Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Family Area at 2009 PorcFest?  (Read 33295 times)

Lumpy

• Peaceful Loudmouth
Re: Family Area at 2009 PorcFest?
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2009, 10:47:08 pm »

Last year at Porcfest, the state jerkers ...  ahhh, I mean "workers" placed us away from the Poplar field, which was where there were lots of thangs goin' on.
It was quiet but I feel like I missed out on the camaraderie.  We did bring bikes along with us though and that was good.  It was a good idea and IS a good idea for anyone who has a bike.  Just a suggestion.

No reason you couldn't have picked a spot in Poplar Field. I've never had a campground - including Gunstock or any other state run facility - "place" me at a particular site. Maybe you said you wanted a wooded site, or something secluded.....or whatever....and they directed you to the site you ended up with. If the sites in Poplar Filed were already gone by the time you arrived, lesson learned to reserve a site ahead of time. : )

Nah, we asked to be around other FSP-ers specifically.  That is where they said they were putting us. 
Lumpy<br />“Stand Your Ground, Don’t Fire Unless Fired Upon. But If They Mean To Have War, Let it Start Here.” Captain John Parker, Lexington, Massachusetts April 19, 1775

ny2nh

« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2009, 06:05:53 am »

Do you really think that Gunstock was keeping track of which campers were with the FSP and which were not?

Fishercat

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #17 on: March 31, 2009, 08:40:31 am »

Do you really think that Gunstock was keeping track of which campers were with the FSP and which were not?

They seemed to with our reservation.

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant
« Reply #18 on: March 31, 2009, 11:38:05 pm »

Well this year is supposedly going to be far different than previous years at Rogers as far as where the parties are going to be held and such.  Perhaps far away sites were the quiet ones in past years, but this year the far away sites is where the parties will be held instead.  I've been told by head organizer herself to continue to encourage families with children to reserve sites near the playground area and to encourage families to camp together!  ;D  Very exciting! 

lloydbob1

« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2009, 05:38:47 am »

Actually, a party could occur at any campsite at any time.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: April 01, 2009, 07:00:51 am »

oh no... ANARCHY!! >:D :-X

muni

« Reply #21 on: April 01, 2009, 07:23:24 am »

I've been told by head organizer herself to continue to encourage families with children to reserve sites near the playground area and to encourage families to camp together!  ;D  Very exciting! 

Which sites exactly?

lloydbob1

« Reply #22 on: April 01, 2009, 07:47:17 am »

In the area of Site # 2.

George Donnelly

• FSP Participant
  • Moving to NH ... some day?
    • Arm your Mind for Liberty
« Reply #23 on: April 01, 2009, 08:25:04 am »

oh no... ANARCHY!! >:D :-X

LOL hahahaha

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant
« Reply #24 on: April 01, 2009, 09:41:39 am »

Well that's true enough, but if the families with kids all reserve those particular camp sites, and those families don't want partying on their particular site (at least not at all hours of the morning), then I would guess that that wouldn't happen so much.  Though, I will clarify, I was primarily referring to the "official" parties and the "fun tent" type stuff.

I've been told by head organizer herself to continue to encourage families with children to reserve sites near the playground area and to encourage families to camp together!  ;D  Very exciting! 

Which sites exactly?

As far as campsite numbers:
The organizers would like to concentrate families with kids primarily around:
24, 26, 28;
25, 27, 2, 4, 6, 10,;
5, 7, 31, 33,; and
11, 9, 8, 29, 30, 32,

Maybe secondarily around:
19, 20, 22;
18, 21, 23, 12, 14;
36; and
17, 13, 34, 35, 37.

And, while Rogers has been now notified that we would like to have the families with kids in that area, there is no guarantee, so reserve your site early families!!  ;D

In the area of Site # 2.

*giggles*  Lloyd, looks like you'll be surrounded by short ones.  :)

Quiet Activist

« Reply #25 on: April 01, 2009, 10:33:56 am »

I am a little concerned that the site I reserved for Porcfest is on the list for the "Family Area".  Once the date and place was announced I called and reserved the site to be near bathrooms, the main area and with electric/water.  I do not have a family and do not plan to be quiet at night.  Not saying I am going to be partying all the time but I like to have fun when I go camping.  There will be drinking and fires at night.

I think if there was going to be a family area that would have been decided before the event was announced so that someone that doesn't want to have to worry about enjoying themselves in the evening doesn't accidently reserve a site that will later become a family area.

lloydbob1

« Reply #26 on: April 01, 2009, 11:06:35 am »

Somehow I think it will all work out ;D

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant
« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2009, 11:14:13 am »

I think if there was going to be a family area that would have been decided before the event was announced so that someone that doesn't want to have to worry about enjoying themselves in the evening doesn't accidently reserve a site that will later become a family area.
Well, if you notice, there hasn't been much "officially" announced (i.e. from Carla) except for the dates and how to register.  The remainder of the announcements as to events, locations, and parties and such haven't been made officially, and aren't coming until May 1st.  Because there has been so much speculation and inquiries as to the location of those things, and because people are anxious to start reserving their sites, I asked if I could announce this particular thing prior to the event(s) being announced on May 1st.  She agreed it would be a good idea to have the families congregate around the playground area, and she agreed that would be a good idea to announce this "before the event was announced" (i.e. prior to May 1st).   :)

Somehow I think it will all work out ;D

;D  Agreed!  The kids will all be at Lloyd's site! LOL!!   >:D

Quiet Activist

« Reply #28 on: April 01, 2009, 11:45:11 am »

"before the event was announced" (i.e. prior to May 1st).  

As to this statement, the date and place was announced in January.  Wasn't that an official announcement?

I am just trying to make a point that I have chosen to come to this event and now I have to be concerned about a area that I am camping in.  I choose a high traffic area so that I could meet as many other freedom lovers as I could.  This area seemed to be a place everyone will have to walk around in the evening to get places and figured it was the best way to accomplish this.

Was the availability of these camp sites checked before deciding this as the family area? 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 11:52:07 am by Dreepa »

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 01, 2009, 11:54:11 am »

I called....I was told 'no any site is ok.'  so no sites are being reserved.

This whole family area might want to be 're thought'  because Rogers has no idea and will place people whereever they ask.
I guess some spaces are already taken near the playground.

I don't recall that place being quiet as it was right 'in the thick of things'.
Also many of those sites have electricity and people for some reason want electricity when they are camping.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up