Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Reservists and State Rep. eligibility  (Read 1201 times)

nonlnear

Reservists and State Rep. eligibility
« on: January 04, 2010, 11:06:49 am »

I have a simple question that I've found hard to get details on.  The NHLA's brochure on becoming a state representative says that federal employees are ineligible.  Does this include reservists?  I am contemplating a stint in the Air Force Reserves, but might think twice if it disqualifies me from eligibility.

I think it might take a few years to bring my wife around to the idea of New Hampshire.  She is a teacher in the NY public school system and hates everything about her job except the teaching.  We will be moving very soon; we anticipate a few years down near DC.  If played right, I think that might be enough to convince her...

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Reservists and State Rep. eligibility
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 11:58:36 am »

welcome to the forum

(she can teach in NH!)

have her visit the Liberty Forum... that might convince her (www.freestateproject.org/libertyforum)

I would think you would be eligble...but one phone call or email can make sure:

http://www.sos.nh.gov/

nonlnear

Re: Reservists and State Rep. eligibility
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 12:05:03 pm »

Thanks for the reminder of my capacity for self-sufficiency.  It's fitting for the first reply to my first post here.  We'll see if the NH Department of State can get me an answer before one is posted here...

As for my wife it's not a question of finding a job.  It's more about distance to family, among other things.  We both have pretty portable careers.  :)
Pages: [1]   Go Up