Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Co-op to get Cheap Space in NH  (Read 2981 times)

Luck

• FSP Participant
Co-op to get Cheap Space in NH
« on: March 24, 2009, 07:26:10 pm »

* I'm coming to Concord on March 31 from St. Louis. I want to help start Land Co-ops in NH . The purpose is to pool resources to buy or rent land cheaply, then to invite Libertarians from other states & countries to move & live there very cheaply.
* On some or all of the properties I hope we can eventually start towns. I think we should have a model town, or several towns, that the rest of NH and the U.S. could imitate.
* Who's with me? Who knows others who'd be with me, if they heard of this idea? How about going ahead and telling them about it and having them contact me? LKINDR@yahoo.com
« Last Edit: March 29, 2009, 05:46:20 pm by Luck »

WendellBerry

Re: Start a Land Co-op, then a Town in NH
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2009, 10:58:13 am »

* I'm coming to Concord next Tuesday from St. Louis. I want to help start a Land Co-op in NH and then a town on the land.
* The purpose is to pool resources to buy land cheaply, then to invite Libertarians from other states & countries to move & live there very cheaply.
* I'd like to have a model town that the rest of NH and the U.S. could imitate.
* Who's with me? Who knows others who'd be with me, if they heard of this idea? How about going ahead and telling them about it and having them contact me? LKINDR@yahoo.com

Land Co-op or Land Trust?

time4liberty

« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2009, 01:38:11 pm »

* I'm coming to Concord next Tuesday from St. Louis. I want to help start a Land Co-op in NH and then a town on the land.
* The purpose is to pool resources to buy land cheaply, then to invite Libertarians from other states & countries to move & live there very cheaply.
* I'd like to have a model town that the rest of NH and the U.S. could imitate.

Sounds good to me ... I wonder how much of our state taxes we could get returned to us.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2009, 03:27:57 pm »

I'll say land co-op for now. Not sure what a land trust entails. I just want a loose co-operative arrangement that's easy to understand and won't abuse anyone. What about you?

WendellBerry

« Reply #4 on: March 25, 2009, 03:58:30 pm »

I'll say land co-op for now. Not sure what a land trust entails. I just want a loose co-operative arrangement that's easy to understand and won't abuse anyone. What about you?

Only private property for me...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Land_trust

George Donnelly

• FSP Participant
  • Moving to NH ... some day?
    • Arm your Mind for Liberty
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 05:40:49 pm »

I'm interested. Moving to NH in ~6-8 weeks.

Luck

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2009, 05:56:15 pm »

* Does anyone have ideas whom to ask about land for a co-op?
* It seems that one simple thing to do would be to get a long-term lease on a piece of land owned by a Libertarian for the purpose of starting a co-op and later a town.
* Wendell, do you have a land trust? Or do you have ideas how to set up one for this purpose?
* I assume land in a land trust can be leased out to people, can't it? At least if it doesn't have specified restrictions in the trust document on that?

WendellBerry

« Reply #7 on: March 25, 2009, 06:09:18 pm »

do you have ideas how to set up one for this purpose?

http://www.warda.net/LTSC-7.html
http://www.realestateforprofit.com/landtrusts.aspx

I assume land in a land trust can be leased out to people, can't it?

Yes, the lease payment is called "economic rent"!
LOL

Pages: [1]   Go Up