Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Family Area at 2009 PorcFest?  (Read 32685 times)

JonM

• First 1000
  • Administrator
Re: Family Area at 2009 PorcFest?
« Reply #45 on: April 01, 2009, 02:56:15 pm »

Almost everyone who has camped at Rogers and has posted in this thread has agreed that most of the sites near the playground are perhaps not the best choice, ironically enough, for families if a certain amount of quiet is of concern. 
Wow, really?  I see five people posting here to say that is perhaps not the best choice of areas.  I thought much more than five people have been to porcfests past.  Hmm I guess I really *am* wrong.  heh.   :)
I said "and who has posted in this thread" as you quoted, so why are you choosing to make some sort of fuss over that statement?

All the sites that border the playground are already reserved.  2, 4 and 6 are also reserved.  Only 1 site from 101 to 110 has been reserved, and that is agrred to be a quiet area by Rogers as well.

If there is supposed to be some sort of effort to encourage people to camp in certain areas for whatever reason, I saw nothing about it, and I would bet a lot of people who reserved sites in that area know nothing about it either.   I went for a site known not to flood myself.

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant
« Reply #46 on: April 01, 2009, 03:02:27 pm »

I think I was more emphasizing that y'all were making a fuss about a suggested family area, not necessarily actually making a fuss myself over your statement - but again, continue reading into things, that always works.

I went for a site known not to flood myself.
Well that's a smart idea.  That's kinda what Bill and I did too.  Definitely prefer to sleep in dry....  :)

ny2nh

« Reply #47 on: April 01, 2009, 03:09:54 pm »

I'm not sure why people who have already reserved their sites should be expected to change to a different site because now there is some previously unannounced plan to to have a "family area".

My camping plans were set quite a few months back. Some people I am camping with/near may or may not have their kid(s) with them. We decided on our site because of it's location, it's amenities, and the size/layout of the site itself. We planned ahead so we could have the site we wanted. I have no intention of changing plans now.

The concept of a family area might be a good one - if it was planned ahead of time and announced when the dates were announced. Trying to pull this together now seems futile.

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant
« Reply #48 on: April 01, 2009, 03:16:56 pm »

Tammy,

(wait for it folks)

I agree.

Lumpy

• Peaceful Loudmouth
« Reply #49 on: April 01, 2009, 03:23:39 pm »

Do you really think that Gunstock was keeping track of which campers were with the FSP and which were not?
I have no idea.  They said told us where people were going.  Why is this so important to you? 
Lumpy<br />“Stand Your Ground, Don’t Fire Unless Fired Upon. But If They Mean To Have War, Let it Start Here.” Captain John Parker, Lexington, Massachusetts April 19, 1775

ny2nh

« Reply #50 on: April 01, 2009, 03:30:23 pm »

Do you really think that Gunstock was keeping track of which campers were with the FSP and which were not?
I have no idea.  They said told us where people were going.  Why is this so important to you? 

Just emphasizing that you can't blame Gunstock for what site you got or if it was close enough to enough of the other fspers. You should have found out where people were staying and made sure you were close enough. Or, scouted out the campgrounds and then told them which site. It;s not the campgrounds job to do that for you.

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #51 on: April 01, 2009, 03:55:49 pm »

Holy shit! WOW!

Do you people need a hug?

Has the winter been long and we are a little edgy?

3 pages of bitching over camping spots?

Take a deep breath, take a smoke if ya need to.

Rogers is a much tighter camp ground then Rogers.
Quite frankly I could be heard from one side of Rogers to the other
if the need was there.

Folks will have to VOLUNTARILY COPERATE with each other
so all will have a good time.

I am sure we are capable of this.

Now don't make me stop this car and come back there.
Play nice, or there will be belly bops in your future.

"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant
« Reply #52 on: April 01, 2009, 04:07:36 pm »

LMFAO @ Pat!!!!   ;D    I need a hug!  Do you know what?!  I found a tick on my leg today.  A tick!!!  Already!!!  Can you freaking believe it?!!!  ugh - so gross. 

Anyway, thinking about this whole situation a bit more...

If those who are discouraging families to camp in that area because *they* plan on being noisy/loud already would be so kind as to post what sites *they* have reserved, so then perhaps families with kids that want to be away from those discourteous behaviors might be able to decide for themselves what site is best, rather than posting where they think others "should" camp.

I think Tammy is right - the last thing anyone wants is for everyone to be pointing fingers at everyone else and saying "You should do this."  If I came across that way, I apologise too.  I was trying to announce what I had been asked to announce; that is all.  

