Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down

Author Topic: 2009 Camp Site Sharing  (Read 22921 times)

Lumpy

• Peaceful Loudmouth
Re: 2009 Camp Site Sharing
« Reply #30 on: May 13, 2009, 06:45:20 pm »

Here's one more! Actually two me and the better part of our relationship. So if there's still someone sharing something, please tell  :P

But really we're not sure if we want to rent our own car or come with someone else from Manchester airport. Anyhow it'd be nice to share costs somehow. Even giving out a simple car ride from and to airport would be nice. Costs shared, of course.

I think there will be some folks doing car pools.  If not, me thinks it time to start planning for that.
Lumpy<br />“Stand Your Ground, Don’t Fire Unless Fired Upon. But If They Mean To Have War, Let it Start Here.” Captain John Parker, Lexington, Massachusetts April 19, 1775

Alex Free Market

« Reply #31 on: May 17, 2009, 12:47:39 am »

Can someone who's been to Roger's before confirm whether it's possible to put more than one tent on a site? The rates say it's for 2 persons.

Is there some additional cost for extra adults on the same site? Are children treated the same as adults since it says "persons"? What about families with several kids?

Thanx for any info you can provide.

Somebody may have answered this already.... but crossposting this from the Rogers thread which I just posted this in:

------------------------------------------------------

Ummm.  Somebody asked a question the other day (in another thread or forum) which I have the answer to.  I thought it was Dale, but whomever it was...... the question was regarding Roger's Campground policy regarding how many people are allowed at a tent site.... because their website was poorly written and does not explain this well. 

The web site say's the rates are for two people per site, but does not explain what if you have more than two people.  So I have the answer.

According to their registration system, 2 people can be at a tent site and you pay the "base rate" (the fees listed).  However, for each additional person, it is roughly (or exactly) $5 extra per person, per day.  I think I got the math right on that... but yeah, so there is a small nominal fee for each extra person you have at your tent site.  That is for adults, anyway.   I'm not sure if the extra fee applies if you have a child.  You may get an exemption if you have kids... but extra adults definitely pay.

I also don't think there is any kind of "cap" on how many people you can have on your tent site, whether single or double.  They just want their money.  They know the campground is going to be packed out for the event, so they probably will have no objection to four to six guys sharing the same site.

The Roger's folks wouldn't know the difference if you had more people at your tent site, though I very much do not advocate people jipping them.... but... just saying... 

They do, however, ask how many vehicles you have... because they need to give you the thing to get in the gate.... so you can't be saying you have two or three vehicles if you only register as one person... cause'... they are going to see the obvious math discrepancy there.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2009, 12:50:44 am by Alex Free Market »
It will be of little avail to the people, that the laws are made by men of their own choice, if the laws be so voluminous that they cannot be read, or so incoherent that they cannot be understood; if they be repealed or revised before they are promulgated, or undergo such incessant changes that no man, who knows what the law is to-day, can guess what it will be to-morrow. - James Madison, The Federalist No. 62

Trenks

« Reply #32 on: June 04, 2009, 02:05:49 pm »

I called and yeah its 2/site plus $5 extra person. I think you can have how every many you want. I don't know but I'm assuming no one would care about a pup tent sitting next to a bigger tent on the same site.

tsavage2

« Reply #33 on: June 08, 2009, 07:57:28 pm »

I am hoping to share a site with someone.  I'll be sleeping in my van set up with air mattress....no tent.  Lets keep the costs low for everyone and the numbers will grow for next year. Get in touch if ya have some extra space on your site.  I'm Tim

zackelan

« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2009, 10:44:31 pm »

I'd also like to share a campsite with someone. I'm traveling very light (motorcycle and a single-person tent), so I should be able to squeeze in anywhere.

djbridgeland

• moved October 2008, Second 1000
« Reply #35 on: June 13, 2009, 01:39:28 am »

Looking for a place to put my tent Thursday 6/25 - Sunday 6/28.  Willing to pay an ounce of silver for use of the space and pay the $5 a day for extra site campers.

andrewpgardner

« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 04:16:19 pm »

I'm looking to share a campsite with someone...  I'm also willing to split the cost of the campsite and have a huge tent to share.  I'll be flying into Manchester from Arizona on 6/25/2009 and arriving at Roger's in the late afternoon and leaving for Manchester before checkout on Sunday morning.  I'm willing to bring my huge 8-10 man tent with me as long as I can find enough other people to justify the cost of bringing it there.  It will cost me about $50 as the second checked bag to get it there and back.  If someone already has a campsite and would like to share the tent, please let me know.  I also have a full camping pots/pans/mess kit and gas stove that I'm planning on bringing and more than willing to share with folks...  If anyone has any grocery requests too, let me know as I am planning on hitting the grocery store on my way in...

If you're coming in from the southwest too, then great!  The Southwest appears underrepresented among Freestaters and I'm always looking for networking opportunities...  If we don't end up bunking together, no worries, just look for the AZ flag...    Can't miss it...  :-P

Let me know if anyone's interested...

