Free State Project Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Fire Department at the Liberty Forum  (Read 3234 times)

Slim

• FSP Participant
Fire Department at the Liberty Forum
« on: March 16, 2009, 02:47:12 pm »

I saw some pics from the LF where the fire department was at the hotel. Can someone fill me in on what happened? I did not stay at the hotel so it could have happened when I was at my hotel.
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn't have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.  -Stephen Hawking

Dreepa

• First 1000
  • Global Moderator
Re: Fire Department at the Liberty Forum
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2009, 03:16:52 pm »

I saw some pics from the LF where the fire department was at the hotel. Can someone fill me in on what happened? I did not stay at the hotel so it could have happened when I was at my hotel.
There was a fire alarm late one night.

(It wasn't us.. something in the kitchen)... we didn't have to leave the building...ending up having a party in the foyer.

Slim

• FSP Participant
Re: Fire Department at the Liberty Forum
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2009, 03:48:08 pm »

There was a fire alarm late one night.

(It wasn't us.. something in the kitchen)... we didn't have to leave the building...ending up having a party in the foyer.

Ok I just wanted to make sure it was not due to the ashtray fire that I extinguished.
For millions of years, mankind lived just like the animals. Then something happened which unleashed the power of our imagination. We learned to talk and we learned to listen. Speech has allowed the communication of ideas, enabling human beings to work together to build the impossible. Mankind's greatest achievements have come about by talking, and its greatest failures by not talking. It doesn't have to be like this. Our greatest hopes could become reality in the future. With the technology at our disposal, the possibilities are unbounded. All we need to do is make sure we keep talking.  -Stephen Hawking
Pages: [1]   Go Up