Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down

Author Topic: Family Area at 2009 PorcFest?  (Read 33424 times)

muni

Re: Family Area at 2009 PorcFest?
« Reply #60 on: April 01, 2009, 10:15:55 pm »

Hope that helps you and Joshua (and the cat) find a good site to be at.  (LOL @ Joshua insisting on bringing the cat!  :)  )

Thanks, I guess we'll stick with site 39 for now, at least until there's an understanding where the quiet area is. But the more I think about it, the quiet are is not that important. After playing for a whole day with the other kids Joshua will sleep anywhere.  I'm not so sure about the cat, I really don't want him to get lost there. We'll see.

muni .

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant
« Reply #61 on: April 01, 2009, 10:31:13 pm »

Yeah, I wouldn't bring the cat either, but I know how insistent (and persuasive) kids can be.  :)  I absolutely agree with you about the noise thing.  I think I mentioned this before, but Pete slept like a rock at last year's PorcFest, and we were right near (like 4 sites away!) the funtent.  I really think they'll all be too tuckered out to notice.

Lumpy

• Peaceful Loudmouth
« Reply #62 on: April 02, 2009, 01:05:36 am »

Do you really think that Gunstock was keeping track of which campers were with the FSP and which were not?
I have no idea.  They said told us where people were going.  Why is this so important to you? 

Just emphasizing that you can't blame Gunstock for what site you got or if it was close enough to enough of the other fspers. You should have found out where people were staying and made sure you were close enough. Or, scouted out the campgrounds and then told them which site. It;s not the campgrounds job to do that for you.

Chill out.  This is NHnotNY.   ;D  (If you are still sneering at my futile attempt at humor, it just means you still have too much NY in ya).   >:D  I'd still hug ya but it might make you vomit  little.   :-X
Lumpy<br />“Stand Your Ground, Don’t Fire Unless Fired Upon. But If They Mean To Have War, Let it Start Here.” Captain John Parker, Lexington, Massachusetts April 19, 1775

Lumpy

• Peaceful Loudmouth
« Reply #63 on: April 02, 2009, 01:07:17 am »

Does anyone think it might be a good idea to reserve a camp site for the guys who are coming with very little spending ability?  The cost could be shared or donated by some of us others or something.  Is this too silly?
Lumpy<br />“Stand Your Ground, Don’t Fire Unless Fired Upon. But If They Mean To Have War, Let it Start Here.” Captain John Parker, Lexington, Massachusetts April 19, 1775

lloydbob1

« Reply #64 on: April 02, 2009, 05:36:22 am »

I rented extra campsites for the first two Porcfests for indigents.  There was so much sharing of sites the second year, I'm not sure if the second site I had reserved was used!

Lumpy

• Peaceful Loudmouth
« Reply #65 on: April 04, 2009, 12:27:57 pm »

I rented extra campsites for the first two Porcfests for indigents.  There was so much sharing of sites the second year, I'm not sure if the second site I had reserved was used!

Wow...  I should have expected this kind of generosity and charity an sharing coming from the best people on earth.

JaqEboy

• the Alternatives Expo
« Reply #66 on: June 23, 2009, 08:36:13 pm »

Does anyone think it might be a good idea to reserve a camp site for the guys who are coming with very little spending ability?  The cost could be shared or donated by some of us others or something.  Is this too silly?

We usually always have extra space at the AltExpo site (#36) and can take in weary, poor travellers.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up