So, yeah, maybe best course of action is a thread of "I am Jane Doe and I will be attending with 5 of my girlfriends and we plan on being up all night and getting drunk and being really loud.  We'll be at Campsite 8."  and "I am John Smith, single dad with child and cat (sorry Muni, that's just too funny, I had to use it!!  ;D ) and I would like peace and quiet so I will be at Campsite 100."  or something.  Those that are undecided can view what's what and decide after that.  

Just a thought - you all, of course, don't need to do that but it would likely be most helpful to those with kids, rather than telling them what site YOU (edit: or I) think is best for THEM.  :)
« Last Edit: April 01, 2009, 04:09:23 pm by ivyleague28477 »

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #53 on: April 01, 2009, 04:08:43 pm »

I'm not sure why people who have already reserved their sites should be expected to change to a different site because now there is some previously unannounced plan to to have a "family area".

My camping plans were set quite a few months back. Some people I am camping with/near may or may not have their kid(s) with them. We decided on our site because of it's location, it's amenities, and the size/layout of the site itself. We planned ahead so we could have the site we wanted. I have no intention of changing plans now.

The concept of a family area might be a good one - if it was planned ahead of time and announced when the dates were announced. Trying to pull this together now seems futile.

I couldn't disagree more with your Futile comment (I don't give up easily) and I don't think anyone has any real expectations of anyone doing anything they don't want to do. 

I think it's a Super idea to try and put families together, even at this late moment in time, as much as possible, through Voluntary Actions.  No One is Expecting Anyone to do Anything they don't want to do (People won't be asked, personally).   I know there's still the large majority who haven't yet made reservations and if they want to try and be next to each other as much ts possible, why shouldn't they try versus listening to your... It Will Never Work Attitude and try nothing?  I have the oppisite Attitude, it's a very "Can Do Anything" Philosophy and so I'd love to see those interested go for it and do the best they can (can't miss!!!).

Those interested will make themselves known and do what they can and to create a "Make Shift" Kids' area in the name of Fun.  It won't be perfect (but who cares?).  That's what we'll do this year and next year, the FreeStater Families & the FSP will be All Over It and it will even be better.

It's All Good, Piece of Cake!   

The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant
« Reply #54 on: April 01, 2009, 04:25:04 pm »

No Really, Markus.  We should all just give up.  There is no voluntaryism here.  It doesn't matter that no one was saying "should" or "we expect you to" or "you have to", what matters is "I was here first".  After all, don't we all hate it when we hear the words "It's for the children!"  Makeshift, schmakeshift - blah.  Who cares if the kids want to be near the playground?  "I was there first."   >:D  ;D   Right?  lol

ny2nh

« Reply #55 on: April 01, 2009, 04:42:35 pm »

From what I have heard, all the sites along the playground are already booked except for site 8. I could be wrong.

And sorry, Ivy, this isn't about "I was here first", this is about some people have planned ahead of time so that they could get a dry site with water and electric. It;s not anyone's "fault" that those sites happened to be by the playground.

And Markus - I don't give up quickly either, however, considering the sites that surround the playground have already been reserved, that makes it futile in my view. I would think rather than waste energy on trying to undo what is already done, maybe that energy should be put into a plan b.

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #56 on: April 01, 2009, 07:16:29 pm »

No one better wake me up... no matter where my site is... but there is now about a 10% chance I might not be there.   :'(

Also I am teaching my son to play the bugle.

First one at 5am...  :P

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #57 on: April 01, 2009, 08:01:28 pm »

I think it's great that families are trying to camp next to each other.  After reading Dave M's PorcFest Past Thread, it sounds like the quietest places are going to be on the edges of the Campground (away from the center, i.e.; playground). 

So it sounds like maybe this could be the plan?  Regardless, I would encourage all Families to ignore those who say it's too late, it won't work.  Rather use their "no" comments to show them Yes! 

Use what they don't, your Imagination to make it work and have fun!   Because it Absolutely can be positive to some Degree!   
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

lloydbob1

« Reply #58 on: April 01, 2009, 08:17:27 pm »

I have reserved campsites through out Rogers.  I have a campsite near you! whoever you are.  I will be accepting Gold and Silver for 'not' partying every night during Porcfest.

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant
« Reply #59 on: April 01, 2009, 10:05:49 pm »

LMAO Lloyd!!!

*sigh* ah well, I guess that's what it takes to try and accommodate certain needs - bribery!  hehehe
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up