Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Superstructure & Infrastructure Of FSP  (Read 3503 times)

BobW

• I'm a llama!
Superstructure & Infrastructure Of FSP
« on: May 08, 2003, 08:44:52 am »

Hi all,

Today, I started week 2 of participating at this forum.  A required preface is to ask that you accept my posts in good faith, that I do not intentionally plan to insult anyone, etc.  My writing style won't change over the next few eons,  therefore please give the most favorable reading to the style and I will, of course,  be doing likewise.

An additional preface; I hope this is not out of place nor out of order; thus, ...

I read somewhere here about a law student interested in assisting in basic legal research for the FSP.  Am I the only participant to recognize the absence of 1,000 thank yous and  no followup?  Was any liaison arranged, perhaps via the web site to develop?

Let me throw out a basic FSP type legal question.  This is just to start things.  I do not seek to exploit something I'm suggesting.  

If an FSPer has someone in a public university and the FSPer moves to eg Montana, does the child's tuition jump to nonresident rates or remain the same?

A participant here, believe a DO from South Carolina, mentioned an interest in being the point of contact for FSP health issues.  How many ethankyous were transmitted?  Is there a breakdown between the participants here and the leadership?

Again, I have no self serving interest here although I always wondered what the difference was between Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever and Lymn Disease.

Does FSP also serve as a clearing house for nonweb correspondence?  Eg, I'm letting my AAA membership lapse  but I could have sent my New England maps to someone who needed them.

Last week I commented on the great idea of a Porcupine Employment Agency someone offered here.  Disbursements will be made to employment agencies over time.  Was there a reason(s), the subject is quiet?

Is it realistic to have each leader of geographic groups modify them as circumstances dictate to allow for the maximum participation?  Should participants here, seek to attend meetings in person, or is it not worth the return on investment (gasoline, cost of lunch, time, etc)?

Just some thoughts.......

BobW

Karl

Re:Superstructure & Infrastructure Of FSP
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2003, 09:24:21 am »

I read somewhere here about a law student interested in assisting in basic legal research for the FSP.  Am I the only participant to recognize the absence of 1,000 thank yous and  no followup?  Was any liaison arranged, perhaps via the web site to develop?

Followups, if any, were likely done through private e-mail.  Have you asked this student if he has received followup?

If an FSPer has someone in a public university and the FSPer moves to eg Montana, does the child's tuition jump to nonresident rates or remain the same?

We're not likely to reach the 20,000 person trigger for several years.  Will he/she be out of university by then?  Alternatively, he/she can become an non-dependant resident of Montana, although that typically unleashes some other issues (taxes, insurance, etc.).

A participant here, believe a DO from South Carolina, mentioned an interest in being the point of contact for FSP health issues.  How many ethankyous were transmitted?  Is there a breakdown between the participants here and the leadership?

Again, check with that person to see if there was any private coresspondance.  Also, the FSP's mission is to bring 20,000 people to a state.  We don't have an infrastructure for established political platforms on particular issues, are are unlikely to until after the state selection and/or move.

Does FSP also serve as a clearing house for nonweb correspondence?  Eg, I'm letting my AAA membership lapse  but I could have sent my New England maps to someone who needed them.

I'm not aware of any.  There are some issues about FSP being primarily an internet-based movement missing many non-internet users in the freedom movement.  Other contact information such as e-mail, phone numbers, addresses, etc. aren't given out due to privacy concerns.  It would be nice for participants to publish their contact info on FSP's web site in a public member directory if they so choose (I would gladly publish mine).

Last week I commented on the great idea of a Porcupine Employment Agency someone offered here.  Disbursements will be made to employment agencies over time.  Was there a reason(s), the subject is quiet?

Only a small fraction of FSP participants regularly read and post to these forums, probably fewer than 20 regular posters at any given time.  Many of those people already have an idea what they'll be doing for employment in the free state.  This might be an excellent idea of interest to many FSP participants, but its just not a big enough audience on this forum.  Try asking these on the various other e-mail lists.

Is it realistic to have each leader of geographic groups modify them as circumstances dictate to allow for the maximum participation?  Should participants here, seek to attend meetings in person, or is it not worth the return on investment (gasoline, cost of lunch, time, etc)?

Why not go to at least one and find out for yourself.  It in can be a morale boost to share in the hope of other participants face-to-face.  It is these face-to-face meetings in which agreements are often reached.  The internet is too impersonal and tends to inhibit the social side of politics.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2003, 09:28:16 am by Karl »

BobW

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2003, 10:08:15 am »

Hi Karl,

Reply most appreciated.

I already made initial contact to meet with others interested. I'm hoping the Northern Virginia group can incorporate the SE Virginia group.  I'm between Arlington and Virginia Beach on the Chesapeake Bay. Concur; meetings are best.

Personally, I haven't emailed those FSPers.  I don't have a personal requirement for the info.  I was pointing out that others might be assisted if their offers of service were institutionalized.

My one caveat is that I avoid going inside the Washington, DC beltway - unless I've got to take an oath of office ........just joking!!

BobW

Robert H.

• Jeffersonian
    • Devolution USA
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2003, 11:09:48 pm »

My one caveat is that I avoid going inside the Washington, DC beltway...

Speaking as one who grew up in Fairfax County, I can heartily sympathize with that statement!  Crossing east of 495 is like passing through some sort of dark veil.   ;D

Karl

« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2003, 08:33:42 am »

Speaking as one who grew up in Fairfax County, I can heartily sympathize with that statement!  Crossing east of 495 is like passing through some sort of dark veil.   ;D

Speaking as one who lives inside the "dark veil," I tend to take the opposite view that going west across 495 is like entering the barbarian lands, although technically, the barbarian lands start just past Ballston. :)

archy

• FSP Participant
  • I'm a porcupine!
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2003, 07:39:04 pm »

You are invited to imagine how some of us Southern porkypines view the possibility of crossing over to the wrong side of the Mason-Dixon Line....

-archy-/-
Tesro bisra Yudha Nepalbata suru hunchha! Ayo Ghorkhali!

ShrineGuard

« Reply #6 on: June 03, 2003, 07:23:41 am »

I've been living inside the land of darkness as well, though I sure wont mind going home in just a week after a full year here.  Quite a shift, from DC to New Orleans.  Hopefully it won't be so darn cold anymore!  ;D
Pages: [1]   Go Up