundays will be open from 4 til closing time on sunday

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2009, 06:53:18 am »

The Grafton Welcome Wagon is similar to the NH Welcome Wagon and other regional welcome wagons, in that it is a group of people who help supply info about their area for incoming porcupines. Kat and I used to be the Monadnock Welcome Wagon, but we passed it on to Ian about 2 years ago. I just created the Grafton version for our small area, since there is so much interest.

The Grafton Welcome Wagon holds official parties every once in a while, which I post on this forum. We have held most of our parties here at the Hoyt Farm also called the Porcupine Recreation Area. Grafton porcupines and other friends from in town stop by on a daily basis to visit, garden, or join in on impromptu potlucks. There is always someone here, so it is a great place to talk with other porcupines.

If you would like to visit other porcs in Grafton, drop us a line somehow and we will make sure we are here and maybe even plan a party to greet you.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #28 on: June 15, 2009, 06:56:14 am »

the volleyball net here at the farm was broken in at Kira's birthday ... it worked great. We had a great party.

Some of the locals are asking what all is happening here and the volleyball net and garden is starting to be a landmark for those passing by. Maybe we have more fun and more parties at our place than anyone else. These porcupines are playful.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
« Reply #29 on: June 15, 2009, 06:57:25 am »

next time the Grafton Welcome Wagon will be officially available:

July 1st - 7th for Burning Porcupine

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7   Go Up