Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: alternative camping  (Read 5949 times)

xfahctor

alternative camping
« on: May 23, 2009, 07:03:07 pm »

Just wanted to let out of town/out of state folks know that if rogers seems to be booked or too full for your taste, there is an alternative. Not very far, about 3 miles away. Beaver trails campground.
http://www.beavertrailsnh.com/
directions from there to Roger's:
http://maps.google.com/maps?q=beaver%20trails%20campground%20lancaster%20new%20hampshire&rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7ADBF&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

Trenks

Re: alternative camping
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2009, 01:47:23 pm »

Whats the problem with just camping out in the wilderness somewhere? To hell with the campgrounds?

K. Darien Freeheart

• FSP Participant
    • K. Darien Freeheart's Facebook
« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2009, 01:50:01 pm »

Whats the problem with just camping out in the wilderness somewhere?

The wilderness.

Trenks

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2009, 02:02:01 pm »

REAL campers camp out in the wilderness. Designated campsites are for wussies.

CaptDMO

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2009, 08:40:58 pm »

Well...there's always the tastefully furnished, full appliance, newly rebuilt hottub, fireplace, greenhouse, cable w/internet,bidet, washer/drier
central air conditioned, vacation house that sleeps 10 (3 double beds, 4 singles-and a couch) available for those with farrrrr too much cash on hand.
ADA compliant including a HUGE shower. 

Did I mention the view?
Little under an hour from Rodger's Campground, depending on your choice of two scenic routes, and need-for-speed, (ahem, BEHAVE in Twin Mountain) through "the Notch".

Just sayin' ;-)   

sconniegal

• FSP Participant
« Reply #5 on: June 11, 2009, 11:36:57 pm »

Hmmm,

I live maybe 10-15 min from Rogers on the other side of Lancaster, on 12 acres.  I MIGHT be inclined to let you all camp here and use the shower and so on if  you are trustworthy people.  I'm a member of this project but never been to one of these porcfests and don't know what to expect.  I moved to Lancaster,NH for philosophical reasons and lo and behold, FSP  existed! now discover you have  porcfest here! It was meant to be! Had no idea.  People who want to camp here are welcome but must be sensible.  We have a bear sow with cubs, coyotes and so on running around, so don't need any non campers setting up tents with mars bars inside. this is not a campsite but 12 acres of woods. Experienced campers only.  Families get to stay near or in the house.  I wouldn't think of charging but maybe if people stay they could make a contribution for the hot water bill, and cooker usage.  That seems fair. Note: the bears are not that scary but I don't want stupidity around here. You need to be able to hit them hard with a baseball bat, it makes them take notice. Pretend they are statists. That's what I do.  (Really the bears aren't that bad...)

Barbara

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2009, 07:03:25 am »

there should be enough room
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2009, 08:55:58 pm »

Hmmm,

I live maybe 10-15 min from Rogers on the other side of Lancaster, on 12 acres.  I MIGHT be inclined to let you all camp here and use the shower and so on if  you are trustworthy people.  I'm a member of this project but never been to one of these porcfests and don't know what to expect.  I moved to Lancaster,NH for philosophical reasons and lo and behold, FSP  existed! now discover you have  porcfest here! It was meant to be! Had no idea.  People who want to camp here are welcome but must be sensible.  We have a bear sow with cubs, coyotes and so on running around, so don't need any non campers setting up tents with mars bars inside. this is not a campsite but 12 acres of woods. Experienced campers only.  Families get to stay near or in the house.  I wouldn't think of charging but maybe if people stay they could make a contribution for the hot water bill, and cooker usage.  That seems fair. Note: the bears are not that scary but I don't want stupidity around here. You need to be able to hit them hard with a baseball bat, it makes them take notice. Pretend they are statists. That's what I do.  (Really the bears aren't that bad...)

Barbara

Look forward to meeting you. I already have reservations and want to be close to the party but if we hit it off, wouldn't mind camping up north some other time. See you there.  :D
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain
Pages: [1]   Go Up