Andy G.

andrewpgardner

« Reply #37 on: June 14, 2009, 04:31:42 pm »

Second Option:

Since I'm obviously coming from quite a distance, I am also willing to reserve a campsite w elec. and water for Thurs - Sun if someone has a tent large enough to share and camping equipment.  I will bring my own sleeping bag and can still make a run to the grocery store on the way in.  This option would save me the trouble of having to bring the stuff which can get pricey as it seems all the airlines are now charging $15 for 1 checked bag and $25 for the second...  :-P

If the scheduling works I can also carpool with someone from the Manchester Airport...  Will be arriving in MHT at 10am on Thursday, 6/25/2009 and will need to be back to MHT by 3pm on Sunday, 6/28/2009.

Andy G.

djbridgeland

• moved October 2008, Second 1000
« Reply #38 on: June 14, 2009, 09:05:50 pm »

I'm looking to share a campsite with someone...  I'm also willing to split the cost of the campsite and have a huge tent to share.  I'll be flying into Manchester from Arizona on 6/25/2009 and arriving at Roger's in the late afternoon and leaving for Manchester before checkout on Sunday morning.  I'm willing to bring my huge 8-10 man tent with me as long as I can find enough other people to justify the cost of bringing it there.  It will cost me about $50 as the second checked bag to get it there and back.  If someone already has a campsite and would like to share the tent, please let me know.  I also have a full camping pots/pans/mess kit and gas stove that I'm planning on bringing and more than willing to share with folks...  If anyone has any grocery requests too, let me know as I am planning on hitting the grocery store on my way in...

If you're coming in from the southwest too, then great!  The Southwest appears underrepresented among Freestaters and I'm always looking for networking opportunities...  If we don't end up bunking together, no worries, just look for the AZ flag...    Can't miss it...  :-P

Let me know if anyone's interested...

Andy G.

I would be interested in sharing the tent.  By chance what airline are you flying?  Southwest is the major flyer into town and I know that they allow 2 checked bags under 50ibs. for free.

the pooch lady

« Reply #39 on: June 14, 2009, 10:29:15 pm »

I'm arriving in Lancaster sometime early Thursday afternoon, but leaving for NH this Saturday.  I have 4 tents of different sizes and as long as they haven't been damaged in my damp basement (last used in 2006), I will be happy to lend 3 of them out.    If you are traveling before I leave drop me an email I check on them for you, they will probably just need a good airing out.  I also have several camp stoves that I can bring along if anyone needs one, no need to fly one in!  2 are propane and 1 is Coleman fuel.  I other hiking/camping equipment: shovels, water purifiers, etc. that I can bring along if needed, too.    Just drop me an email.

I will be traveling from Philadelphia to Grafton on Saturday, but instead of bringing my VW Bus (it's in the shop needing a possible engine rebuild :') I'm going to rent a minivan :-[.  I can pick people along the way if you don't mind riding with a large dog or three on your lap :)  email me for our itinerary.

We are going to travel around the state before Porcfest.  Grafton to Keene to Seacoast to Manchester to Lancaster, making stops all along the way.  I will be happy to help transport you if you need a ride.  Send me an email and I'll send you my cell phone number.

I can't wait to meet everyone!  This is my first vacation in years, besides going to my parent's at the jersey shore!

andrewpgardner

« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2009, 09:06:57 am »

Pooch lady...  How big are your tents?  I would be grateful if I could borrow one of your larger tents and a Coleman propane camp stove...  Not needing to bring those would save me a logistical hassle or two (and cost).  I just reserved a site... #86...  Will be coming in on Thurs and checking out by 12 pm on Sun but I did confirm that if no one is checked in to that site for Sun that we can leave our cars there... Worse case scenario, we go and park the cars in the main parking lot while we enjoy a few more events before we need to leave...

Andy G.

the pooch lady

« Reply #41 on: June 18, 2009, 02:46:22 pm »

If you still need a tent and stove let me know.   The stove can be propane or coleman fuel and the tent can hold 3, maybe 4 adults.

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #42 on: June 19, 2009, 01:19:48 am »

The AltExpo site (#36) always has room for one more. Email Dan@AltExpo.org, since he's managing the site this year. We just ask a proportional donation. We've got a double site, so, as long as there aren't too many cars parked there, there'll be room for several tents.

swefred

« Reply #43 on: June 20, 2009, 12:23:25 am »

Does annyone have a large tent and wants to share?
Or maybe a cabin?

we would split the cost equally.

Buying an entire camp gear for 4 days and then trowing it away seems unnecessary.

freedomroad

« Reply #44 on: June 20, 2009, 02:23:45 am »

Does annyone have a large tent and wants to share?
Or maybe a cabin?

we would split the cost equally.

Buying an entire camp gear for 4 days and then trowing it away seems unnecessary.

A cheap tent cost like $25.  Then you need like 2 blankets to lay on, a sheet and a pillow. You likely have the last three.  Also, someone posted on here that they will have a tent if someone wants to use it.  http://forum.freestateproject.org/index.php?topic=18123.msg216458#msg216458  If you are interested in using any of their stuff, I'd PM them right away. 

It's cheaper to buy complete camping gear and camp on your own site by yourself than to rent a cabin.  If you do end up buying any camping gear, you are more than welcome to donate it to me so I can let folks use it in the future.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up