Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down

Author Topic: Family Area at 2009 PorcFest?  (Read 32686 times)

George Donnelly

• FSP Participant
  • Moving to NH ... some day?
    • Arm your Mind for Liberty
Family Area at 2009 PorcFest?
« on: March 22, 2009, 09:52:32 am »

Are there any plans for families to camp in the same area? I have a 3 year old so I'd like for my family to camp away from the parties and near other families. Any takers?

lloydbob1

Re: Family Area at 2009 PorcFest?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2009, 01:46:09 pm »

One of you could find what area has not been reserved heavily for that week and aim for it.

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2009, 03:12:05 pm »

The Walkers (with soon-to-be-four-year-old Peter) and the Eastmans (with Angel, Daniel, Tamber, and Eli that I know of coming, ranging from 6 - 16 y.o.) will be sharing a site close to the playground.  You could reserve one in that general area.  :)  I don't necessarily know where the "parties" may be held, but at lest kids would be nearby.

Kate

• Now in NH
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2009, 12:02:38 pm »

For a  very quiet sites I would look at sites 100 to 110.  These are quite a hike to the main festivities.
The sites near the playground are very convenient but they are not going to be quiet. due to the are on he main drag into the camp sites.
The campsites along the top of the map  tend to be fairly quiet and some are also more private because they are in the woods.
Kate

George Donnelly

• FSP Participant
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2009, 12:16:23 pm »

Thanks all for your comments. :)

freedomroad

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2009, 01:02:23 pm »

Also keep in mind that earplugs are very cheap (even cotton balls work a little).  I'm just saying...

George Donnelly

• FSP Participant
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2009, 01:15:06 pm »

LOL, ok we'll bring those too. Hey I don't want to rain on anyone's parade, I just want to get out of their way. :)

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2009, 02:23:05 pm »

Also keep in mind that earplugs are very cheap (even cotton balls work a little).  I'm just saying...

A less unpleasant alternative might also be the hotel...though that kind of defeats the purpose if you're coming to camp.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

George Donnelly

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2009, 02:29:27 pm »

Exactly, yes, I want to camp, and introduce my wife and son to camping. They've never done it and I haven't since I was a boy scout.

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2009, 02:50:49 pm »

We were right on the poplar field last year, just a stone's throw from the "fun tent", and Pete didn't have any trouble sleeping through on any given night.  I think there's so much going on during the day, that little ones get tuckered out by nightfall and can't help but sleep soundly.

You and your wife would be the ones to "worry" about, and earplugs *do* work great.   ;D

ny2nh

« Reply #10 on: March 23, 2009, 04:46:48 pm »

Are there any plans for families to camp in the same area? I have a 3 year old so I'd like for my family to camp away from the parties and near other families. Any takers?

If you're looking for quiet - which is completely understandable if you have a young child - I would stay clear of the busy part of the campground including the playground area. As Kate suggested, sites 100-110, would be more quiet for a family.

Lumpy

• Peaceful Loudmouth
« Reply #11 on: March 23, 2009, 09:14:32 pm »

Last year at Porcfest, the state jerkers ...  ahhh, I mean "workers" placed us away from the Poplar field, which was where there were lots of thangs goin' on.
It was quiet but I feel like I missed out on the camaraderie.  We did bring bikes along with us though and that was good.  It was a good idea and IS a good idea for anyone who has a bike.  Just a suggestion.
Lumpy<br />“Stand Your Ground, Don’t Fire Unless Fired Upon. But If They Mean To Have War, Let it Start Here.” Captain John Parker, Lexington, Massachusetts April 19, 1775

ny2nh

« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2009, 06:52:46 am »

Last year at Porcfest, the state jerkers ...  ahhh, I mean "workers" placed us away from the Poplar field, which was where there were lots of thangs goin' on.
It was quiet but I feel like I missed out on the camaraderie.  We did bring bikes along with us though and that was good.  It was a good idea and IS a good idea for anyone who has a bike.  Just a suggestion.

No reason you couldn't have picked a spot in Poplar Field. I've never had a campground - including Gunstock or any other state run facility - "place" me at a particular site. Maybe you said you wanted a wooded site, or something secluded.....or whatever....and they directed you to the site you ended up with. If the sites in Poplar Filed were already gone by the time you arrived, lesson learned to reserve a site ahead of time. : )

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 24, 2009, 09:26:18 pm »

If you're looking for quiet - which is completely understandable if you have a young child - I would stay clear of the busy part of the campground including the playground area. As Kate suggested, sites 100-110, would be more quiet for a family.

yeah I am staying the furtherest away from the parties... it is unknown if I am bring little dreepas with me to Pfest.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2009, 12:23:13 am by Dreepa »

lloydbob1

« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2009, 05:59:09 am »

Leave'in them home to run the farm?
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up