Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Unofficial PorcFest Stuph  (Read 5260 times)

MK

• AKA Markus
Unofficial PorcFest Stuph
« on: February 19, 2009, 04:12:11 pm »

Thought I would start a thread with info about "Unofficial Stuph" that's happening during the week of PorcFest.  I want to do a little Horseshoe Tournament on Wed. eve and got the green light to light the Horseshoe pits at Rogers for that.  Start time will depend on how many people are interested.  I was thinking of a $5 entry fee, then Fed Notes will be used to buy Silver with prize Silver going to 1st, 2nd & 3rd.

I also found out there's a "Program" Thursday eve. at the Park nearby with the topic being "Life in Northern NH" that starts at 7pm.  It's free for NH residents, $7 for out of state Adults and $5 or $4 for kids (under 5 free), and might be possibility for those who are there all week and looking for something different to do.

The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

Keyser Soce

• FSP Participant
Re: Unofficial PorcFest Stuph
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2009, 12:44:43 am »

I'm going to organize several tournaments, the details of which will be determined by the interest shown.

Poker

Backgammon

Gin

Chess

For the two person games, I was thinking of doing a ladder type competition. For the poker, making an interest board for different times and levels of play. When a spot gets enough people, it's a go. There could conceivably be one every night or even several during the course of one day.

And paintball. Those interested can start contacting me and we'll go from there.

I almost forgot, I'll be putting together a tequila tasting contest too.
"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a patriot." -- Mark Twain

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2009, 08:37:59 pm »

I'm going to organize several tournaments, the details of which will be determined by the interest shown.

Poker

Backgammon

Gin

Chess

For the two person games, I was thinking of doing a ladder type competition. For the poker, making an interest board for different times and levels of play. When a spot gets enough people, it's a go. There could conceivably be one every night or even several during the course of one day.

And paintball. Those interested can start contacting me and we'll go from there.

Wow, that's great, lots of good ideas (!)  I'd definately be interested in the Painball as well as getting some fresh Chips and Salsa to go with that tequila.
The Gun you have Pointed at me is Awfully Distracting.  Please put it down and then I'll listen.

sonio

• FSP Participant
    • Sonio on Facebook
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2009, 12:15:27 am »

Painball

;D  I heard those little pellets hurt!
It is sobering to reflect that one of the best ways to get yourself a reputation as a dangerous citizen these days is to go about repeating the very phrases which our founding fathers used in the struggle for independence. – Charles A. Beard

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2009, 08:45:11 am »

Painball

;D  I heard those little pellets hurt!
I have played in the cold and they do.

Not so much in the summer... well sometimes.

Russell Kanning

• FSP Participant
    • We must be the change we wish to see in the world.
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2009, 12:21:28 pm »

I also found out there's a "Program" Thursday eve. at the Park nearby with the topic being "Life in Northern NH" that starts at 7pm.  It's free for NH residents, $7 for out of state Adults and $5 or $4 for kids (under 5 free), and might be possibility for those who are there all week and looking for something different to do.
Which park is that?
BTW ... I would recommend Weeks State Park just south of Lancaster ... it has a great tower at the top of the hill with great views on a clear day.
The NH Underground - "First they ignore you, then they ridicule you, then they fight you, then you win." -Mahatma Gandhi
New Hampshire Free Press - The Nonviolent Revolution Starts Here

"Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces." -- Etienne de La Boetie, The Politics of Obedience: The Discourse of Voluntary Servitude

MK

• AKA Markus
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2009, 08:51:18 pm »

Which park is that?
BTW ... I would recommend Weeks State Park just south of Lancaster ... it has a great tower at the top of the hill with great views on a clear day.

Great Recommendation!  As a matter of fact the Program location is the same place you recommended (with the Tower). 

If people want, they could walk (without trail) to this park as it's right next to Roger's' Campground, but it's just a short drive up.

http://www.nhstateparks.org/state-parks/alphabetical-order/john-wingate-weeks-historic-site/
« Last Edit: March 04, 2009, 12:18:01 pm by Peacemaker »

ivyleague28477

• FSP Participant
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2009, 11:09:52 pm »

I'll be putting together a tequila tasting contest too.
I'd definately be interested in... getting some fresh Chips and Salsa to go with that tequila.
Noted.  KS, let me know what night the tasting is and I'll get chips, salsa, and more (you know......).   ;)

Tracer Tong

• FSP Participant
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 03:45:42 pm »

Poker

Backgammon

Gin

Chess

Count me in for chess!
Good.  We begin to operate from a position of strength.
We will start manufacturing the swords and distributing them to our allies.

sj

• Administrator
    • The Ridley Report
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2009, 12:31:44 am »

Poker

Backgammon

Gin

Chess

Count me in for chess!

Me too.
Moved?  Email Moved@FreeStateProject.org to let them know where you landed, and to get your mover number.

Otosan

• FSP Participant
  • I'm ready to move, anywhere, anytime!
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2009, 07:09:40 pm »

I am a serious hiker now....will there be any planes on hiking and camping in the MTS?
"The perfect slave is the slave who thinks that he is free."
- [Unknown]
Taxes are the extra money we give the government to do  good things! (2nd grade Social Studies book)

lloydbob1

« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2009, 07:12:53 pm »

There is usually a hike up Mt. Liberty on Friday. It will be good to see you!

Pat K

• First 1000
  • FSP Participant
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2009, 07:46:19 pm »

I am a serious hiker now....will there be any planes on hiking and camping in the MTS?

I will hike right up the stairs to my room.
"It's not all gonna be candy and blow-jobs"-Dale

Jason Osborne ‎"Fighting for reduction of government" is kind of like smashing your dick in a car door to reduce the pain of smashing your dick in the car door, and then getting pissed at the folks who don't want to smash their dicks in car doors as if it is their fault that your dick hurts.

"I don't recommend looking towards a government building if you don't want to see indecent behavior."  --Russell Kanning
Pages: [1]   Go Up